Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: How To Fix Mirage

dendroaspis84

I'm really loving this warframe, but she needs little improvement. 4th skill drains too much energy if you have power duration mods installed which are good for other her abilities. Even with maxed streamline & flow mods, still I often get low on energy. I suggest to remove energy draining for Mirage. It's okay for Ember for example, cause she kills enemies around her too fast & gets energy baloons quite often, but with Mirage it's just pain in the a**. Plus she's got small shield/health. Such a good warframe, but needs improvement.

Hope DE will take my suggestion & remove energy draining for Mirage's 4th skill.

Edited by dendroaspis84

I dont believe 'fixed' is the term you should use, perhaps you mean 'improve.' However, her having trade offs are not necessarily a bad thing. Though having the MMOBA dream (having every ability useful regardless) is nice it does take away some of the thought involved in players' informed decisions.

If you plan on primarily using your 4 you will have to detriment your ability to multiply weapon damage. Not to mention the crowd control that comes with using your 4.

If your focus is weaponry it will come at the cost of ability to use your 4th. This doesn't mean you can't, it doesn't mean it's not useful, but you have to be much more conservative than you would else-wise.

And I'm sure there is a slight middle ground where you can prioritize both at some cost. It wont be perfect, It may cost you range, it may cost you health, etc. but that's part of the challenge of builds (and apparently alchemy).

Her 'problem', in my opinion, is the usefulness/accessibility of her second ability and its augment.

Edited by Lotus_of_Syn

Mirage is a beast. She does NOT require any fix, nerf or rework whatsoever, unless it's about changing Sleight of Hand, but it's not even worth the effort. She has three very powerful skills that allow her to be modded in two different, effective ways - godlike CC or pure DPS (the most engaging way to play her imo).

There are many frames that need more attention than her.

Mirage is amazing. Like others have said Sleight of Hand is the one that could use changes more than anything else on her. The augment makes it where I think it should be though, so that's something that will cost a slot, but that's the trade-off. I'd even say that Mirage has the best (full) set of Augments that complement her powers.

The only other thing would be a HUD change to tell you the bonus you're getting from Eclipse (never knew it wasn't supposed to be static) or make it just switch to maximum value you're modded for when in that light/dark setting.

Edit: Her powers don't cost a lot of energy to cast either. I'm not modded for efficiency, just duration, an intensify, and stretch. Don't even have primed flow (just regular flow) and I'm hardly ever going below 350 energy. Although I don't spam Prism, but I do usually let it run its full duration of >20sec

Edited by Maicael

I'm really loving this warframe, but she needs little improvement. 4th skill drains too much energy if you have power duration mods installed which are good for other her abilities. Even with maxed streamline & flow mods, still I often get low on energy. I suggest to remove energy draining for Mirage. It's okay for Ember for example, cause she kills enemies around her too fast & gets energy baloons quite often, but with Mirage it's just pain in the a**. Plus she's got small shield/health. Such a good warframe, but needs improvement.

Hope DE will take my suggestion & remove energy draining for Mirage's 4th skill.

DE won't listen to you. Wanna know why? Because there's nothing to fix or change

Don't fix what's not broken.

you should really build some efficiency on mirage anyway

Actually no you should not, unless you are raiding. DPS Mirage is one of the frames that cares the least about efficiency in the game since Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse, which run on duration, can last over a minute when modded. You can go with Blind Rage and no Flow and be perfectly fine. Her aura slot fits Energy Siphon to recover some extra juice if needed.

Mirage is one of the frames with the least problems. Her powers all have uses (even if you don't like slight of hand). Her drain rate on Prism is at a very balanced level unlike other frames with channeled powers. Leave her alone.

Edited by Crewell

Actually no you should not, unless you are raiding. DPS Mirage is one of the frames that cares the least about efficiency in the game since Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse, which run on duration, can last over a minute when modded. You can go with Blind Rage and no Flow and be perfectly fine. Her aura slot fits Energy Siphon to recover some extra juice if needed.

if you run blind rage you need streamline going in the negatives with power efficency is terrible on most frames imo, also using fleeting grants you way more uptime than running pure duration at the cost of recasting more often, if you don't run hall of malignance i think that you should run efficiency 

if you run blind rage you need streamline going in the negatives with power efficency is terrible on most frames imo, also using fleeting grants you way more uptime than running pure duration at the cost of recasting more often, if you don't run hall of malignance i think that you should run efficiency 

Not on Mirage no I don't. Power efficiency is fine on most frames imo, except for weird drainers like Equinox with her 4rth.

Also no, duration doubles as efficiency so here it's better than FE. Why would I bother recasting often when I can avoid to ? Also fleeting would be contradictory. Duration-based abilities are meant to last, it's a non sense to slash their running time "just so they cost less to recast".

It's called "Hall of Malevolence" and I think I know exactly what suits my Mirage.