The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maroo's Bazaar Is Redundant?

HunterFenrir

Ok relax I'm not saying the addition of Maroo's Bazaar is redundant but it has been feeling very redundant since no one actually trades there. Only a few players loitering,afking or just chatting but no actual trading. I don't know if it's just me going to the Relay at a wrong time or it's just the Asian players can't give many damns to Maroo's Bazaar(I'm playing on S.E.A server). Is it any different for other people?

Pretty sure their intent is to expand aspects of trading (per the devstream), and this is merely the beginning. Much like when Relays were introduced, but they were pretty useless because there was nothing in them that you couldn't already do on your ship. ...Then we opted to let most of them get destroyed, because whatever.

At least they separated trading from clans. If you dont have a clan, you make trades in the relay. If you dont want to invite anyone to your dojo, you can make trades there. If you have problems entering the dojo, you can go to the relay. If people cant connect to you as host due to firewall/isp problems, you go to the relay. If you want to have a coffee and trade, you go to the relay. If you want to contemplate oberon's amazonian prowess, you go to the relay. If you have spare light bulbs of type 1-A443B, you donate them to the relay, so they can install lights in there once and for all. Budget cuts are rough nowadays.

Edited by nms64

At least they separated trading from clans. If you dont have a clan, you make trades in the relay. If you dont want to invite anyone to your dojo, you can make trades there. If you have problems entering the dojo, you can go to the relay. If people cant connect to you as host due to firewall/isp problems, you go to the relay. If you want to have a coffee and trade, you go to the relay. If you want to contemplate oberon's amazonian prowess, you go to the relay. If you have spare light bulbs of type 1-A443B, you donate them to the relay, so they install lights in there once and for all. Budget cuts are rough nowadays.

Well only problem is that nobody wants to use it as intended xD see the problem?

Well only problem is that nobody wants to use it as intended xD see the problem?

That's because its too new, and people have gotten used to doing trades in the dojo, there's also no big push from the devs to advertise it, just one mention in the patch log and thats it. Eventually, people will realize its better  simpler to go to the relay, since you can stay there for trades and you have access to arsenal, mods and inventory. Just tell people to go to the relay and done. Too many times i've had to go back to liset to check how many of something I have, or how many of something I need because there is no inventory in dojo.

Edited by nms64

That's because its too new, and people have gotten used to doing trades in the dojo. Eventually, people will realize its better to go to the relay, since you can stay there for trades and you have access to arsenal, mods and inventory. Just tell people to go to the relay and done. Too many times i've had to go back to liset to check how many of something I have, or how many of something I need because there is no inventory in dojo.

Yeah, always creates one of those moments where you tell yourself. Hey I have that for sale... Wait did I trade it yet? Hmm... I'm pretty sure it dropped for me...

Please for the love of God no. Auction House would ruin this game's item economy.

Nope.  Not having an auction house keeps items artificially high.

To OP: think baby steps.  I think they are working towards a marketplace.  Just adding something small, stress testing it, and gauging acceptance each step of the way.

Nope. Not having an auction house keeps items artificially high.

To OP: think baby steps. I think they are working towards a marketplace. Just adding something small, stress testing it, and gauging acceptance each step of the way.

But If you think about it, when relays first came it was damn crowded, so much for baby steps. The Bazaar however... Well it's just really underwhelming.

I used it yesterday when the buyer couldn't get to my dojo and he didn't have a clan, so it isn't redundant.

What DE needs to do however is merge the bazaar with the relay so that players can trade items that they intend to sell for ducats. So if I were to ducat ash p systems for 20 ducats or whatever it is worth someone could offer to trade it for items of equal ducat value since I am basically throwing it away anyway.

The problem I've had with Maroo's Bazaar is that I could not meet the other player in it. I invited him to the Bazaar, but he ended up at a different one. We joined as a squad before entering the Bazaar and he was still in a different one than me. Couldn't do it in the Dojo at the time either because we just downgraded to Mountain and the Dojo was being reworked.

Maroo's Bazaar's biggest issue is the complete lack of publicity. I was recently between clans and when asking players to meet me there for a trade, they'd never even heard of it. Even still, I've got no idea exactly what Vendor Mode is for. When I have been there and there were many players, it was a much more interesting experience because of the unrestricted chat. We could advertise our sales, sure, but also compare prices and even hold auctions and giveaways. It's a much fairer trading experience than via 1 on 1 after Trading Channel because you have immediate input upon the fairness of a price or the usefulness of a product.

It's a pity it's so ignored, it actually makes trading fun. Spending 30 minutes parsing walls of small text is nowhere near as enjoyable as bantering and trying to convince someone they need what you've got.

Edited by EmpyreanArchon

You know what the Bazaar needs?  Independent research labs so we can get clan tech with out having to join a clan.  You'd just mark up the prices since you've got black market scientists and substandard equipment and facilities, so it costs more and takes longer (as to not devalue clan research rooms).

In short, clans research things faster and cheaper, but the bazaar allows everyone access to clan tech at a mark up.

You know what the Bazaar needs?  Independent research labs so we can get clan tech with out having to join a clan.  You'd just mark up the prices since you've got black market scientists and substandard equipment and facilities, so it costs more and takes longer (as to not devalue clan research rooms).

In short, clans research things faster and cheaper, but the bazaar allows everyone access to clan tech at a mark up.

That would be an interesting addition. Not sure how well it would actually work in-game though. There would probably also need to be some sort of entrance fee to access completed items or a higher credit cost for blueprints, otherwise what would the point of a clan dojo and the resources put into it be, especially now that trading can also be accomplished at the Bazaar?

I think that a good addition to the Bazaar is to make it similar to an actual Bazaar (as far as I know). Make it to where you can set up shop and place the items you're selling on display with a price or wanted trade item that other players can view. Players can grab an item from your "display" by meeting your price or item request before someone else grabs it. This would let players buy something they want as they see it or shop around to see if they can find another price without having quite the rush of Trade Chat speeding by.

This idea also wouldn't affect the global trade market the way others have mentioned an Auction House would since you're not comparing prices globally and there's not any as much of the "Price Is Right" dollar over/under price bids.

That would be an interesting addition. Not sure how well it would actually work in-game though. There would probably also need to be some sort of entrance fee to access completed items or a higher credit cost for blueprints, otherwise what would the point of a clan dojo and the resources put into it be, especially now that trading can also be accomplished at the Bazaar?

One limit would be times involved.  Clan research requires 36 hours to complete unrushed.  Since we'll be using substandard tools, let's increase that time to a full 48 hours.  I'd go for a reduced resource cost since you'd only be having a single player providing materials to the system, but not much more then a 25% reduction in resource costs (rounded up) compared to a Ghost clan.  Which, for a solo player, is still quite a bit of mats.

Clan labs are better simply because they work faster and you can split the bill more ways when you want to research something.

One limit would be times involved.  Clan research requires 36 hours to complete unrushed.  Since we'll be using substandard tools, let's increase that time to a full 48 hours.  I'd go for a reduced resource cost since you'd only be having a single player providing materials to the system, but not much more then a 25% reduction in resource costs (rounded up) compared to a Ghost clan.  Which, for a solo player, is still quite a bit of mats.

Clan labs are better simply because they work faster and you can split the bill more ways when you want to research something.

OH! I was thinking along the lines of a Server-wide research with massive resource costs to research, but provided by everyone outside of a clan. Similar to how Invasions are completed. Yeah, if they were individual research labs, then I don't think it would be too bad to add. It may be preferable to some since in many clans only a few people contribute even with increased research costs.