The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Bow As Of Now?

Zareek

Question

GREETINGS!

Up til now, Ive quite enjoyed my 4 forma Daikyu. It's not weak by any means, just takes some patience to use it. However, I havent really focused that much on bows overall, so I wanted to hear what everyone else thinks, and what bow you consider the best?

I need to decide on one for my upcomming Ivara, and primarily for grineer and void runs.

I think that the dread is the best, but I personally love the paris prime and I use the abras paris skin on it

My biggest issue with Paris Prime has always been the appearance. I was not aware we had skins for it! LEt alone the Abras Paris Skin, as I also have it seems. Looks really nice!

However, how well does the paris prime perform compared to dread and daikyu? It's mainly puncture so I assume it does better than Dread which is slash, against mid-high corrupted as well as grineer?

My biggest issue with Paris Prime has always been the appearance. I was not aware we had skins for it! LEt alone the Abras Paris Skin, as I also have it seems. Looks really nice!

However, how well does the paris prime perform compared to dread and daikyu? It's mainly puncture so I assume it does better than Dread which is slash, against mid-high corrupted as well as grineer?

If enemies have a lot of armor then use Paris P

Or it you run with 4 corrosive projection aura then go Dread

It is situational in which you choose

I belive its a toss up between rakta cernos or Dread... I hear alot of people tell me cernos is better because of the proc

I dont understand why people say rakta cernos. It's impact. That's not that good in the void as well as against grineer, it's mainly against corpus.

I prefer Rakta Cernos over any of them.

Best Syndicate proc of them all, and fast charge rate so you have a space spare for another damage mod.

I dont understand why people say rakta cernos. It's impact. That's not that good in the void as well as against grineer, it's mainly against corpus.

It has no problems against any faction. Give it a try before dismissing it just because it's Impact.

Impact is also one of the best damage types when you compare it to slash and puncture without their procs (ei without bleedout or armour reduction)

Edited by Demonfr34k

Rakta Cernos, easily.

Insane single target damage + aoe explosion.

It's an all-in-one.

EDIT:

I used my Paris Prime as my main bow until Rakta Cernos released.

It's way better, trust me.

The syndicate weapons (or weapons that support syndicate mods) are a class above everything else.

Edited by Shifted

I prefer Rakta Cernos over any of them.

Best Syndicate proc of them all, and fast charge rate so you have a space spare for another damage mod.

It has no problems against any faction. Give it a try before dismissing it just because it's Impact.

Well then Im torn between Paris Prime and Cernos. I have enough points to take the cernos. The paris prime has earned its reputation, as its viable even against high level heavy units. However, the cerno may be great despite its impact damage, but lining up the 2, whats there really on the cerno that beats the paris prime? The status? A bow shouldnt have to hit an enemy more than 1-2 times in which status is useless. I dont really use these weapons against level 200 enemies.

Well then Im torn between Paris Prime and Cernos. I have enough points to take the cernos. The paris prime has earned its reputation, as its viable even against high level heavy units. However, the cerno may be great despite its impact damage, but lining up the 2, whats there really on the cerno that beats the paris prime? The status? A bow shouldnt have to hit an enemy more than 1-2 times in which status is useless. I dont really use these weapons against level 200 enemies.

The charge rate and syndicate proc alone make it a win over the Paris Prime for me.

I guess it's personal preference, but i do prefer Rakta Cernos. 

It is arguably the best/at least on par with the other 2.

EDIT: Let's not forget how it's the best looking bow by far. Paris Abra skin being second best.

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

My Rakta Cernos has the same build as my Dread, and the yellow crits on the Cernos seem to hit as hard as red crits on my Dread on the same level of Grineer.

Then there's the charge time, Viral syndicate proc, extra energy restored, and the additional sprint speed to take into account from Rakta Cernos.

Edited by Maicael

The charge rate and syndicate proc alone make it a win over the Paris Prime for me.

I guess it's personal preference, but i do prefer Rakta Cernos. 

It is arguably the best/at least on par with the other 2.

100% agree with this.

Base damage type is usually at BEST around a quarter of your damage; against armor it's usually more like a tenth.

BASE DAMAGE TYPE BARELY MATTERS.

It does make a small difference, mostly because slash is terrible against armor, but really, the difference is barely significant. A few more or less percent damage isn't going to determine the best weapon.

The true difference comes from the weapons characteristics; PPrime fires faster (reload speed), Dread has higher red-crit chance and less of an arrow arc, RCernos fires the fastest but has a small chance to not crit (and hit like a wet noodle).

Technically RCernos wins the DPS race, but the (admittedly small) chance to not crit makes me dislike it. The AoE viral proc and energy restore can be very useful, or pointless, depending on frame and enemy selections; it's somewhat situational.

There is no clear winner between the 3 top bows - all that's clear is that Daikyu isn't a contender (*snicker*).

Well its hard to tell which is the best because they all do very good at their job. Dread can red crit often. Paris Prime is also very good against armor targets. Rackta Cernos has better base dmg than both of them. Quickest fire rate out of then 2. Cant red crit but its damn sure good. Not to mention the syndicate effect to make up for not red crit'ing. All are equally badass. Can't speak for Daikyu thou. That bow don't impress me. Split chamber & 2 dual stat mods can make it achieve 100% status but I honestly never tried it. Is it really good? Should I look into it?

Base damage type is usually at BEST around a quarter of your damage; against armor it's usually more like a tenth.

BASE DAMAGE TYPE BARELY MATTERS.

It does make a small difference, mostly because slash is terrible against armor, but really, the difference is barely significant. A few more or less percent damage isn't going to determine the best weapon.

The true difference comes from the weapons characteristics; PPrime fires faster (reload speed), Dread has higher red-crit chance and less of an arrow arc, RCernos fires the fastest but has a small chance to not crit (and hit like a wet noodle).

Technically RCernos wins the DPS race, but the (admittedly small) chance to not crit makes me dislike it. The AoE viral proc and energy restore can be very useful, or pointless, depending on frame and enemy selections; it's somewhat situational.

There is no clear winner between the 3 top bows - all that's clear is that Daikyu isn't a contender (*snicker*).

I completely forgot Rakta Cernos doesn't have 100% crit chance.

The chance for no crit is so small that i totally forgot about it xD

I have always been a huge Dread fan since the day I got it. It is easily my most used weapon. It was a sad sad sad sad SAD day for me once it got dethroned by the Ratka Cernos. But to be clear, in terms of pure DMG output, Ratka Cernos is better just because you get that free Mod slot from the Fast Trigger. 

Dread on the other hand will take you a bit farther since the slash proc is insane (especially if it procs on a red crit). And red crits. A fully modded crit build Dread will hit higher numbers than Cernos, but its not consistent.

Having said that.. for Ivara's 4, it doesn't really matter. Her 4 is mainly puncture (Dread is Slash and Cernos is Impact - so you're going to want the Piercing Caliber rather than the slash or impact alternative), and it builds differently. Charging the shot does not give it bonus dmg either. All it does is reorient the firing spread - so Fast trigger is questionable. 

EDIT: Also Ivara's 4 actually hits the hardest, since you can get 13 arrows (with multishot) to fire at once, and it can also be modded by power strength. A Fully modded puncture weapon build + full power Ivara is absolutely insane.

Edited by KingIzek

I completely forgot Rakta Cernos doesn't have 100% crit chance.

The chance for no crit is so small that i totally forgot about it xD

12.5% chance with a single arrow, ~1.6% chance with both, works out to ~2.7% chance in total to 'fail' to deal decent damage.

It's not that high, around 1 in 37 shots, but when it does happen at a critical moment it just sticks in my memory as 'the time my weapon failed me'. It's the same problem I have with the Tonkor, actually, and it can't really be fixed by CD as that makes it fire slower than the other options, and then 'whats the point?'

Edited by Darzk

The numbers without modding for a specific faction point to the rakta cernos for both sustained and burst dps. There are many threads on this and plenty of math to back it up on reddit.

Of course in certain situations with the appropriate mods some bows will outperform others.

My personal favorite is the dread because of it's slash procs but to each their own.

The one issue I have with running the Rakta Cernos with Ivara is that the syndicate AoE is unable to perform stealth kills. Any enemy that is killed by the burst instantly breaks your stealth combo and any enemy that isn't killed is instantly alerted.

If you don't mind that, it's a perfectly fine choice.

I like my Dread, but that's just personal preference.