Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Grind In Warframe Killing The Game?

tripletriple

a grind game.....thats free to play

its a GRIND GAME people

get over it or better yet throw plat at your screen.....

There are 8 replies of blind sheep until someone finally speaks sense.

It's a free game. If you want to moan about a grind filled game, go buy The Taken King DLC for Destiny. It's worse, and costs £70.

Moaning about the grind in a game that has no mandatory costs is as ridiculous as moaning about a sale at your local supermarket is.

With the feedback from the community. I'd say, from what I've been gleaning from recent posts and ingame sentiment, that the grind, as it stands, is neither reasonable nor fun.

But how do you collect accurate feedback? Few loud people will overwhelm others. Content or only mildly annoyed people will not rage.

It's a free game. If you want to moan about a grind filled game, go buy The Taken King DLC for Destiny. It's worse, and costs £70.

Moaning about the grind in a game that has no mandatory costs is as ridiculous as moaning about a sale at your local supermarket is.

Just want to correct this. The term free to play is not a safe gaurd against bad practices. Neither is this game free to play for everyone. If someone doesn't pay to play this game won't run at all.

I think people are way too much accostumed to have Everything in the moment they see it. 

Yes , you will have nezha in 1 or 2 weeks. It's new content, I know u die to try it, but if u want something instantly there is a way (market) and don't tell me that "only those who pay for pl" cause if you have not 300~ pl till now there could be only 3 reasons : or you are lazy (in this case it's totaly your fault) or you are not capable of sell ( your incapacity), or you are a new player (so there are still many frames to try before Nezha).

So keep calm and wait, you will not die if you don't find all nezha parts instantly, moreover those parts will be permanent in sorties and are tradable in market, so is not a matter of " if you will have" but "when you will have".

Be patient. 

I wonder if it's even possible, with sanity intact, to play this game without a single platinum purchase. I think that's a true test of F2P.

I wonder if it's even possible, with sanity intact, to play this game without a single platinum purchase. I think that's a true test of F2P.

Never bought platinum , I have all items in the game (decorations and cosmetic included) except for founder pack and pa accessories (the only pay exclusive items). You just need to look for the right things and to lose a bit of time in trade channel.

I think people are way too much accostumed to have Everything in the moment they see it. 

Yes , you will have nezha in 1 or 2 weeks. It's new content, I know u die to try it, but if u want something instantly there is a way (market) and don't tell me that "only those who pay for pl" cause if you have not 300~ pl till now there could be only 3 reasons : or you are lazy (in this case it's totaly your fault) or you are not capable of sell ( your incapacity), or you are a new player (so there are still many frames to try before Nezha).

So keep calm and wait, you will not die if you don't find all nezha parts instantly, moreover those parts will be permanent in sorties and are tradable in market, so is not a matter of " if you will have" but "when you will have".

Be patient. 

There are two types of responses to "There's too much grind."

1. There's too much grind. I agree.

2. You're all impatient.

So far, it appears the majority are type 1 people thus something needs to be done.

There are two types of responses to "There's too much grind."

1. There's too much grind. I agree.

2. You're all impatient.

So far, it appears the majority are type 1 people thus something needs to be done.

Well my dear friend, it reflect how things are in real life. Majority of people is always impatient. It's Nature. And speaking about virtual games, you probably know better than me that gamers are the most impatient type of guy , expecially when accostumed to get everything in few hours.

Is it that it's an actual grind or is it because you can't get the warframe in one day because of this give me give me now now now attitude.

Because doing sorties one time a day that most everybody can complete within an hour does not sound like a grind at all to me. Would you rather have to do void missions over and over and over again you know actually grinding?

The fact that you have to do the new content and you can only do it once a day would be exactly the opposite of a grind not to mention the missions do change. Your reasoning and logic is flawed.

I mean are the sorties too hard to do or you don't find them enjoyable because to me they're very enjoyable because they're different from everything else I've done so do you just want to do the same void missions and Draco and stuff like that that you have done over and over is that fun to you?

Yes I would agree if every frame could be a quest frame like say Mesa work Roma or something like that that would be a little bit fun but you're still going to "grind" for it. And they just don't have the manpower to do that for every frame.

I don't think you really play too many games with a real grind in it. I mean I personally enjoy not having everything given to me. Any game with this kind of progression in mechanics is going to have a form to this I mean what else would you do after you did all the quest?

To me grinding is doing the same thing over and over just to get your character to the point to where they can even begin to do new content and constantly have you do it to be able to enjoy the new content. There is no grinding that takes very long at all if you want to call it grinding that you are really required to do to be able to play this game yes they're all stances in mods that are very good and very enjoyable but by no means do you need them to be able to complete in game stuff.

Sorry for the rent I just don't understand your logic at all unless you were saying I want to in a day because I have to have everything now I don't like any sense of accomplishment or achievement. Hell I wish they made the sorties harder and if you fail that's it for the day but I understand that they are alien ate a lot of the player base and I do not blame them for that but I would like some kind of hardcore mode that gave some kind of reward for being tougher.

moreover those parts will be permanent in sorties 

Can you back this statement with a source?

The grind is fine. This isn't a competitive multiplayer game, so not having some awesome rare loot at the end of the mission will only be the death of the game. Yes, maybe the gun mechanics and Warframe abilities will be fun or made to be fun; yes, maybe the new Mo-Cap studio will allow DE to make more cool stories. However, if you don't present some form of progression to the player, people would just leave.

Just want to correct this. The term free to play is not a safe gaurd against bad practices. Neither is this game free to play for everyone. If someone doesn't pay to play this game won't run at all.

That's the thing though, isn't it? What do you get in EVERY purchasable pack? Platinum. With which you can purchase anything outright, minus the grind altogether.

So, I ask those of you who are saying that the grind is too much, a question.

If you are not prepared to buy Platinum, so that you bypass the grind altogether, then what right do you have to complain about obtaining it the "free" way in what is, to you, a "free" game?

The answer is none. You have absolutely no right to complain at all.

On the other hand, if you do buy Platinum, you STILL have no right to complain at all. Because you already have the means to acquire the item without the grind.

Ojimaru, the "Permanent Sortie reward" source is the sodding patch notes, for christ sake read them....

Edited by (XB1)Yiazzy

It's getting boring.. same thing day in day out....void is damn near hard to play with standard weapons, and  the guys that can kill anything , just walk thru as if no one was there, what's the point in playing if you can do that? there is no fun in it...only part i like is archwing.. it's new and fun till i get bored with that....

Regardless of the philosophy of whether or not the crys of "too much grind" are warranted, wouldn't everyone be happy anyways if the grind was reduced? Even if it was just a smidge?

No. If the grind was reduced, we'd get everything quicker. Meaning we'd run out of things to do halfway between updates. I'd rather not see that happen to another game. #COUGHDESTINYCOUGH

No. If the grind was reduced, we'd get everything quicker. Meaning we'd run out of things to do halfway between updates. I'd rather not see that happen to another game. #COUGHDESTINYCOUGH

So you wouldn't be happier if freaking Wukong BP was one less Nitain Extract or something was, like, 10 Ferrite cheaper? Literally no changes need to be made to this games grind?

Sadly less or more grind wont matter since there is no global middle ground atm;

Either people will burn out from farming it or blowing thru content.

having an amazing circle of supportive friends to play and enjoy the game with makes the game enjoyable to me, even through the grind and i haaate grinding 

if i didnt have my friends playing with me i would not have kept playing past day 3 honestly 

My friend said it wasn't worth it and ditched me. Guess we weren't that great of buddies as I thought. Warframe killed my friendship.

So you wouldn't be happier if freaking Wukong BP was one less Nitain Extract or something was, like, 10 Ferrite cheaper? Literally no changes need to be made to this games grind?

Um....bad example. I already researched and built Wukong. Ghost Clan lol

And even if I hadn't, my answer is still no. 1 Nitain? 10 Ferrite? That's one very quick Capture mission/Any Nitain alert. Come on bud, the grind in this game is nothing.