Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mega Spoilers] To Those Who Dislike Being ...

Omnimorph

If they are all that familiar why is orbiter still existing/not captured? Why lander is able to stealth in to drop frames to missions?

Regardless of our Tenno, they should had some priority in shooting orbiter down/capturing it. So if they haven't done it yet there should be reason why that hasn't happened. Considering several character obsession with Tenno it can't be that they just can't be bothered.

Same reason for why Liset didn't used to be a thing. DE didn't implement this threat yet.

No, it wouldn't have been merciful to leave the Tenno there. How would you feel if someone close to you had knowledge of someone on the verge of murdering you but, chose to keep it secret and just letting you think you're safe? The Tenno were awoken because they were in danger, not to say they are slaves.

You're twisting a lot of the lore and meaning to fit your opinion as if it was a fact. There is essentially an answer for everything. The gravity of a Warframe's death is still present because it's transference, not remote-control piloting.

trans·fer
verb

transˈfər,ˈtransfər/
  1. 1.
    move from one place to another.
    "he would have to transfer money to his own account"

2. 2.
    change to another place, route, or means of transportation during a journey.
    "John advised him to transfer from Rome airport to the railroad station"

trans·fer·ence
transˈfərəns,ˈtransfərəns/
noun

1. the action of transferring something or the process of being transferred.
    "education involves the transference of knowledge"
    • PSYCHOANALYSIS
      the redirection to a substitute, usually a therapist, of emotions that were originally felt in childhood (in a phase of analysis called transference neurosis ).

Based on the definition and dialog from the Operator, they are putting their consciousness and essence into another body. When you die or get downed(?), the Tenno will say lines about it hurting in a pained voice. The Tenno literally feel everything while inhabiting the Warframe. That Mirage felt herself being crashed onto and being disintegrated, Limbo felt his body being blown/ripped apart, and Excalibur felt his body being severed on display.

My conclusion based on this information is that the Tenno can die if the Warframe is destroyed completely or decapitated while their real bodies were dreaming. Why? because that is the only body they have because it's the only one they are aware of. If these dead Tenno had several Warframes, i'd say their consciousness could be transferred to another surrogate body.

Our Tenno have the benefit of being awake, so they know their Warframe is a surrogate. They can snap back to their real awakened body instead of experiencing death.

And then we remember Oro, the Conclave where Tenno kill each other as a hobby, and you know, the whole point of this quest in the first place because cutting off Warframe heads doesn't stop them from reviving.

And then we remember Oro, the Conclave where Tenno kill each other as a hobby, and you know, the whole point of this quest in the first place because cutting off Warframe heads doesn't stop them from reviving.

Yeah cause Conclave battles are real life and death battles. I'm going to assume you never heard of mock/practice battles. The Oro probably represents the 4 revives we have per mission and the glowing cores the Sentients drop. The whole point of the quest is to save your real body since destroying our several surrogates isn't going to kill us permanently. The conclusion in my previous post should have made it very clear.

Kaleen Margulis, or Margulis Kaleen (whichever way round it should be) was definitely hurt by the Tenno (blinded wasn't it?) because they couldn't control their abilities - but she soldiered on trying to find a way to help them.

I think the most tragic thing is the way that they killed everyone on the Zariman, including their parents, and mostly probably by accident.  (Although in the "fight" response, we see differences of opinion among the Tenno, with some enjoying their new found power as a way to hurt others; and then with the "they treated us like rats" statement, we see evidence of some kind of organized opposition from the crew.)

You could probably have a whole story, drama and game based on what happened on the Zariman for those years.  It really reminds me of a cross between Lord of the Flies and BioShock - different "factions" and superpowers flying around with none of them knowing how to control them.  Quite a horrorshow it must have been.

Can we stop talking like the're the same person until we actually have that confirmed?

Yeah cause Conclave battles are real life and death battles. I'm going to assume you never heard of mock/practice battles. The Oro probably represents the 4 revives we have per mission and the glowing cores the Sentients drop. The whole point of the quest is to save your real body since destroying our several surrogates isn't going to kill us permanently. The conclusion in my previous post should have made it very clear.

And you don't see the problem with that? You don't see that by DE effectively making "Mission Failure" canon in their universe they've, ironically, removed ALL meaning from it? From "Tenno" deaths?

The Tenno CAN'T be killed through their Warframes. THAT much, as Uriel said, was made CLEAR in the VERY START of the quest - dreaming or not. You can try and ignore that fact but it still remains - awake or asleep, the destruction of a Warframe means NOTHING, and thus the only way Tenno have been dying means NOTHING, which in turn makes EVERY moment in the game where we're supposed to "save our fellow Tenno, save ourselves from the enemy" POINTLESS.

+1

Even though I don't even think that people have to accept the path the story takes.

Dear Rpg'ers, artists, writers..... This is what we have headcanons and AU for.

You wrote about your Tenno Oc as - for example- a human inside the warframe? What keeps you from continuing to do so?

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned canon is king. Sure, you can do that, but it means absolutely nothing and immediately falls into the "bad fanfic self-insert nonsense" that everyone rolls their eyes and laughs at. You can't just run from what is canon, you have to accept it and use it regardless of how you feel IF you're going to continue to mess around in a universe.

Really, that such an opinion exists just goes to show how much DE's screwed up with the story. If players have to be able to create their own fantasy that contradicts what was given to them to actually enjoy the universe than it simply was NOT a good fantasy that was given to them to play with. I see a lot of people beating around the bush with that stick but no one else really seem to have the balls to admit it yet.

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned canon is king. Sure, you can do that, but it means absolutely nothing and immediately falls into the "bad fanfic self-insert nonsense" that everyone rolls their eyes and laughs at. You can't just run from what is canon, you have to accept it and use it regardless of how you feel IF you're going to continue to mess around in a universe.

Really, that such an opinion exists just goes to show how much DE's screwed up with the story. If players have to be able to create their own fantasy that contradicts what was given to them to actually enjoy the universe than it simply was NOT a good fantasy that was given to them to play with. I see a lot of people beating around the bush with that stick but no one else really seem to have the balls to admit it yet.

Do you expect to please anyone? No matter what is done, someone will not be happy and by your definition it will be failure.

And you don't see the problem with that? You don't see that by DE effectively making "Mission Failure" canon in their universe they've, ironically, removed ALL meaning from it? From "Tenno" deaths?

The Tenno CAN'T be killed through their Warframes. THAT much, as Uriel said, was made CLEAR in the VERY START of the quest - dreaming or not. You can try and ignore that fact but it still remains - awake or asleep, the destruction of a Warframe means NOTHING, and thus the only way Tenno have been dying means NOTHING, which in turn makes EVERY moment in the game where we're supposed to "save our fellow Tenno, save ourselves from the enemy" POINTLESS.

Weird how i don't get notification whenever you quote me.

I don't see a problem with mock/practice battles because it's an actual thing. Failing a mission was always canon in it's own way. You either fail a mission or you die, the latter usually being reserved for lore/story for obvious reasons.

You can keep ignoring every point I've made, continue to piggyback off of others that refuse to see reason due to their bias all you like but, deep down you know they are valid points.