Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice On Moving To Iceland

DALOS

Iceland is more green than Greenland.

Be prepared for cold. Lots and lots and lots of cold! It's also got a very low population.

Actually, due to active volcanos nearby, Iceland is not so cold than Norway or Finland could be. Geysers, Hot Springs and so, geothermal heating. Snowstorms can be nasty sometimes tho. Been living there for a year.

Be prepared for cold. Lots and lots and lots of cold!

No problem, my favorite part of winter is getting bundled up like I'm in power armor

Our volcanoes don't erupt that often.

but my personal advice to anybody willing to move to Iceland: English is good and all, but learning Icelandic itself never hurts in the long run.

Yeah I was planing on taking language courses. But what kind of manners will I need? What are the people like?

Actually, due to active volcanos nearby, Iceland is not so cold than Norway or Finland could be. Geysers, Hot Springs and so, geothermal heating. Snowstorms can be nasty sometimes tho. Been living there for a year.

I see Iceland's weather reports every day, as they're part of Norway's. You're always at like -10 Celsius everywhere while we're still mostly above 0, apart from our few, very cold regions.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Well, the most ''famous'' item of traditional Icelandic food is fermented shark.

Yeah I was planing on taking language courses. But what kind of manners will I need? What are the people like?

Basic manners is really all you need, and in regards to the people, we tend to just be indifferent towards others.

Well, the most ''famous'' item of traditional Icelandic food is fermented shark.

Basic manners is really all you need, and in regards to the people, we tend to just be indifferent towards others.

I also recently heard that the country is poor. The currency exchange rate is 0.011 to my country. Any thoughts on that?

Be prepared for cold. Lots and lots and lots of cold! It's also got a very low population.

No sh!t, considering it is literally called "Iceland".

I've thought about it, mainly because I'm not a fan of the direction my counties politics is taking.  Can't decide where I want to go though.

Come to Hong Kong, where the weather can either be stifling hot, or rather wet. 

So mind if I ask what prompted the choice to immigrate? 

I've thought about it, mainly because I'm not a fan of the direction my counties politics is taking.  Can't decide where I want to go though.

Come to NZ, we have corrupt politicians and corrupt police/law system! Also this:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11557000

GO KIWI!

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

I've thought about it, mainly because I'm not a fan of the direction my counties politics is taking. Can't decide where I want to go though.

Pretty much the same as the others in this thread said. America's going in the dump, I live in the land north of the wall so I'm going to be dragged down with them, if oil prices stay low for another 5-10 years it might spark WW3. Also Iceland is completely independent in the energy department and actually care about the environment.

I've thought about it, mainly because I'm not a fan of the direction my counties politics is taking. Can't decide where I want to go though.

Canada <3

Work for DE... AND CONVERT THEM TO THE NOODLY OVERLORD! *cough* Oh sorry.