The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Melee Weapon Attack Speed Affect Ash's Bladestorm Attack Speed, Too?

F.BlackR

Question

^- Title

I'm going to get Ash Prime and mod it for Bladestorm, but I heard his Ult is also affected by Melee Weapon. For example, if I equip Tipedo(Attack Speed 1.3), will Ash perform Bladestorm attacks quicker than with Gram(Attack Speed 0.7)? I want to know whether it's true or not so I can prepare the fast weapon before I get Ash Prime.

Edited by F.BlackR

18 answers to this question

Yes, melee weapon attack speed affects bladestorm animation speed.

Try using a slow weapon, take note of how long animations take.  Then use a fast weapon.

Valkyr's warcry and volt's speed will also affect bladestorm.  Fury and berserker mod effects are also contributors to fast attack speed, and thus bladestorm.

Completing the attacks faster can get more enemies afflicted with slash procs, and allows for going back into bladestorm or following it up with further attacks in order to speed up DPS.

39 attacks that take 1.5 seconds each to deploy versus 39 attacks that take 0.5 seconds means that the bladestorm attack queue is completed earlier, thus raising total potential DPS.

Edited by DeMeritus

(I'm making these gifs at 10FPS for space reasons, so the times are estimates and intended to be comparisons instead of absolutes.)

So first we have the Plasma Sword with Spoiled Strike on it.

0.553 attack speed.

~3 seconds.

qWO3t9P.gif

Next the Plasma Sword at base speed.

0.667 attack speed.

~1.2 seconds.

y4eN8AV.gif

------------------------------------------------------

Now we have the Tipedo with Fury on it.

1.73 attack speed.

~2 seconds.

qk57neZ.gif

And the Tipedo at base speed.

1.33 attack speed.

~2.2 seconds.

2vFvhg4.gif

lolwut

... so it seems the whole "there's different animations with different base speeds" is realllly going to throw off testing unfortunately?  I don't feel like spamming and recording to get the same animations each time.

Anybody have a good suggestion on consistent testing?

Anybody have a good suggestion on consistent testing?

Compare a fast weapon with a slow weapon of the same class (ie uses the same finisher attack animation). Then at least we can determine if the weapons base speed is having any effect, or just the +/- speed from the mods.

Hmm, we might need to do trial and error to figure out which weapon class Bladestorm treats as the fastest. I remember hearing fist weapons are pretty quick, for example.

lolwut

Edit: Also, the Counter Finisher and Stealth Finisher (front and back attacks, respectively) have different animations and speeds, which is the discrepancy on the speeds, more than the mods; For example, the stealth attack with a longsword is pretty slow (that charge up and lunge into the spine) while the counter attack is among the fastest (the 2-handed slashes into the torso).

Edited by Darzk

Hmm, we might need to do trial and error to figure out which weapon class Bladestorm treats as the fastest.

Yeah that's the issue because it doesn't use the animations of the weapons themselves, so recording would have to be done until the same animation was hit multiple times with different setups.

Yeah that's the issue because it doesn't use the animations of the weapons themselves, so recording would have to be done until the same animation was hit multiple times with different setups.

Maybe just use the time it takes to complete a full BS attack? Spawn 20x lvl100 Corrupted Heavy Gunners in the Simacrulum and attack em with 40% strength, see how long it takes to come out of BS? Maybe an average of a number of BS's?

We can finally access the Arsenal in the Simacrulum so it shouldn't be nearly as tedious as this would have been pre-u18.

Maybe just use the time it takes to complete a full BS attack? Spawn 20x lvl100 Corrupted Heavy Gunners in the Simacrulum and attack em with 40% strength, see how long it takes to come out of BS? Maybe an average of a number of BS's?

We can finally access the Arsenal in the Simacrulum so it shouldn't be nearly as tedious as this would have been pre-u18.

Each of those tests I did was on a single enemy, counting from the frame I teleported in to the last frame before I teleported back to my starting point, so those are one cycle each.

[size=2](I don't have access to the simulacrum yet.)[/size]