The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hitching/ Stuttering After U18?

crafturtoemc

for me 2. i have a i7, 16 Gb Ram, GTX 980, SSD.

Heavy Framedrops from 140 to 25-35 yesterday on a Orokin Moon Survival against Corpus wirh 4 Players.

After the Mission i disconnected to the login screen :/. I never had this before.

I hope they will fix it!

Something else I encountered. I was in a mission, with 3 others. As expected, after a couple of minutes the lag dropped in. Got to the point where I was frozen and was expecting the usual message "connection to host lost, returning to multiplayer menu", but this time it was different. The other 3 dropped out and I was alone and the lag spikes went away and I could play as normal again. Maybe I was the host and the other 3 got the message.

Specs:

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.2 GHz

Corsair Vengeance LP 8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI @ 1019 MHz (stock core clock)/1215 MHz (max core clock)
Samsung 840 PRO 128 GB SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB SSD (storage drive 1)
WD Caviar Black 1 TB HDD (storage drive 2)
Corsair GS 800 PSU

Performance has been utterly abysmal after U18, especially on Void tile-sets. It goes from 60 FPS with stuttering/hitching to 20-30 FPS with stuttering/hitching after 30-40 minutes. Memory leak, perhaps?

Edited by MrPlankton

Since u18 been getting massive fps drops after playing in a mission for even just 10 mins.

Been asking around and a couple 100 other ppl having the issue as well to its not a broken part issue. Asked my tech savvy friends and they think it's most likely the client as no other games have this issue through my comp.

Every hot fix hasn't done a thing since update, fps drop still happening and yes iv done just about every fix that would typically fix the issue including full reinstalls and so has everybody that iv asked. Using a lower end pc but this has NEVER beens so bad, I was always able to maintain a constant 40.

There's nothing that backs up the idea that this is a memory leak. In fact I believe it now to be a CPU bound issue, rather than anything else suggested so far. I switched from an AMD Fx 8120 to an i7 4790k today, and swapped motherboard with it, all of my other components remained the same, yet my stuttering issue has been solved. Obviously this is not a solution for everyone, but I already had the parts on the way and figured I would try before and after, and swapping hardware definitely fixed it.

Hey guys one final update from me, I was able to totally solve my stuttering issues today but the fix is radical and obviously not the final solution. I swapped to a new CPU. I've changed from an AMD FX 8120 to an i7 4790k and swapped motherboards as well. Every other component in the computer has stayed the same, yet my stuttering has completely disappeared and I can now play the game freely. I hope the information I was able to provide in my ticket earlier this week is able to help pinpoint the issue and get it solved, good luck everyone.

yeah i have the same issue with my gear too.

I7 2.40GHz

16go ram

windows 8. 64 bit

NVdia GeForce GTX 680M

Before U-18 i had everything at max but now i play on super potato mode to get a constend 60 fps+.

(You should lower everything a take every special effect out, its ugly but until they fix the performence issue we can't do S#&$)

jska5i.jpg

So yea...20 FPS is fun to play with. And before this SS it was 10...And this is at the end of the MD mission so enemies have stopped spawning as frequently. This lag is all determined by time not anything else :|

Edited by rawr1254

I have been having massive frame rate drops, and I have noticed it happens more often when I am using weapons like soma prime, other weapons like the dread don't seem to have the issue, or it is just to much less of a degree.  But, that is in addition to some already annoying staggering/hanging/freezing and lower than normal FPS at times.  I notice it even more after the game has been running for a bit.  Not after being in a single mission for the overall time the client has been running.  I have had to restart the client many many times over the last few days because of this. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Same with me.

If i play solo i have no problems, but when joing multiplayer my game starts to have big frame drops goes from 60 FPS to 1 in a rate that just increases with time, untill it becomes unplayable. I really would like to make those new alerts with high lvl enemyes, but every mission that requires me to participate on a squad, becomes an unplayable slideshow.

Since u18 been getting massive fps drops after playing in a mission for even just 10 mins.

It does not look like you have submitted a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log. It would be extremely helpful if you could send one our way immediately after you experience poor performance in Warframe. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/570364-hitching-stuttering-after-u18/?p=6489705

For everyone who is having FPS problems that progressively get worse as a mission goes on, especially with 4 people, I'm 99% sure I have your fix.  As someone who has a top of the line computer, this was especially frustrating but here's how I fixed my problem:

-Right click Warframe in your steam library and press "Properties"

-Go to the Local Files tab.

-Press "Verify integrity of game cache" and let it do its thing.

For me, I found 191 corrupt files and redownloaded almost the entirety of the game(7.5gb), along with 400mb when opening the launcher.

Perhaps this is the same thing as just fresh reinstalling(as some people have had success with apparently), but it's something I'd just like to share.

***JUST A HEADS UP*** Steam will always find missing files when verifying the cache through steam because what you download through steam is basically everything before the updates through the launcher(someone said it puts you at U8, but that doesn't sound accurate, since U18 alone is over a gb, and I only downloaded an additional 400mb from the launcher after verifying the cache), BUT, this is no where near the 191 files I found missing.

Uh, never try to verify the game files from Steam. The reason?

The answer is because Warframe has its own CDN (Content Delivery Network) for delivering latest updates instead using Steam's, so DE can push an update faster. DE only let Steam hosts the last major update version, so when you verify using Steam, it will only match the files to an outdated version (and triggering file mismatch), thus prompting a total re-download.

If you want to verify your files, always, and I mean ALWAYS do it from the game's own launcher.

Oh, and for backing up and restoring WF :

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Rxl-noir/Methods_For_Backup,_Restoring_And_Converting_Warframe_%28Steam_And_Standalone_Version%29

Have not noticed anything odd yet, on the contrary.

My Warframe experience is currently more smooth than ever before, the frame drops in groups are a LOT less intense, I can maintain 120 fps in many more situations than I did before U18, and in groups it never drops below 65-70 fps. Overall performance in the Void has also increased by miles - the old drops to 35-40 fps are completely gone now.

Since U18 I have also played longer sessions and longer missions and nothing points to a memory leak of any kind on my end. Of course every config is different, but yea. 12 waves of T4I yesterday, 120 fps at start of mission, 109 fps average across the whole run and minimum fps of 78, no stutters worth mentioning.

Config;
i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz

GTX 770

8GB DDR3

Warframe runs off my Samsung 830 SSD.

Edited by V4YR4

I have had perfect performance up until U18 but now I get progressively worsening hitches every five seconds, on top of that the game starts breaking the longer the hitches get.

I ploughed through 60 minutes of survival (to see how bad it would get) and after 40 minutes the hitches were over 1 second and weird stuff started happening (immune to CC, can't melee, can't roll). At around 60 minutes the hitches were over 2 seconds and happened every 5 seconds at which point the game was absolutely unplayable.

During my run I monitored my system temperatures, GPU/CPU loads, memory use, nothing was out of the ordinary (except that during the hitches cpu&gpu load dropped occasionally). Support asked me to perform a clean install of my GPU drivers but that didn't help either. I have also tried verifying the game files through the launcher.

Hope this helps...

Hi everyone,

Can you make sure that you have no background applications running the next time you play Warframe? This includes Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Netflix, iTunes, Skype, Fraps, or anything else that you may normally run while playing games. This is by no means a permanent solution, we are just trying to rule out the possibility of this issue being caused by other software.

Also, check to make sure that you are running the latest versions of Nvidia or AMD GPU drivers. This is crucial as there have been quite a few driver updates recently and we would like to rule those out as well.

And finally, can you please let us know if you are running in Fullscreen, Windowed, or Borderless Fullscreen mode? Has changing display modes had any impact on your performance?

Thanks a lot.

I have not been able to submit a ticket at all. I have this lag issue after wave 20 in any void defense. I also have a separate issue I want to get resolved as well but I have been waiting for over 3 weeks now and close to a month because whenever I tried to submit a ticket no matter what time or timezone I check(yes I have checked during "Warframe support is open 9AM-6PM Monday to Friday") I'm CST so it's only one hour ahead of me.

warframe support it says this:

Warframe Support is currently under heavy load. Please expect longer than usual processing times while we work through the backlog.

otherwise thanks  for reading my post or looking at my concerns^^

Hi everyone,

Can you make sure that you have no background applications running the next time you play Warframe? This includes Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Netflix, iTunes, Skype, Fraps, or anything else that you may normally run while playing games. This is by no means a permanent solution, we are just trying to rule out the possibility of this issue being caused by other software.

Also, check to make sure that you are running the latest versions of Nvidia or AMD GPU drivers. This is crucial as there have been quite a few driver updates recently and we would like to rule those out as well.

And finally, can you please let us know if you are running in Fullscreen, Windowed, or Borderless Fullscreen mode? Has changing display modes had any impact on your performance?

Thanks a lot.

I play at fullscreen only, as for the rest above, doesn't apply to me (besides the steam overlay).

Edited by JoseSnake