The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hitching/ Stuttering After U18?

crafturtoemc

I just tested turning off the Voice Chat too (Enable Voice option) and played my first mission in U18 stutter free. I turned it back on to confirm and surely enough the stutter came back. I aborted the mission and turned the voice chat back off, and the lag spike dissapeared without having to restart warframe. Another quick mission confirmed, this "work around2 has worked for me so far.

Thanks guys.

Oh, an I have quite a low spec PC ,, but its running great again now::

Intel core2duo 8400

8gb Ram

Radeon HD 7890

Running on DX11 64 bit

Win10

With this morning's hotfix 18.0.7 we have made some changes to the way the engine handles voice chat in an attempt to create a workaround for the stuttering issue. While you should not experience any differences when voice chat is enabled, we are hoping that turning it off will prevent the hitches from occurring.

So the next time you start up Warframe can you please open your audio settings and set your Voice Chat to "Off".

Once you have done this, proceed to play through a few multiplayer matches like you normally would.

We are very interested to know if this has any impact on the hitches.

Please keep in mind that this is by no means a permanent solution. Our goal at the moment is to provide a temporary workaround while we continue to address the core issue. 

Thanks!

Yup,this works perfectly for me, no progressively worse hitching and stuttering in Public play, all smooth.

Thank you thank you thank you!  I can now get on with the tac alerts :)))

Im still getting all the lag. Turned off the mic when the stuttering started. And it stayed the same. Also unlike pre-fix now it only takes 5 minutes instead of 10 minutes for the lag to start...

34qwm4w.jpg

Probably cant see it well but it says 11 FPS...

Edited by rawr1254

As of the latest hotfix my hitching problem is gone, and I can use voice chat as normal. I'm going to keep playing for a while to make sure, but it seems very promising up to this point.

We believe that this update should show a significant improvement in regards to the unplayable hitches. If everyone could please try playing multiplayer with voice chat enabled you should no longer experience this issue.

If by chance you do still experience hitches then be sure to let us know either in this thread or via. a support ticket. 

Im still getting all the lag. Turned off the mic when the stuttering started. And it stayed the same. Also unlike pre-fix now it only takes 5 minutes instead of 10 minutes for the lag to start...

Can you please update your support ticket with a new copy of your EE.log taken from today's hotfix?

Thanks a lot.

Can you please update your support ticket with a new copy of your EE.log taken from today's hotfix?

Thanks a lot.

I sent in my new EE log and I'd like to also add that the 10 FPS was ONLY seen in the sortie as I was playing Saryn. I know Saryns spores are causing tons of FPS lag as of now as well so idk if it was her or not. I later was playing in T2S for 20 minutes with a steady 30 FPS. This is still significantly lower than pre U18. When I turned off the mic the most I was was 3-5 FPS gained which isn't enough for enjoyable gameplay.

I sent in my new EE log and I'd like to also add that the 10 FPS was ONLY seen in the sortie as I was playing Saryn. I know Saryns spores are causing tons of FPS lag as of now as well so idk if it was her or not. I later was playing in T2S for 20 minutes with a steady 30 FPS. This is still significantly lower than pre U18. When I turned off the mic the most I was was 3-5 FPS gained which isn't enough for enjoyable gameplay.

Oh yes, we are aware of the issues with Saryn's spores and we are working to have them resolved as we speak. In the meantime I would avoid including her in any test scenarios for now, that includes playing as her as well as playing with other players who are using her. 

We believe that this update should show a significant improvement in regards to the unplayable hitches. If everyone could please try playing multiplayer with voice chat enabled you should no longer experience this issue.

All good now with voice back on here after 18.0.08. Thanks for all your hard work!

I had this terrible stuttering bug thats persisted over the last few updates but was finally able to solve it on my system. The game was beyond unplayable on an already dated video card. It was maily the last update to the game that did it (for me). After much reading I saw that this has been an issue for some time.

I'm not going to tell you this will solve it but its worth trying if you have the issue.
I used the Guru3d's utility Display Driver Uninstaller. Then after roboot put the newest nvidia driver and it works how it did before the last release!
I think the key here is to always do an ultra clean driver update.

34qwm4w.jpg

Probably cant see it well but it says 11 FPS...

More importantly, and this is something I have been trying to get through to people,, it's not a FPS problem, its a lag problem. 

Your lag is near to 100ms, THIS is bringing the fps down.

On that note, what ever was changed, fixed my problems. 

The "workaround" with turning the voice chat off worked, and this morning, I turned it back on and everything is fine for me now.

If there is more stuttering and lagging, no idea where its coming from and wish DE the best of luck finding it ... top guys !!

Veemaxt

More importantly, and this is something I have been trying to get through to people,, it's not a FPS problem, its a lag problem. 

Your lag is near to 100ms, THIS is bringing the fps down.

On that note, what ever was changed, fixed my problems. 

The "workaround" with turning the voice chat off worked, and this morning, I turned it back on and everything is fine for me now.

If there is more stuttering and lagging, no idea where its coming from and wish DE the best of luck finding it ... top guys !!

Veemaxt

Ping =/= FPS

Glad I found this thread.  Since the most recent update I have been experiencing this also.  Run normally and then slow way down and fast then slow, rinse and repeat.  I have updated video driver, but still the same "pulsing" in my movement.

Start a CS ticket and find the EE.log (?) to send them?  Thanks any and all who can help.  Kinda puts a crimp on such a nice weekend event.....

Glad I found this thread.  Since the most recent update I have been experiencing this also.  Run normally and then slow way down and fast then slow, rinse and repeat.  I have updated video driver, but still the same "pulsing" in my movement.

Start a CS ticket and find the EE.log (?) to send them?  Thanks any and all who can help.  Kinda puts a crimp on such a nice weekend event.....

same here. been having the same issue since the latest hotfix, and i had a problem when i tried to use item (key binding Q). this is not the 1st time i'm having this issue. kinda annoying when get stuttering while moving. hope DE can fix this ASAP. Thanks. :)

Ping =/= FPS ?

Although the one may affect the other, ping is technically completely seperate from fps ... 

dont want to bore with deatils, and doesn't belong here so wont go into it. 

I also don't want to go offtopic and bore you with the details behind the symbol =/=

Ping doesn't affect FPS whatsoever.

Edited by JoseSnake

still getting the glitch, tried the what has been put on the forum by everyone but my game just turns to cancer

In their last stream of the year they've stated that the warframe servers, network, bandwidth etc has been maxed out. It's probably good to wait until they get their system sorted, keep it optimistic eventually it will be fixed. 

In their last stream of the year they've stated that the warframe servers, network, bandwidth etc has been maxed out. It's probably good to wait until they get their system sorted, keep it optimistic eventually it will be fixed. 

Weird though. You'd think if it was a bandwidth problem it'd either affect everybody or affect a person until someone else logs off or something. I mean I could play the game when the least amount of people are on and I still get the lag.