The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So On What Did You Put Your Lense And Why?

Gwenwed

Question

Warframes generate more kills, and share affinity with weapons. (Weapons don't share affinity with warframes) This is the logic behind my choice, weapons are bad atm to put lenses on.

I put mine on Ember P, I always use her. (I hope DE doesn't nerf her before I get into focus more)

Side note: I want to put a lens on my archwing for the fun of it, since it has become a fun game mode now. (Archwing Defense is boring as hell though.)

Edited by Viedra_Lavinova

The system is either buffed or bad. The only way to get Focus is by killing with the weapon of Frame that has the lens.

Sorry, but your Trinity. ..

I put in my Rakta Cernos, it kills lots, but should have put it into the Tonkor (currently levelling) because it kills even more.

The system is either buffed or bad. The only way to get Focus is by killing with the weapon of Frame that has the lens.

Sorry, but your Trinity. ..

I put in my Rakta Cernos, it kills lots, but should have put it into the Tonkor (currently levelling) because it kills even more.

Trinity is fine for focus xp generating.  Weapons are bad since it splits the affinity with the frame, unless you got two lens, one on the frame and the weapon but that would be counterproductive to getting the greater lens.  Unless they are greater lenses or different lens.

The only way to get Focus is by killing with the weapon or Frame that has the lens.

Both ability and weapon kills award affinity to Warframes. If your Warframe has a lens, you don't have to use a weapon with a lens.

Edited by Nitresco

I put my initial lens on my Mios, because it's my favorite melee weapon.

In hindsight I should have put it on a frame but since I got a second from the following sorte I guess it isn't too bad.

Just can't decide which frame to put it on.

I can't decide currently. I tend to switch frames and weapons A LOT and this new system does not favor that, at all. 

:(

Keep in mind that you are not limited to using your Focus ability while using a Warframe/Weapon with a lens. You can just put your lens on a frame that generates a lot of affinity and then just use it when you're wanting to increase that Focus.

Keep in mind that you are not limited to using your Focus ability while using a Warframe/Weapon with a lens. You can just put your lens on a frame that generates a lot of affinity and then just use it when you're wanting to increase that Focus.

True, I suppose. 

I wonder if it is a better idea then to install 4 seperate lenses on different frames/weapons rather than combine them into a more potent, single lens. 

I put mine on Synoid Simulor, figured it'd be better to put it on a strong AoE type weapon that I used a lot, so I have freedom over my warframe choice....But now I know I should have put it on Ember or Mirage.

Not sure I get why greater lenses are a thing...There's a 75k daily cap, which isn't hard to hit if you put 1 lens on a warframe and do a couple of Draco runs. And we don't even know how long it'll take to get 4 of 1 type of lens.

isn't the lense on frame only get focus from kills with his/ her skill (hydroid tentacle, ember world on fire, etc), not the kills from the weapon while using the frame?

for ice chroma user, (that kills with weapon) this concern me, anybody care to enlighten me?

isn't the lense on frame only get focus from kills with his/ her skill (hydroid tentacle, ember world on fire, etc), not the kills from the weapon while using the frame?

Same question I ask myself. I doubt it works like that, because then some frames would be almost completely unable to get any FP (Banshee or Zephyr for ex). On the other hand nukers seem to get a lot more focus than others, from what I've heard... Maybe we just need Word of God on that