Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie 15(Yes, 15 Too) Wave Defense Is Pointless(Same For Other Endless Missions Twice As Long As The Alert Versions Such As 1200 Cryptic)

Sorise

All it does is prolong the wait to get to higher difficulty waves. The first 10 waves aren't that exciting. Suggest making it short n sweat and hard as hell. 5-10 Waves(randomized) Extremely hard.

Don't see why devs don't get that working long up to a greater difficulty in endless missions in any game is boring. Takes way too long. There needs to be a shortcut.

No need to prolong the wait for difficulty, make it difficult from the get go. This is Sortie endgame defense after all and 10 extra waves don't do anything but make the player sleep through 10 waves waiting for the difficult content.

Things get pretty hectic on Draco pretty fast, should be the same here.

So sort n sweet extremely difficult Sortie endless Sortie missions.

The other Sortie missions could use a better difficulty curve as well.

What's the point in having 15 boring waves when you can have 10 or less exciting and far more difficult waves? You call this endgame? More like rubbish.

Need to give warframes a need to use their overpowered builds.

Edited by Sorise

The thing with defenses is, the higher the level, the longer it will take. Even if you ramp up enemy levels, all it will do is just make it take longer than it would if they where lower levels. So the only real difference between low and high level defense is the amount of time, partly why I don't like defense missions.

That being said I think 20 is to long and would be fine with 15 waves instead of the long, and quite frankly boring 20 waves. Enemy pathing does not help either.

Edited by nickelshark

Well, defense needs a revamp anyway.

It's slow, clunky and boring as reward distribution is slow.

Same with survival.

This game does so many things different from other games, yet Defense and Survival are still the same as other games. Long, slow and boring.

Yeah I agree with this undoubtedly. The 20 waves are just a trudge through the mire of boring; nothing really challenging, just a horridly long wait. Making them 10 waves of difficult enemies would be nice. I don't mind the difficulty curve over all, the corpus one seemed good all except for the long-as-hell defense mission. Over all I like how the sorties are, just the dragging it out with the long endless missions stinks a bit.

The thing with defenses is, the higher the level, the longer it will take. Even if you ramp up enemy levels, all it will do is just make it take longer than it would if they where lower levels. So the only real difference between low and high level defense is the amount of time, partly why I don't like defense missions.

That being said I think 20 is to long and would be fine with 15 waves instead of the long, and quite frankly boring 20 waves. Enemy pathing does not help either.

That's why you gotta run that sweet 4x CP Trinity + double Equinox. 

In all seriousness ya it takes too damn long without a all in cheese squad.

Yeah I agree with this undoubtedly. The 20 waves are just a trudge through the mire of boring; nothing really challenging, just a horridly long wait. Making them 10 waves of difficult enemies would be nice. I don't mind the difficulty curve over all, the corpus one seemed good all except for the long-as-hell defense mission. Over all I like how the sorties are, just the dragging it out with the long endless missions stinks a bit.

Yeah definitely not difficult. Just plain dragged out and boring.

Well, the fact that I was solo doesn't make it any faster either :P

Plus I had to do it twice due to a bug XD Kill me now!

Edited by nickelshark

That's actually quite disappointing when a game turns into a chore you must do this crap to get through w/o falling asleep.

I brought this up in the megathread about an hour ago.

The missions are absolutely, horrifyingly tedious and boring; and that in itself would be bad enough without the players having to deal with the possibility of lagging out or crashing two thirds of the way through. Hopefully something gets done about this.

Also the enemy lvl doesn't increase through waves. What's the point of doing wave 1 20 times?

In the missions that I've done, the enemy levels increased from lower 80s to nearly 110 by Wave 20 (along with the ratio of Eximus to regular units increasing by a crapton throughout the mission). It was definitely very noticeable; I'm not sure what's happening on your end.

Yup.. I found the mission is boring to do too.

Especially if you playing it safe.  My team has slow nova, chaos nyx, frost and blinding mirage turned the mission into a snore-fest.

Best part is when you're fighting Infested and you can just happily sit on a spot out of reach.

During yesterday's Stage 3 Infested Defense on that Phobos tile, I spend a good amount of the mission just perching on a zipline and spamming explosives, only coming down to retrieve ammo or to Blind enemies if things happened to get hairy.

I wanted to claw my eyes out by the end of that mission. The only "difficulty" in that hour-long snorefest of a run was resisting the urge to quit the mission and do something less boring (e.g. literally anything else).

Edited by SortaRandom

Yup.. I found the mission is boring to do too.

Especially if you playing it safe.  My team has slow nova, chaos nyx, frost and blinding mirage turned the mission into a snore-fest.

Slow Nova is RARELY needed. All she does(most cases) is slow the fight to a crawl).

Best part is when you're fighting Infested and you can just happily sit on a spot out of reach.

During yesterday's Stage 3 Infested Defense on that Phobos tile, I spend a good amount of the mission just perching on a zipline and spamming explosives, only coming down to retrieve ammo or to Blind enemies if things happened to get hairy.

I wanted to claw my eyes out by the end of that mission. The only "difficulty" in that hour-long snorefest of a run was resisting the urge to quit the mission and do something less boring (e.g. literally anything else).

Infested need to be able to climb walls and ceilings / zip lines. But that might require an AI that is slightly not-stupid.