Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Rework Is Actually Pretty Lackluster.... He Needs To Be Buffed!

Zarozian

I'm thinking the only person wrong here is you, because I can routinely get my Iron Skin well above 5k (and often in the 8-10k range). It's not particularly difficult, just have to time your cast so you soak up a ton of damage during the invuln period.

And I have less power strength than you too.

Frost Prime most definitely does not have 750 armor. No frame has that much, unmodded.

And how am I wrong?

I am telling you I have 7k+ but I am also saying it feels no different.

Have you seen this thread yet?  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/575627-spoilerthey-adapt-to-our-abilities-too-q-q-a-deeper-analysis-on-the-sentients-excalibur-blind-exalted-blade-vs-sentients/

It's not enough! I'm thinking you don't play Rhino enough to really understand, especially if you are saying I am wrong without understanding why I am saying it.

After this comment of yours, you should not even come back...

Reliable CC = Radial Blind. Oh, did you know that RB didn't just make the mobs immobile, it also adds stealth multiplier to every possible melee hit, including 40m,infinite punch-through EB waves?

Amazing Damage = Did you seriously compare EB and Rhino Stomp in terms of damage output! Just stop! Stomp has one of the lowest AoE damage output at 800 blast damage.

The only thing Rhino has that is better than Excalibur is Iron skin that provides CC immunity and Damage mitigation. Excalibur on the other hand compensates this by having a AoE kill on his 3rd power and probably one of the most powerful 4th.

And incase you didn't realise, increasing Rhino's armor not only makes sense from conceptual point, but also further buffs the unique thing that Rhino has - Defense.

Yes thank you! Thank you so much!

With that said Rhino deserves more armor and another buff! >;(

Amazing Damage = Did you seriously compare EB and Rhino Stomp in terms of damage output! Just stop! Stomp has one of the lowest AoE damage output at 800 blast damage.

The entire point of Stomp isn't the damage. It's the extremely long stun.

With the right mods, you can get close to 10 seconds, which is practically an eternity in gameplay. And it's recastable now.

There really aren't any. Only one I could really think of might involve Roar, but everything else is fine.

That's exactly it. There's nothing wrong with Rhino as he is now. His 1 is good, his 2 is amazing, his 3 is a pretty effective buff, and his 4 is a really effective AOE stun.

Seriously, what on earth are you complaining about Zarozian? Give me five good reasons why Rhino needs to be looked at again over Oberon, or Limbo, or any other frame that actually has massive issues.

Edited by AsCaLus

There really aren't any. Only one I could really think of might involve Roar, but everything else is fine.

Actually it does involve Roar too.

But it also involves Rhino Prime's base armor rating, as well as how his multplier is lower than that of Frost's and Atlas's.

Like he should have at least the same multiplier or at least more armor.

Actually it does involve Roar too.

But it also involves Rhino Prime's base armor rating, as well as how his multplier is lower than that of Frost's and Atlas's.

Like he should have at least the same multiplier or at least more armor.

I'm sorry, 3 seconds of invincibility, immunity to knockdowns/status effects and 1.8k recastable health (WITHOUT mods, with mods you can go up to 5k easy) isn't enough for you?

I'm sorry, 3 seconds of invincibility, immunity to knockdowns/status effects and 1.8k recastable health (WITHOUT mods, with mods you can go up to 5k easy) isn't enough for you?

Without mods it's 1200.

Where did you get 1800 from?!

Are you guys misinformed? D: I bet you people don't even play Rhino! D:<

IT WOULD BE SPLENDID IF HE HAD 1800 MAX BASE IRON SKIN HP!

I CAN TOTALLY WORK WITH THAT! >;D

But no! He does not! >; (

Without mods it's 1200.

I was looking at my fething loadout when I made that post. Look. LOOK. I EVEN TOOK A SCREENSHOT FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. 1.8k freaking health without mods. Right there. 

7kytCyd.jpg

Edited by AsCaLus

Frost's old armor was 190 but he's always been not greedy with his Iron Skin. . . Er, Globe. Your parents must've taught nothing about sharing benefits with friends to you.

I. . . Might not want to say this but no frame can compete except Wukong and Valkyr in terms of invincibility against Trinity. It's quite hopeless to just "buff armor cause he's heaviest warframe" especially since there's a difference*. If Roar's buffed, buff Shooting Gallery too.

*There's a fine line between 'heaviest' and 'tankiest'. You can deploy a fat guy onto a battlefield and he'll die just as fast as a normal guy without any armor. I just consider Rhino to be a fat bum.

Can't be pleased until favorite frame reaches the point of dumbness 2.0 or until it topples Trinity in EHP generation department.

Almost everyone's mentality.

And before anyone screams at me because I left armor mods on or something... I didn't. I unequipped ALL of my mods, then looked at the stats. To be honest I was pretty sure Iron Skin only had 1.2k hp, and these numbers are weird. It might be that the Arsenal is screwing up.

But that doesn't change my point. 3 seconds of invincibility, up to 5k effective hp easy with mods and immunity to basically every status effect/knockdown ability.

Aaaand it's recastable. Meaning as long as you have energy you can effectively face-tank anything below level 40.

What more do you want? Seriously, what more do you want. His one is amazing, his two is amazing, his three is good at worst and his four is amazing. What else do you even want? Anything more and you don't want to play the game, you want to godmode the game.

Edited by AsCaLus

And before anyone screams at me because I left armor mods on or something... I didn't. I unequipped ALL of my mods, then looked at the stats. To be honest I was pretty sure Iron Skin only had 1.2k hp, and these numbers are weird. It might be that the Arsenal is screwing up.

But that doesn't change my point. 3 seconds of invincibility, up to 5k effective hp easy with mods and immunity to basically every status effect/knockdown ability.

Aaaand it's recastable. Meaning as long as you have energy you can effectively face-tank anything below level 40.

What more do you want? Seriously, what more do you want. His one is amazing, his two is amazing, his three is good at worst and his four is amazing. What else do you even want? Anything more and you don't want to play the game, you want to godmode the game.

although personally, i think hes fine now,i have a question, is going from 275 base armor to 450 really going into godmode territory?

Without mods it's 1200.

1887.5 Max health, Damage absorption multiplier 250%, 3 as opposed to 4 seconds of invul. Iron Skin is already Snow Globe for selfish people.

I bet you never look at the Abilities tab.

although personally, i think hes fine now,i have a question, is going from 275 base armor to 450 really going into godmode territory?

More towards the lazy players territory.

All the way up to 450? Yeah that's pushing it.

Maaaaybe pushing his armor stat up to 300 or 325 miiiight be alright but really, anymore buffs and we're taking a really good frame and making him just plain better than he needs to be. But now I'm getting off topic.

Rhino's fine where he is. And Zarozian, you still haven't given me five reasons why he needs a buff.

Edited by AsCaLus

Definitely needs a buff, but you can't do anything significant to him unless you make the player sacrifice the insanely broken speed the Arcane Vanguard provides. Making him powerful, tanky and fast is not balance, and because DE made the mistake of not taking out those helmets way back we now have to deal with them as a factor of imbalance that needs to be taken into account. The only way to buff Rhino without making him OP or nerfing his arcane speed is to force players to choose between speed and tankiness. If Iron Skin while active removed any form of speed buff(especially arcane vanguard's) Rhino has, provided it can be disabled at will, it could preserve both playstyles and allow for any version of him to be buffed without needing to fear too much imbalance.

Sometimes I wondered how much more usable Charge would be if it became a Hold-Ability.

Doubles your Sprint Speed and you gore/damage enemies you run into while holding 1.

omg this~I feel a lot of skills should followed something like this.

Like atlas and tectonics. If you hold down the button, instead of just rolling the wall, Atlas should've rolled into the ball and maybe have some steering capability chipping health of the wall down as he moves or hits things. As I ponder it...atlas needs a few reworks in the skills.

But only issue I ever found with going fast is doors don't open up fast enough.

It'll just make a lot of Rhino players mad salty.

Trust me on this one.

While true, it wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

All the way up to 450? Yeah that's pushing it.

Maaaaybe pushing his armor stat up to 300 or 325 miiiight be alright but really, anymore buffs and we're taking a really good frame and making him just plain better than he needs to be. But now I'm getting off topic.

Rhino's fine where he is. And Zarozian, you still haven't given me five reasons why he needs a buff.

I can give you fine with just one!~ ;O

Sentients! Look and behold their devastating power! >;( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/575627-spoilerthey-adapt-to-our-abilities-too-q-q-a-deeper-analysis-on-the-sentients-excalibur-blind-exalted-blade-vs-sentients/#entry6517469

Not only that but look at the third video!

Excal totally rekts them all very easily with Blind + Exalted Blade!

Surely giving Rhino 500 Armor isn't pushing it! >; (

There's a reason why Excalibur is the most played! >;(

I can give you fine with just one!~ ;O

Sentients! Look and behold their devastating power! >;( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/575627-spoilerthey-adapt-to-our-abilities-too-q-q-a-deeper-analysis-on-the-sentients-excalibur-blind-exalted-blade-vs-sentients/#entry6517469Not only that but look at the third video!

There's a reason why Excalibur is the most played! >;(

I uh, would like you to source your so called "facts" please

Can you explain the connection here to everyone else? Why does "Excal does damage with Blind and Exalted Blade" mean Rhino should get 500 armor?

Atlas may have 450 armor but he has no self-defensive skills like Iron Skin. Valkyr has 600 armor and does have a self-defensive skill, but it's her ultimate. You're wanting Rhino to have 500 armor, when his self-defensive skill is his second ability, has a 250% armor multiplier (in addition to power strength), converts all damage taken into health for 3 seconds after being cast, and is easily recastable with the Iron Shrapnel augment.

Do you not realize how over-the-top that is? It's completely and totally unnecessary. If you were to add Ironclad Charge into the mix, Rhino would have no rivals at all. No one could come close to him in EHP.

Exactly why on earth would rhino even require a buff anyway?

Charge is much easier to use now that duration affects it instead of range, the synergy with Ironskin is not even needed but sure, why not.

Iron Skin finally scales well and with iron shrapnel can be recasted when needed.

Roar is a Flat damage boost

His stomp has a 25M base Stun that is now recastable.

He doesn't need a buff, would roar drawing aggro be nice? Yes it would however he doesn't need anything at this point. If you want to compare his armour to other tanks yes his Armour is low however that is almost irrelevant as Iron skin

-Prevents him from being knockdown/staggered

-Prevents him from being disrupted/other statuses

-Absorbs procs/damage

-Is invincible in first 3 seconds

-Absorbs damage to add to it's health.

All for 50 energy, with no drain afterward (compared to defy which can still get you knockdown), no restriction (such as hysetria), it also has no set duration ( such as Vex armour) and it's augment allows you to be recast it, providing damage and CC.

Because IS Absorbs damage rhino's natural health pool is not even in danger vs other tanks. Rhino is in an good place now, there are other frames that require more attention than him