Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Decline?

nellone

According to www.steamcharts.com warframe had 28k players on january and it growed very much, gaining almost 50k of players on july... but!
Someting happening... quite fastly our game is loosing his playerbase and now we are turned back on january, we have again 28k of players, or only a bit more with the last new frame.

What do you think about this trend? I know only that i switched many clans, they are all dead and the last is dying just now... almost all of my friends don't play anymore... i'm very sad about that!

My thought is wf has a desperate need of "end game" content,... i'm mr 20, the game now is not enough rewarding....  no more challanges, no more fun... T_T

Please, tell me your point of view

the veterans like myself will pop in for the major updates and burn out the content, going on hiatus again for a month or two.

it's not really on decline, just not curning out enough content to keep the veterans like myself busy to keep logging in on the daily

I think if you could go back further and look at the trends you would find a similar pattern, only with fewer members.

I don't know exact figures but I would venture to guess that the near 30k active members would be the old peak about a year ago, and around half that when a major title or titles gets relaesed, like Destiny for example.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

many players only pop after a big update, and leave again after the burnout overcomes the novelty the update brings.

If we want to retain players, we will need to completely restructure warframe.

The grind will need to be fun

Missions be dynamic

quests be replayable

swordplay and gunplay 'feel' better

mastery ranks need to die violently

stealth, stealth, stealth

weapon rebalance

stealth

a real endgame - and everyone knows that endgame tends to involve pvp, so conclave rework

and lastly, pbr on everything, because you can't have enough shiny stuff.

many players only pop after a big update, and leave again after the burnout overcomes the novelty the update brings.

If we want to retain players, we will need to completely restructure warframe.

The grind will need to be fun

Missions be dynamic

quests be replayable

swordplay and gunplay 'feel' better

mastery ranks need to die violently

stealth, stealth, stealth

weapon rebalance

stealth

a real endgame - and everyone knows that endgame tends to involve pvp, so conclave rework

and lastly, pbr on everything, because you can't have enough shiny stuff.

God.... so you can read my mind!

I Kinda agree with you OP....There is just nothing to do in warframe anymore(for me),...i enjoyed wukong,but then again same maps ,same missions.

Any new updates are just more okayish weapons,Meh alerts and  boosters. But in the recent devstream they game a glimpse into the new hight level daily missions,hopefully they are good enough.

According to www.steamcharts.com warframe had 28k players on january and it growed very much, gaining almost 50k of players on july... but!

Someting happening... quite fastly our game is loosing his playerbase and now we are turned back on january, we have again 28k of players, or only a bit more with the last new frame.

What do you think about this trend? I know only that i switched many clans, they are all dead and the last is dying just now... almost all of my friends don't play anymore... i'm very sad about that!

My thought is wf has a desperate need of "end game" content,... i'm mr 20, the game now is not enough rewarding....  no more challanges, no more fun... T_T

Please, tell me your point of view

What??? Hahaa. Here is your explanation...ready?

Fallout 4

Black Ops 3

Star Wars Battlefront

Destiny: The Fallen King

Don't worry, Die-Hards like me will get Warframe $$$ for Christmas.

Your observation is good but there is a generic flaw in your analysis.

Your basic question is whether warframe will die so the question really is: 

Do you want 5,000 daily paying customers or 50,000 non paying players. So when you see daily users drop, are they paying or non-paying.

Now on to part 2 of this. I think that Warframe still offers a unique proposition to:

a. people who have spent too much here to give it up

b. people who just come back for a day or 2 every few months to maintain the account 

c. people who don't have money to buy new games every month and

d. people who don't have the systems to play the latest games like Fo4 (like me but that will change in 2 weeks).

I wont go into detail on the problems Wf has (there are 5,000 threads on that) but when they start losing their value proposition, gamers will just move on

Do you want 5,000 daily paying customers or 50,000 non paying players. So when you see daily users drop, are they paying or non-paying.

You want both as the paying customers need others to play with and will get bored if the population drops too much and change games.