Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Getting Over The...

Mordad

I don't understand why people have such a bad problem with their characyer being a kid... In physical way only.

Physically yes they're like 15 or something but then think of bigger picture.

The battles we fought, the martial arts we use, how many enemies have we killed.

Then think of the fact that someone was supposed to teach those kids. Guys like Teshin.

These kids went through hardcore futuristic military training and did nothing but fought ever since.

We don't even know if their physical appearance actually represents their age. Unlikely, considering everything.

So yeah. Time to go full anime, my brothers.

Inb4 cute animu costumes. Unlikely, ofc, but hey, if this will be a thing i will have a good laugh

We're no longer a badass warrior ninja, 

There never were warrior ninjas in this game so I guess that was leverage for fooling around with the lore and theme. BUT with Warframes being controlled from the outside (And by kids) pretty much took away all the threat and suspense that the game would've had you believed otherwise... which means, every game trailer ever made had lost its meaning. It's as if DE's Warframe had pulled a Bioware's Mass Effect 3. Though I'm curious to see where we go from here.

I don't understand why people have such a bad problem with their characyer being a kid... In physical way only.

Physically yes they're like 15 or something but then think of bigger picture.

The battles we fought, the martial arts we use, how many enemies have we killed.

Then think of the fact that someone was supposed to teach those kids. Guys like Teshin.

These kids went through hardcore futuristic military training and did nothing but fought ever since.

We don't even know if their physical appearance actually represents their age. Unlikely, considering everything.

So yeah. Time to go full anime, my brothers.

Inb4 cute animu costumes. Unlikely, ofc, but hey, if this will be a thing i will have a good laugh

The physical representation is not the problem. The problem is that all dialogue choices and all transmissions make it painfully clear they lack both competence and maturity. 

They lack the only thing experience can give you. And as such they are not only children in physical form but also in mind. 

The physical representation is not the problem. The problem is that all dialogue choices and all transmissions make it painfully clear they lack both competence and maturity. 

They lack the only thing experience can give you. And as such they are not only children in physical form but also in mind. 

That might be due to DE not having enough time to implement them as fully as they should as U18 seemed quite rushed at end (look at focus). I would expect to get it polished and expanded in future.

Yeah, as icewindlord says, it's a bit harsh to hold up DE to the standard of those responses being lore though.  They do seem to be rushed, and essentially a bit of a mistake (especially given that, in their psychological childishness, they somewhat counter what the lore would logically lead you to expect, i.e. that Tenno are psychologically mature in many ways and have lived quite a long time).

DE are obviously trying to keep the lore as open as possible, however, so as many different kinds and ages of players can find something to latch onto.  The "kiddy responses" are going to be fine for our younger friends.  But DE probably should have left them out, given the amount of "do not want" and confusion they've introduced - or had some more psychologically mature kinds of comments as an option.

As it's WIP I'm sure it will all be filled out eventually.

There never were warrior ninjas in this game so I guess that was leverage for fooling around with the lore and theme. BUT with Warframes being controlled from the outside (And by kids) pretty much took away all the threat and suspense that the game would've had you believed otherwise... which means, every game trailer ever made had lost its meaning. It's as if DE's Warframe had pulled a Bioware's Mass Effect 3. Though I'm curious to see where we go from here.

Mass effect 3 invalidated choices you made playing as shepherd. The only thing that is invalidated here is your headcanon.

Many complains about mass effects 3 ending also steamed from the fact that people hated the star child itself and the presentation of it.

Not only because it made your choices as shepard null and void.

Well, the ending to the whole epic saga was just a textbook deus ex machina.

I really don't see any similarities to WF there.

Well when I say "ninja" I just really meant "badass in combat doin' flips and ship" (the whole "like a ninja" sort of them), at least when I use it in reference to Warframe... But other than that, yeah, I agree - maybe not so far as ME3's ending, because at least this STILL was pretty awesome beginning to end - but... yeah, it just doesn't sit right with me.

I don't even know who "they" are talking to but the cringe is so real i had to take break at times, especially if they keep repeating this horrendously childish stupid USELESS bullcrap

they way they are talking to "us" (it seems) makes this game feel like its made for 10 year old kids and is a HUGE turnoff to wanna play this "adult" game

Well, the ending to the whole epic saga was just a textbook deus ex machina.

I really don't see any similarities to WF there.

Many are fine with the lore but not the presentation of the moon child aka the tenno.

Others are fine with the visual presentation but find the dialogue choices in the quest as well as the transmissions off putting enough that they have lost all connection to the game.

So there is plenty of similarities between Mass effect 3 and WF.

I found it extremely banal and cant stand such stupidity being spewed at me from that tenno so i muted the transmissions the first time i heard one line from them.

I have no need for that npc and since it only function as a GUI point to access the focus system it holds zero value for me in game. 

I dont use the focus system at all and as such its just a tacked on function of u18 that i will never use.

most of the operator and focus system are still wip they'll probably fix them or tweak them to be less "cliche" for you guys.

so you're gonna pass up those juicy passives in the different Focus Schools?

Later in the line you'll have to use the abilities though undoubtedly they'll squeeze it into a plot related quest or other stuff...

most of the operator and focus system are still wip they'll probably fix them or tweak them to be less "cliche" for you guys.

Later in the line you'll have to use the abilities though undoubtedly they'll squeeze it into a plot related quest or other stuff...

Passives are really nice but i HATE waiting for it to fully charge in order to use them. That is S#&$e. By the time it is fully charged, I have completed around 2 out of 3 spay caches. It kills the pacing.

But Quotes like this:

"They'll have plenty of Robotics. Corpus never fight for themselves."

Seems weird yes, unless you remember tibits of info.

Neptunes Planet information:

"Home of the Corpus and site of their indoctrination temples. Warframe and Robotics R&D hidden here."

Remembering that tibit of info i understand why my Operator would say that. If you are brainwashed, you dont fight for yourself cause you aren't yourself to begin with.

And next:

"Archwing deployed!"

In spy mission.

Gets fixed I hope.

Currently there are no juicy passives in any school in my opinion. Hence why i said that i do not care about focus at the moment.

Many are fine with the lore but not the presentation of the moon child aka the tenno.

Others are fine with the visual presentation but find the dialogue choices in the quest as well as the transmissions off putting enough that they have lost all connection to the game.

I still don't see any apart from "some like it and some hate it or parts of it".

The ME3 thing was an ending to a very specific story, there was no room for headcanons. This one is pretty much the beginning of concrete lore in the game.

I really don't see it. Most of the complaints about ME3 that I saw were that it completely ignored both the player's choices and the previous lore. In the case of Warframe, there aren't really that many player choices to be ignored, so I'm not sure that applies; and the lore has been really consistent. We didn't have the context to understand it, but the clues were there all along.

It's awkward to have a kid be a space ninja. Like a soldier in cod turning out to be a six year old with a bad mic. I don't hate it, but in general having children in dark stuff makes it awkward. I mean, Thor didn't act like a twelve year old when he was one, he was talking about reking frost giants with a hammer.

It's awkward to have a kid be a space ninja. Like a soldier in cod turning out to be a six year old with a bad mic. I don't hate it, but in general having children in dark stuff makes it awkward. I mean, Thor didn't act like a twelve year old when he was one, he was talking about reking frost giants with a hammer.

There's two aspects to it though, there's the story and the in-game VO.

The story all hangs together, and in the story, although they still have young bodies because they've been in pods and stasis for long periods, they're not "kids" mentally, they're old, experienced people who have "seen things" (so to speak) and experienced a whole lifetime, and co-created a whole "honour"-based, ninja-like culture of their own, as warframes

And that even extends to the cutscenes, which give you a range of voices and a range of dialogue choices, in as neutral a sense as possible so you have a reasonable chance of projecting whatever character you've always been, into the Tenno (although of course the options can't possibly be completely comprehensive, and some players have felt left out in that sense).

So that side of it is fine, and I think to that extent, some of the naysayers might have just about hung on to their immersion through the revelations.  The straw that broke the camel's back, I think, and the really big mistake DE made with the update, was having the in-game Tenno VO be psychologically immature, inexperienced (e.g. as if they were only encountering Corpus, etc., for the first time, and weren't quite sure about them, etc.,etc.), and a tad overenthusiastic in a teeny way.

On that score, I totally agree with the naysayers and have the in-game Tenno switched off, because it jars with a) the cutscene dialogue and b) the character of the Tenno I've been playing all along. 

I mean, I've been able to make the visual representation of my Tenno character look a bit like the character that I've been roleplaying (in the sense of visually expressing that character), and while ofc more options would be great, to that extent it's ok.  But the in-game VO was just too out of sync with both my character (the character I've been playing all along) and with the game's own lore (in the sense that the game's lore actually demands a more mature personality, as per the cutscenes).

The "child soldier" thing is of course meant to elicit our sympathy, and give a rationale to both Margulis' and the Lotus' love and personal redemption (as well as be attractive to lots of young Chinese players ofc :) ).  But that's sympathy for what happened to the Tenno when they literally were children, and sympathy for the situation that's been forced on them (their accident, their trouble, the fact they killed people they loved and people they didn't want to kill because they couldn't control their powers, the way they were used and abused) and that they're in now.  But one can have sympathy for one's character in that sense, and still not feel any pressure to roleplay a psychologically immature or actually "rookie" sort of person. 

And for some, I think, the in-game VO did feel like pressure in that direction and they rightfully rejected that - but I think in the course of it, they may have thrown the baby (ha ha) out with the bathwater and viscerally rejected the whole revelation, when really, they didn't need to.

Just a mistake by DE really.

Edited by Omnimorph