Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Chance That We Can Combine Reactors And Catalysts?

Flowen231

When you think about it, they both do the same exact thing, the only difference is what you can use them on. The way they work now, we may as well have 2 different kind of forma, one that works on frames/bodies, and one that works on weaponry. I feel like it would make sense for this to be a change, and as for building costs, I say it should be the catalyst's build cost since it differs from forma.

Oh man. And then you open the marketplace and BAM, suddenly new Blueprint.

[Catalyst Reactor BP] - Cost: 500.000 Credits

Requires:

1x Catalyst

1x Reactor

1x Forma

5x Argon Crystal

Construction Time: 3 Days

Description:
"Creates a single Catalyst Reactor that can be fitted into any type of equipment. Why does this exist? We have no idea, but you were asking for it, and we aim to please."

Please noooo :(

Grinding on Warframe is crazy enough ...

Don't make it even more :(

Oh man. And then you open the marketplace and BAM, suddenly new Blueprint.

[Catalyst Reactor BP] - Cost: 500.000 Credits

Requires:

1x Catalyst

1x Reactor

1x Forma

5x Argon Crystal

Construction Time: 3 Days

Description:

"Creates a single Catalyst Reactor that can be fitted into any type of equipment. Why does this exist? We have no idea, but you were asking for it, and we aim to please."

Did y'all actually read his post or just the title? That's not what it sounds like he's suggesting.

I like the idea of just picking one that takes the place of both. They do both function the same, so only one item should be needed to fulfill the role.

When you think about it, they both do the same exact thing, the only difference is what you can use them on. The way they work now, we may as well have 2 different kind of forma, one that works on frames/bodies, and one that works on weaponry. I feel like it would make sense for this to be a change, and as for building costs, I say it should be the catalyst's build cost since it differs from forma.

But they don't work the same.  One works on warframes and the other works on weapons.  That's like saying uranium and gasoline are the same because they are both fuels.

You used forma as an example, but formas work the exact same on both.  A forma polarizes a slot.

I think it makes sense that there are both catalysts and reactors.

Just to clarify, I did not mean that you should be able to fuse both into one item, I meant that DE should get rid of one of them, and have the other one work on both bodies and weapons. Catalysts and Reactors both do the same exact thing; They double your mod capacity. Having 2 items that do this is just unnecessary. 

Just to clarify, I did not mean that you should be able to fuse both into one item, I meant that DE should get rid of one of them, and have the other one work on both bodies and weapons. Catalysts and Reactors both do the same exact thing; They double your mod capacity. Having 2 items that do this is just unnecessary. 

But they work on two completely different items.