The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hitching/ Stuttering After U18?

crafturtoemc

Same here. I did a T3 Defense and my FPS dropped from the usual 50 down to 17 as the mission progressed. I felt like I was playing perpetually worse lag.

Also, enabling/disabling v-sync didn't seem to help, and neither did lowering/turning off graphics and resolution.

Also, enabling/disabling v-sync didn't seem to help, and neither did lowering/turning off graphics and resolution.

Yea thats what gets me. lowering stuff and disabling stuff should DO something even if its only 5-10 fps but it does literally nothing.

Haven't played today yet, but I'm reporting that last night immediately after 18.0.06:-

The FIRST Public mission I did went smoothly - everything was perfect.  I was elated!

In the very next Public mission I did, the hitching was back.

Boy was I bummed :)

Hi everyone,

We believe we may have a strong lead on what is causing these unplayable hitches to occur and we are working closely with a few of our community players to help us address it. We hope to have a hotfix ready for you all very soon. 

Sounds good to me :) 

Same here. Solo missions fine, Multiplayer mission hell. Everything start good but turn out in to freeze madness. It gets progressively worse and worse. It usually ended with me lost host connection. Gpu usage at mission start 50- half mission done 20% (start stutter) 0% gpu usage-stutter and lost connection. DX 11, 10 64 bit 32 bit, verify chace, re instal..nothing help.

Edited by JustSneaky

Hi everyone,

We believe we may have a strong lead on what is causing these unplayable hitches to occur and we are working closely with a few of our community players to help us address it. We hope to have a hotfix ready for you all very soon. 

Glad to hear it! 

Just out of interest, and of course only if you have a minute to spare to do so, would you mind just briefly explaining in computer literate layman's terms, what the problem was, once it's fixed?  TIA

its been over a week already and i wanna play so bad T_T most i can do before it gets bad is easy sorties, fps drop comes way to fast to do a defense, or interception and even if those arnt on the docket i still gotta restart inbetween each mission. having the same symptoms as everybody else for the most part.

With this morning's hotfix 18.0.7 we have made some changes to the way the engine handles voice chat in an attempt to create a workaround for the stuttering issue. While you should not experience any differences when voice chat is enabled, we are hoping that turning it off will prevent the hitches from occurring.

So the next time you start up Warframe can you please open your audio settings and set your Voice Chat to "Off".

Once you have done this, proceed to play through a few multiplayer matches like you normally would.

We are very interested to know if this has any impact on the hitches.

Please keep in mind that this is by no means a permanent solution. Our goal at the moment is to provide a temporary workaround while we continue to address the core issue. 

Thanks!

@Dimitri

Thanks for the update, i just give it a try.

First i enabled the Voice chat and enter Conclave match, the Hitching / Stutter still there

And i disabled the VC while in match, and the Stutter greatly reduce ... [ the stutter still there but very tiny ]

And i'm using Warframe Steam version

The Strange part is :

- The stutter only exist on multiplayer gameplay, not in solo or while walking around liset

- i got no performance problem at all while using the Standalone version

i had switched to the Standalone version since the first day of U18 because of this performance issue

Well anyways, personally i'm prefer play through Steam so i hope you guys can solve this :D

Edited by RAFTOX

With this morning's hotfix 18.0.7 we have made some changes to the way the engine handles voice chat in an attempt to create a workaround for the stuttering issue. While you should not experience any differences when voice chat is enabled, we are hoping that turning it off will prevent the hitches from occurring.

So the next time you start up Warframe can you please open your audio settings and set your Voice Chat to "Off".

Once you have done this, proceed to play through a few multiplayer matches like you normally would.

We are very interested to know if this has any impact on the hitches.

Please keep in mind that this is by no means a permanent solution. Our goal at the moment is to provide a temporary workaround while we continue to address the core issue. 

Thanks!

AMD 6950

CPU Phenom 965 4.2 Ghz

RAM DDR3 8GB

DX 11 64 bit

TESTED ON NEWEST DAILY MISSIONS-DEFENSE 50-60

Looks like disabling Voice chat really fix stuttering. What grind my gear is GPU usage and frame rate impact on it, I think this is not what GPU usage should looks like in mission, meanwhile you reaching 15 fps.

04Yr0uA.jpg

Edited by JustSneaky