Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sharkwing Is Practically Unplayable In Second Dream

Tesseract7777

Some of the missions require having an archwing for underwater. 

Every time I go underwater on these missions the sound bugs out and I start lagging massively. 

This happens nowhere else in the game, even on regular archwing, at least for me. I have had the first mission crash at least 6-7 times before I got through. 

Then it started crashing on the second mission... I feel like I'm never going to get through this quest like this. 

Please, do something about the buggy sharkwing portions, there are massive memory leaks somewhere making it almost unplayable. 

I'm having the same problem. It's absolutely impossible to complete any of the missions as I just lag so bad when I enter sharkframe mode. The game will run fine for 5 seconds, then the audio will clip over and bug out, and then the game just freezes for atleast 6 seconds. Then there's a 5 second interval, and it happens again.

....And then it'll just keep happening until the game crashes. I've crashed about 3 times now.

Are you running on an AMD processor? It could be a hardware problem after the update.

I run an AMD processor yes. Perhaps that has something to do with the problem? Although I'm not sure if there's anything I can do on my end to help fix it. 

Your problem sounds pretty much exactly like mine, makes trying to get through the first couple missions hell. 

I only managed to get through the first one by eventually just helping with the only when where you can stay out of the water, and then letting the others get the other two, and then heading to the exit. 

The second mission my heart sank when I saw it was another submersible, after the first crashes. 

I really want to get through the story, but I don't want to just read it and be spoiled. I want to enjoy it all as I go, but right now I can't get through the early stuff. Sadface. : ( 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Hopefully if this gets enough attention (I'm assuming it will, there's some steam friends i have that run AMD and are literally ripping the nails off their fingers over this,) it'll be fixed soon.

I tried running the game on my AMD FX 6300, and that's when things went buggy. I might just see if my old i5 is compatible with the motherboard on the computer I'm using; maybe it'll narrow things down quicker.

I'm assuming it's an AMD problem though because after every so new big updates there seems to be hotfixes regarding AMD processors.

I posted about it in the megathread for bugs and [DE]Rebecca responded. Apparently quite a few people are reporting this, and they are trying to get a fix for it. However, any logs of the crashes would be helpful. She'd like us to send our ee.logs to support when it hangs in sharkwing so they can get a fix quicker. 

Sadly I can't really send the logs of the crashes. I've never had problems like this with sharkwing ever, only with this update. The game just stops responding and won't come back, forcing me to close it or it just closes on its own and there's nothing to send any logs to.

And yeah, I recall this happening a while with AMD GPU's. But I'm running an a NVIDIA GPU with an AMD CPU.

Okay, so i tried to write this post once already...

but i had warframe open in the background...which killed my pc.

I get regulat crashes in all kinds of water missions, since they were introduced, though i think it focusses around the tileset used in the second mission of the second dream.

i till now have a 100% crash and die rate in this mission and had a friend play it for me after 5 failed attempts.

Having an AMD FX-6100 and a nvidia GTX 650...

This is happening to people with AMD GPU's (older ones before the 7xxx series it seems).

Archwing/sharkwing has always been massively buggy and RAM eating on AMD cards.

I am using AMD gpu that is 6 years old and it didn't happen...must be something else...

Can anyone who is experiencing this issue please get their EE.log and submit it with a support ticket so we can take a look?

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

http://support.warframe.com for submitting tickets.

Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the response. I have tried to, but when this happens every time the crash is so bad I have to ctrl + alt + dlt and hard close the game, meaning the warframe crash handler does not come up as usual. 

Is there a way to get the ee.log, and send it to you, without the warframe crash handler coming up (like some file path where I can find it stored locally)? I would like to help give you guys the information you need, even though I found a workaround for myself personally. 

I ended up playing the second submersible mission with a friend, who hasn't having the issue. He completed the salvage part while I stayed out of the water, and then we waited for the count down while he was at extraction, so I could progress through quest. I appreciated him doing it to get me through the bug, but I felt like such a leech. : ( 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

It's definitely a sound issue.  I saw someone post that they turned the Sound Effects volume completely down before entering the water and it worked for them.  I tried that and while it was better, it still didn't fix the problem.  What DID work for me was turning the Master Volume completely down.  I had the master volume completely off the entire mission and everything was fine.  It's a good thing I was in the mission with a friend so I could hear the story dialog from his computer.