The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rip My Clan

Skarokin

Question

So basically, I own a clan called "The Exalted Tenno" and basically, its dead, any tips?

Im thinking of starting fresh, but at the same time ive spent so much time and resources on that clan, plus its really grown on me. Only players active are me and my friends, rest few people are like... non-existent.

My choices:

1. Start fresh

2. Change clan name

3. Attempt to recruit (even though that kinda fails, only my true friends stay in the clan)

4. Simply quit being a clan owner

What do you guys recommend me? Im probably gonna stick with #3 but I want some opinions

11 answers to this question

If you're not ghost, you can wait until downsizing is an option, then essentially start fresh with the same dojo.

huh good idea

Well technically im a ghost clan but i built storm and shadow barracks so i dont need to worry about them later.

Ive had this clan for about... 2-3 months now but max amount of players we've EVER had is 10 :c

ill try that but Im not kicking my amazing friends even though they are inactive hhh

huh good idea

Well technically im a ghost clan but i built storm and shadow barracks so i dont need to worry about them later.

Ive had this clan for about... 2-3 months now but max amount of players we've EVER had is 10 :c

ill try that but Im not kicking my amazing friends even though they are inactive hhh

You can probably downsize to a shadow clan, that's only 30 people, or if you can cut the fat you can go down to Ghost Clan, but right now you are a Storm Clan, and have to pay the prices. =/

Edited by Gelkor

huh good idea

HUGE mistake. Huge.  I've got my own solo clan and I wanted to add a barracks just to have it.  Thank God DE displayed that clear warning when adding a barracks.

My advice to you is to demolish your current clan and rebuild it.  Sure, you'd be losing a few resources but nothing compared to adding to a storm clan.

My advice to you is to demolish your current clan and rebuild it. Sure, you'd be losing a few resources but nothing compared to adding to a storm clan.

Clan downsizing is coming in 4 days. So, like, starting over from scratch is the worst advice.

It all depends on what your end goal is. If you're tired of a dead clan chat and need more people to play with, join an alliance. You will not be able to do this until you downsize your clan because alliances take your clan tier into account and not how many players you have (if your clan can hold 100 and you only have 10 clan mates you will take up 100 "alliance spots" out of 4000).

If you're tired of funding all the research, downsizing will ease that significantly.

Recruitment is all about marketing. Figure out (don't ask) who you want to recruit and what they're looking for in a clan. The answer is quite often "an established one". Having an established alliance helps this and will help your clan through the rough growing fazes.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with your name (take that with a grain of salt coming from a guy named B0XMAN).

#4 is really up to you. As Warlord, you will be doing the brunt, if not all, of the research and this goes up with every tier or barracks built.

As far as a tip, never force clan mates to do anything. It can, does, and will get frustrating doing the brunt of the research yourself, but nothing sends people looking for another clan faster than constant nagging for contributions. Also don't spam in recruitment.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517