The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Things You Might Not Know About Ivara

Deshiel

Question

...But if you do, sorry for wasting your time.

12/10/2015- added more info :)

1) Using the remote control ability works on gun projectiles and bolts aswel, not just arrows. Some of you are probably well aware of this, but I met two Ivaras who didn't know and they were giggly like teens when they discovered that they can control thier boltor/bolto shots. :D

2) When you enable your artemis bow, pressing secondary fire button causes you to instantly fire the arrow from your quiver ability. 

3) you fire your projectile into a wall and once it hits the wall press ability 2 = you can watch the projectile stuck in the wall but you can rotate the view. This is probably a bug because it goes behind the scripted walls and thus is game breaking.

I call the third option a provisory camera because if you do it on purpose in some corridor that you want to check out but you dont want to go there, you can just fire your projectile in the wall and leave, then press ability 2 and see everything from the projectile's field of view

4) Pressing zoom while controling your projectile causes the projectile to increase in speed.

---

My opinion: Remote control has this nasty and absolutely distastefull weakness. 

The longer you control your arrow, the faster it drains your energy. 

I tried to mod my efficiency from 100 to 160 and... It had next to no impact on the drain at all.

I wish this was looked upon.

Edited by Deshiel

most fun comes when controlling pentas ammo or quantas special ball thingy. and it is always better to use artemis bow before quiver because you don't need to charge at all. and yes energy cost on navigator is too big to actually have any fun with it.

Does duration affect Ivara's bow? I have got this lil doubt since technically this is a channeled ability that only drains per shot and not over time.

Artemis isn't affected by Duration. Only efficiency. Each fire from the artemis bow consumes like 30-40 of your energy if  your efficiency is at 100. It taxes only around 6-9 on 160 power efficiency tho

And for Dark Sector fans : 

GLAIVE CONTROL

I was wondering about this, thanks for confirming. :)

Edited by Deshiel

It was amazing to headshot myself with ogris rocket! Also, I arranged zipline meeting above cryopad on ODD. It was fun!

Maybe someone do not know, but arrow with invisibility sticks to your allies! You can do some funny/nasty shenanigans this way.

And personaly, I use Ivara to farm affinity for Focus on stealth kills  http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/389923182920115389/78873EA268297BFB63BF21E54D261EF0540C1433/

Edited by Idalgos

apparently when you use the remote control after you shot somewhre, there is a big chance that the camera will show the place your projectile has landed when you use the power again.

Giving you a provisory security camera power

While the projectile is stuck in the wall you can still rotate the camera around.

Edited by Deshiel

1) Using the remote control ability works on gun projectiles and bolts aswel, not just arrows. Some of you are probably well aware of this, but I met two Ivaras who didn't know and they were giggly like teens when they discovered that they can control thier boltor/bolto shots. :D

You know what it also works on? The Sonicor. You can even control the Sonicor's projectile past its usual maximum range, assuming you have the Energy to do so.

i havent yet Ivara so i cant understand how this works 

you press abilitie 2 and then how to select to fire a arrow or the Glaive or any projectile ??

some1 says that can with Navigator can throw a cloak arrow to sentinel and move cloak

how you can on Navigator select arrow from Quiver menu ??? or to if you have Ogris for example

the rocket or Glaive i read all this post and cant understand to value the infos

thx in advance

i havent yet Ivara so i cant understand how this works 

you press abilitie 2 and then how to select to fire a arrow or the Glaive or any projectile ??

some1 says that can with Navigator can throw a cloak arrow to sentinel and move cloak

how you can on Navigator select arrow from Quiver menu ??? or to if you have Ogris for example

the rocket or Glaive i read all this post and cant understand to value the infos

thx in advance

:D

You have three options

1) Press ability 2 and then fire your weapon = you take control

2) fire your weapon and then press ability 2 = you take control but its harder to control than in the first because the projectile is probably far away by now.

3) you fire your projectile into a wall and once it hits the wall press ability 2 = you can watch the projectile stuck in the wall but you can rotate the view. This is probably a bug because it goes behind the scripted walls and thus is game breaking.

I call the third option a provisory camera because if you do it on purpose in some corridor that you want to check out but you dont want to go there, you can just fire your projectile in the wall and leave, then press ability 2 and see everything from the projectile's field of view

:D

You have three options

1) Press ability 2 and then fire your weapon = you take control

2) fire your weapon and then press ability 2 = you take control but its harder to control than in the first because the projectile is probably far away by now.

so you press ab2 then press ab1 and you can take the control of the 

selected arrow -- cloak for example  corect ???

nice very nice

thx again

My mind is blown. My friend got Ivara, we farm affinity, pickpocketing enemies and stuff. I decided to see, if I can control Paracyst harpoon. I can. Then I decided to see if it drugs target beyond usual range. And you know what? IT WORKS! I am still giggling.