Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

China Has "sesame Credit" A Good Citizen Score System

noveltyhero

Several articles:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-34592186

http://qz.com/519737/all-chinese-citizens-now-have-a-score-based-on-how-well-we-live-and-mine-sucks/

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28314-inside-chinas-plan-to-give-every-citizen-a-character-score/

You can just google it.

Summary

China is adding a point system for being a good or bad citizen, right now it is optional but around 2020 it is mandatory.

i.e

Working an "actual" job=good rating

Playing games all day=bad rating

Buying things from local market=good rating

Buying things from Japan=bad rating

Being friends with person with bad rating=bad rating

Posting online about real problems with chinese economy=bad rating

Posting online about the greatness of chinese government=good rating

Benefits include better loan approval, travel arrangements etc.

No penalties yet but they will likely be implemented, such as some jobs are unavailable to you if you have bad rating.

Opinions?

IMO this is the kind of fudged up stuff you see in movies. The principle of this was in the japanese movie Battle Royale, seriously, this stuff is messed up. Especially if it leaks to other countries, I am not worried about the west, but other countries can become isolated really fast with this kind of system.

Wait... so what if your job is actually making/developing/playing games?

But yeah, this is the sort of stuff you see in 'dark' futuristic films.

I assume it would depend on the content you put out. But tbh seeing as how censored games are there (they need government approval) I doubt you'd be in trouble.

Not many games there about rebellions if you know what I mean :/

This is horrifying to me...

A gamified scoring system for people and their behaviours is the sort of stuff you read in really dark and dystopian sci-fi stories. The system "positively" reinforces you to get in line and be patriotic, while cutting ties with anything that the authorities don't like. 

I sincerely hope that such a terrible and cruel system doesn't spread to anywhere else in the world.

See, this is why Warframe was mostly bought out by some seemingly random Chinese company, because if the company isn't Chinese, they would be considered a bad person.

This is sort of messed up

This is true. But again, government power will always topple everything else when it comes to rules. There's nearly no option for Chinese people if they want to play warframe other than letting a company buy a fair share of DE's company and their income.

Thinking this through at first, we actually found the real answer as to why some random Chinese food provider bought a part of DE. And it's pretty sad considering the fact that it's the government themselves that made the score system.

Organically, I find China making a game on itself by having a system of "doing work tasks gets good ratings, while those who don't will be put behind" literally the Mindset of video games set on Real Life.

While I find discouragement of idling around is a good thing, it would also put those who did lost their proper jobs recently to a punishing state where they usually learning/adapting to get another job only to get themselves deducted for "doing nothing".

In addition, Xenophobia appears to subtly around this module and this is really something other countries should be concerned especially when this is growing already on the US.

Personal food for thought.

The idea definetly has potential, but the examples you shown are terrible.

What if video games are reason i want to live in the first place?

What if my criticism of the goverment is a constructive one with hope to make country better?

And i will have bad rating for that?

This is just stupid. I would say "F*** you" to those who thought of this.

why are you guys surprised by this ? its a communist country, that just how that governmental system operates

specifically a right-wing leninist state which is worst than just communist, meaning the political theory that a single party rules the government and governs all affairs as opposed to individual politicians

you have to remember there is a huge population in china

the point system of bad or good citizen is completely normal, classic even for leninist states, just another attempt to access and control the masses within that system

the irony is the economic needs of trying to become a first world superpower forced them to relax and allow private ownership of property or capital which goes against the fundamentals of communism which are suppose to be higher social order with all goods equally shared by the people to create a classless society (instead it just made the disparity between rich and poor worse, increased corruption, number 1 polluter of the planet)

fear not, it cant spread because all experts agree its completely unsustainable socially (let alone economically) and will collapse from the inside as it already is 

you can expect great changes from the asia region in the future, there will be a huge shift 

One big question is what's gonna happen with most of the underground things in China are those gonna big bad ratings or just ignored. I know most of the online interactions per person are tied to their info.

Actually people already predict that a system like this will simply be exploited by the smarter people (where it is government officials or underground hacker), however the masses will succumb to something like this unfortunately.