The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Music Needs To Be Changed Into Something Less Sleepy

Tazdingoo

If I recall, before the whole music revamp, the Void music used to be more action-y but now the whole choir orchestra music doesn't go well with the amount of things happening before your eyes. My friends and I like to do survival and we always stay for like 30 - 40 mins but in that time, the music doesn't help with us not trying to fall asleep.

Sometimes we even have to open up Youtube in the background and play more epic music to keep us pumped up. Basically, what I would like is for the music design guys to have a look at the Void music and maybe change it into something that fits with the Void theme but also keeps us pumped.

An example would be the Corpus music we have. That's one example of having it pumped up while still sticking to the corpus-y theme.

I fail to see though how your taste in Void music will please someone else.

It's technically safer to just have music that puts people to sleep, so they will finally figure out that since they have a computer powerful enough to control NASA Mission Control, it can also play whatever music they like at the same time.

I had not even noticed the Void HAD music. Game music is one of the first things I turn off.

Edited by DSpite

It's technically safer to just have music that puts people to sleep, so they will finally figure out that since they have a computer powerful enough to control NASA Mission Control, it can also play whatever music they like at the same time.

I had not even noticed the Void HAD music. Game music is one of the first things I turn off.

You turn off your game music? It just feels different playing without any music. Even if its not good.

Pretty much.

Opening up youtube and listening to whatever you like seems to be like a better option than changing the entire void music, again.

I don't turn the music off myself, but over all the fighting, I can barely hear the void music anyway.

Edited by DeathClawing

I'd like even more tracks to be honest, with the stages randomly picking one. And perhaps among the new ones, ones that are not sleepy.

Another solution would be this one :D Have more tracks that play at different points. Pumped up music when there's a big room of enemies and then maybe slow again for those times you're just running around.

Yes do it. Do it now. We need some epic music.

As long as people keep upvoting this post we can highlight it to the Devs :)

Maybe for the PC players this can be easily solved but can you imagine our Xbox and PS4 brothers playing on their comfortable couches? They'd be dozing off 15 minutes into Survival. If I can fall asleep in Church on Sunday morning with this music on I don't see why I won't fall asleep in warframe with the same music.

Fun Fact: A while ago, the Void did not have its own music. In fact, it played Corpus action music in the background in lieu of its actual theme. The Void music was implemented to add some freshness to the Void (arguably the most played tileset) since it had no unique character of its own in the music department and because people were tired of having half the game's factions play the same music.

I actually like the music a lot, but it is also running the issue of getting tired considering that the Void is pretty much the only place you ever need to go to most of the time after you complete your starchart. Hopefully Starchart 3.0 will alleviate this. I do wish for some adjustments to the music though. Not only in the Void, but all tilesets. The calm themes DE makes feel like they go to waste a lot of the time since they as soon as you engage more than 1 enemy at a time.

I also wish DE would put out an official OST for the game; put it on the merch store or something. I'd really like to listen to some of these tracks on my own time without having to resort to youtube videos and I suppose it could more easily help people who want to play a different song from the game over certain missions.

Yeah, change a sacred place into some dubstep dancefloor.

Yeah, no.

No one's asking for the music to be changed into dubstep. You can still make it epic while sticking with the sacred theme. Try listening to some cinematic music. Dubstep only works for Corpus tilesets.

some of my personal soundtracks

Defense

Survival

Assassination

Tactical Alert

Excavation (Lua / Tikal)

The ninja gaiden one would really fit into the Void tilesets I feel. If we could have a similar sounding music would be awesome.

Void music is grossly out of place! There you have an intense firefight, explosions and bodies flying everywhere, while music, only fitted for menus of a quest game, is playing. What I hear is absolutely dissociates with what I see on a screen.

Fun Fact: A while ago, the Void did not have its own music. In fact, it played Corpus action music in the background in lieu of its actual theme. The Void music was implemented to add some freshness to the Void (arguably the most played tileset) since it had no unique character of its own in the music department and because people were tired of having half the game's factions play the same music.

That's actually pretty recent. The first iteration had it playing the original taiko drum soundtrack, then at some point they changed the Corpus music (it might have been around the time of Cryotic Front, but I was away then) and stuck that in the void as well.

That was brilliant. I'd just come back after a 6 month break. I'd uninstalled the game and as such lost all my settings, so the music was turned back on again upon re-installing it. I started going through the various weapons which needed to be levelled and when I came to the Buzlok, magic happened. The combination of that utterly beautiful gunfire sound and the Corpus battle music sucked me right back into the game.

And then they replaced it with the current Void music... which made me reach straight for the in-game music volume setting. At least I managed to find a download of the Corpus battle music, so I can play that manually while fighting.