The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Vs Rhino

(PSN)CommanderC2121

Question

You can't compare those two frames, really. They don't fill the same role.

That said, people who diss Oberon just don't have a clue about him. They probably played him before his rework and still keep the same opinion.

Oberon is a jack of all trades. He can offer healing or crowd control, as well as tank a little bit.

Rhino is a defensive tank.

They both have their uses, they both have their drawbacks. Oberon isn't particularly great at what he does (or he'd be OP af), and Rhino really doesn't teach you to be any good.

Try them and see what suits you.

Personally, I can't stand Rhino and mained Oberon ever since I got him a year and a half ago. 

I like underdog frames. Now that my beloved Ember got a "noob to go treatment" and is common in every session, I lost interest in her and was looking for some new underdogs. Then Oberon come to my mind: I potatoed him, put 4 forma and a tomato on him and finally run some missions with him.

Before I could not comprehend the hate on him, now I hate him with a passion. Only Hydroid is worse than this abomination.

OP, you said you have room for both, but never the less, get Oberon first, lvl him to 30 and delete him. Then start with Rhino.

This message is for white Obeon knights. OP is a rookie without proper mods and you advise him to play with Oberon? Rhino is way more begginer friendly because he works without big investments. Think about it.

I like underdog frames. Now that my beloved Ember got a "noob to go treatment" and is common in every session, I lost interest in her and was looking for some new underdogs. Then Oberon come to my mind: I potatoed him, put 4 forma and a tomato on him and finally run some missions with him.

Before I could not comprehend the hate on him, now I hate him with a passion. Only Hydroid is worse than this abomination.

OP, you said you have room for both, but never the less, get Oberon first, lvl him to 30 and delete him. Then start with Rhino.

This message is for white Obeon knights. OP is a rookie without proper mods and you advise him to play with Oberon? Rhino is way more begginer friendly because he works without big investments. Think about it.

What about Oberon elicited passionate hate towards him? (Not trying to start an argument, I'm genuinely curious)

And yes, I agree Rhino is more beginner friendly and forgiving than Oberon.

i dont understand how you can be interested in something, then lose interest just because ember isnt an underdog anymore

You can't compare those two frames, really. They don't fill the same role.

That said, people who diss Oberon just don't have a clue about him. They probably played him before his rework and still keep the same opinion.

Oberon is a jack of all trades. He can offer healing or crowd control, as well as tank a little bit.

Rhino is a defensive tank.

They both have their uses, they both have their drawbacks. Oberon isn't particularly great at what he does (or he'd be OP af), and Rhino really doesn't teach you to be any good.

Try them and see what suits you.

Personally, I can't stand Rhino and mained Oberon ever since I got him a year and a half ago. 

How exactly does Rhino teach you to simply not be good at the game? He has a offensive buff ability that hugely benefits the team, but needs to be properly managed, a movement ability that can deal great damage and CC when synergized with other abilities, and a defensive ability that teaches you to use it at the right moment to get a better desired affect(Using IS with no enemies around makes it weak.)

So I can't say Rhino teaches you bad habits, at least not anymore. I used to hate him before his changes, but he's benefitted hugely from them.

So I can't say Rhino teaches you bad habits, at least not anymore. I used to hate him before his changes, but he's benefitted hugely from them.

Rhino only teaches good habits if you don't have cheese for brains. Otherwise you'll be another in the long list of Rhino's I've scraped off the floor because Iron Skin =\= Lategame Survival strategy. Rework or no - that hasn't changed - it's been kicked down the road a few mins/waves - but that's it.

Rhino's kit simply encourages lack of attention through midgame - which is a terrible means of preparing for lategame. Roar builds excluded of course - but they're like unicorns.

Oberon is solid as a rock - real dark horse - would welcome one or three any day of the week. Sadly if you don't have Rage he's basically just a Christmas tree.

Which is the best for bad situations

I.e.

Mini boss/stalker surprise attack

Against the Stalker, it would be Rhino for his tankiness. The Stalker cancels all abilities you cast, so you wouldn't be able to heal or iron skin around him, leaving the stats of the frame and the weapons you have as your only defenses.

How exactly does Rhino teach you to simply not be good at the game? He has a offensive buff ability that hugely benefits the team, but needs to be properly managed, a movement ability that can deal great damage and CC when synergized with other abilities, and a defensive ability that teaches you to use it at the right moment to get a better desired affect(Using IS with no enemies around makes it weak.)

Most people using Rhino will either:

1) Rush ahead and just rely on Iron skin (Which will not save them in harder levels) 

2) Rhino stomp the F*** out of everything.

I see few good Rhino players. Those good players will utilize the rework, but your average Rhino player will just go hurrr durr gotta go fast with Iron skin. Or spam Stomp. That's not being remotely good. At all.

Just like Excal and his ult.

I'm not saying he's bad in any way, as when I used him before, I pulled myself out of some nasty situations. 

Against the Stalker, it would be Rhino for his tankiness. The Stalker cancels all abilities you cast, so you wouldn't be able to heal or iron skin around him, leaving the stats of the frame and the weapons you have as your only defenses.

He cancels abilities!

Shoot

Better hope he doesnt hunt me when im doing a solo spy mission

Rhino is great for early and midgame, and his ult gives you some handy crowd control. Oberon, on the other hand, has a direct heal ability, a solid 2, and his offensive attacks all proc radiation, which makes him a must for lategame defense.

Try both of them out, then do whatever.

You will probably have an easier time with Rhino early on, but I feel Oberon is by far the more interesting Warframe.

Just get your hands on a Rage mod, and Oberon will be fun to play for a long time. He's a great allrounder, and if you equip the Smite augment as well, there are only two things he doesn't have in his kit: invisibility and a mobility spell. Everything else is there.