The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] How Do You Get More Lenses?

Flareux

Question

I've put a focus lens on my volt ( and i regret it ) but i wanna know how i get more so i can give my supra one. You also need 4 for at "Greater" focus lens... 

Anyone got an idea on how to get more. Nothing in the market or sold for plat.

Edited by Flareux

So you need to collect 4 of a similar Lens to craft a Greater Lens? At least it's a long-term investment, I can take my time. 

But in any case, do we know if the Lens or the Great Lens BP are tradeable?

It seems the lenses are tradable. I see a lot of people buying them. (so logically, they're tradable)

And i still think lenses shouldn't be THIS rare...

Yea this is pretty bad what about players are still leveling there mods or, aren't up to doing sortie's yet? or maybe they dont like the sorties... there really does need to be a viable way to get what is going to be a major MAJOR part of your game.

Did they even explain this is previous dev streams? It's ridiculous how we were all blind to this feature with no proper explanation. I added the lens to my Valkyr without thinking. I assumed it worked like attachments (edo armo etc) and could be equipped to any other frame. Boy was I wrong.

Go to darksector with increased melee kill xp, pop up hysteria and you will be swimming in focus xp

Another good combo, and I wish I did this better via putting it on Paris Prime or dread, is solo spy missions with a lens on a silent weapon.

From mid level spy missions I was pulling 4.8k focus by stealth melee killing all the mobs I came across between vaults (I put my second lens on my broken War). The higher ones I pulled over 6k sometimes while still actually doing the spy missions. Considering spy missions have endless spawns, the stealth multiplier can net you some really impressive focus numbers with some time investment. That and if I put it on a bow, I could never lose my stealth multiplier :(

Yea this is pretty bad what about players are still leveling there mods or, aren't up to doing sortie's yet? or maybe they dont like the sorties... there really does need to be a viable way to get what is going to be a major MAJOR part of your game.

It's meant to be an endgame kind of thing, so if you're still levelling up mods, you're not really ready for it.

I think the idea is that you kit out your "main" things with lenses - your main weapon that you've ALREADY put 6 forma in, your "main" Warframe that's already got 4 forma in and you use most, that kind of thing.

It's progression that utilizes "wasted" affinity and channels it into your top-end stuff.

It's meant to be an endgame kind of thing, so if you're still levelling up mods, you're not really ready for it.

I think the idea is that you kit out your "main" things with lenses - your main weapon that you've ALREADY put 6 forma in, your "main" Warframe that's already got 4 forma in and you use most, that kind of thing.

It's progression that utilizes "wasted" affinity and channels it into your top-end stuff.

Yeah but... playing only with your "main kit" is LAME.

In a game that offers more than 20 warframe and 50 weapons (no idea how many exactly..), sticking to one loadout is just awful and non fun.

I love playing with my tigris, but after so many missions, i like to change. But i can't get focus for playing with another lvl 30 weapons just because i don't have another lens...

In a game that offers more than 20 warframe and 50 weapons (no idea how many exactly..), sticking to one loadout is just awful and non fun.

I love playing with my tigris, but after so many missions, i like to change. But i can't get focus for playing with another lvl 30 weapons just because i don't have another lens...

Well, it's meant to take time - it's supposed to be an endgamey type of thing, major timesink.

I guess I can understand that, and sympathize with that.

On the flip side, of my over 700hrs in game, over 25% is on excal. Every frame I play makes me miss my excal, and I always find myself coming back to him. Hence my first lens is on him. My second lens is on my melee weapon as I love to stab things. It works well in my favor.

Edited by BlueFalcon13

i cont scroll down any further.

can you show me a screenshot with the "complete list" then? maybe its just another ui bug then, i cant see the full syndicate mission table either

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401181547226987030/2B2F2F4D5379E97C5F362B0A7DDD158C17682559/

you might want to change your screen resolution to a higher setting, you should see it then.

Looking at your picture, your resolution is set funny anyway, the screen looks stretched from top to bottom, or squeezed in from the sides.

Edited by Veemaxt

The post about it being on Loki a complete waste couldn't be any more wrong. Loki with lens + me lee with lens running stealth solo sabo missions can cap thee daily focus in 12-15 min easy.

The bonus exp for stealth kills racks up absurdly fast.

From I Experimenting with Rhino, The Affinity from abilities is more than true but You get some from things like roar when used on Allies and yourself and they get kills as well because they count as ability kills apparently.

Iron Skin acually net me over 400 Focus from using it in the dead center of almost a room full of enemies and getting shot. The three seconds of Invulnerability gave me enough to get that much and it was awesome.

With Valkyr you also get the same result and you can kill as well. The counter might be Damage miltiplyer instead and you get the Affinity from the genocide but you know what I mean.

Those are some things I picked up.

I've put a focus lens on my volt ( and i regret it ) but i wanna know how i get more so i can give my supra one. You also need 4 for at "Greater" focus lens... 

Anyone got an idea on how to get more. Nothing in the market or sold for plat.

They are in the market, but only as greater lenses. So instead of getting regular lenses and building a greater, you can just start with a greater. The only way to get regulars is to run the Sorties and hope for one, or trade/buy them in trade chat from other players.

From I Experimenting with Rhino, The Affinity from abilities is more than true but You get some from things like roar

when used on Allies and yourself and they get kills as well because they count as ability kills apparently.

Iron Skin acually net me over 400 Focus from using it in the dead center of almost a room full of enemies and getting shot.

The three seconds of Invulnerability gave me enough to get that much and it was awesome.

Are you sure the Focus gains in those cases weren't simply from your Squadmates killing stuff?

Shared Affinity now also gives Focus, spread among your gear, meaning you might want a Lens on everything.