Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Grind In Warframe Killing The Game?

tripletriple

My friend said it wasn't worth it and ditched me. Guess we weren't that great of buddies as I thought. Warframe killed my friendship.

In my honest opinion, if a friendship ceased over a digital game... it isnt worth keeping :/

Sorry it happened thought.  

You're missing the point.

No, I'm not.

To be quite honest, all I see are a bunch of entitled players thinking that DE should bow to their every whim. So what if you need to do one more mission to build a part? So what if you're not going to get what you want straight away?

People like me accept and love the game for what it is. People like the naysayers in this topic want to change the game entirely, ending in a result that wouldn't be Warframe at all.

I've been logging in less and less since they released nitain. Nitain is just an artificial way to slow things down. The china-frame stuff I'm not too happy about either. On top of that, the spy mission Ivara, and the Sorti Nehza are slowly killing me.

For those of you that are putting forth the argument well wouldn't you be happy if you just had to do a little less. So who decides what's a little less and where does it stop so instead of any grind at all de just makes it so that everyone starts out with everything all mods all maxed and all weapons and warframes... And then the game would die. I really don't know how to say it but part of the fun of the game is doing things to get rare stuff for progression if you call that a crown you call it a grind but know that for an online game this has one of the softest grind I have ever seen. You know I would be fine with the harder sorting that had real consequences for dying and may even take you a month or two to get the new frame. But I understand I cannot do a frame like this but it would be cool if they did a mod or even something visual but they can not because then everyone would cry.

Actually, the grind is what keeps the game alive.

What else would you do if you didn't have a REASON to play? You leave.

Also- isnt WF successful?

Exactly. A good comparison to another High-grind game that is very successful is Eve Online.

Monthly subscriptions, PLEX sales, Aurum sales, and the playerbase is HUGE. Considering the Skilling system in that game goes into the hundreds of millions, and you get a skill point PER SECOND of subscribed time, I'd say players like grind.

In my honest opinion, if a friendship ceased over a digital game... it isnt worth keeping :/

Sorry it happened thought.  

She was someone that I liked and she liked me too for the most part. She came over one day and we were watching some movies together. I wanted her to get into Warframe with me so we could be one of those cute couples that play together. Seeing how Warframe is my favorite game I started with that.

After about an hour she gave up and said it was too grindy. I explained that's how it was at first especially for newbs. She then got angry at me for calling her a newb but I meant it as someone who is new. I told her that and she said that I was stupid for putting so much time into some stupid game.

I have a brother who isn't all there in the head and she's aware. She said that what I was doing every day was paramount to insanity; playing this game over and over and expecting some reward that had a small chance of occuring. She jokingly started calling me mental which made me angry.

Then she got angry because I was being too serious. I told her this was getting out of hand and that I didn't want her to play Warframe if she didn't want to. That wasn't good though because I guess I hurt her feelings. She started crying, saying that if we're fighting now over a stupid game just imagine what'd it'd be like if we actually started dating. 

She got up to leave and I tried to make amends. At that moment I noticed a nitain extract alert had just come up and completely out of the blue I said, " Oh, sweet!" 

She said, "OMFG, look at you! Literally just forgot about me for some stupid f*cking thing in your game. You're really just a dweeb." Then she stormed out of my room.

I was actually torn at what to do. I figured she wasn't too upset really, cuz it was all just a game and she might've just been play fighting even though both our feelings were hurt. So I let her walk away and I did the alert mission.

Later that week when I caught up to her she said she was going to the movies with Jason, a guy from my class. I was stunned and asked if we were over? She replied, "I honestly expected you to chase after me but you just played that f*cking game. I want someone who thinks I'm more important than that."

I tried desperately to explain that I didn't think she was that upset about it which is why I thought it best to just let her walk off some steam but she wouldn't listen. I cried that night. I really liked her. I think it was even love...

She was someone that I liked and she liked me too for the most part. She came over one day and we were watching some movies together. I wanted her to get into Warframe with me so we could be one of those cute couples that play together. Seeing how Warframe is my favorite game I started with that.

After about an hour she gave up and said it was too grindy. I explained that's how it was at first especially for newbs. She then got angry at me for calling her a newb but I meant it as someone who is new. I told her that and she said that I was stupid for putting so much time into some stupid game.

I have a brother who isn't all there in the head and she's aware. She said that what I was doing every day was paramount to insanity; playing this game over and over and expecting some reward that had a small chance of occuring. She jokingly started calling me mental which made me angry.

Then she got angry because I was being too serious. I told her this was getting out of hand and that I didn't want her to play Warframe if she didn't want to. That wasn't good though because I guess I hurt her feelings. She started crying, saying that if we're fighting now over a stupid game just imagine what'd it'd be like if we actually started dating.

She got up to leave and I tried to make amends. At that moment I noticed a nitain extract alert had just come up and completely out of the blue I said, " Oh, sweet!"

She said, "OMFG, look at you! Literally just forgot about me for some stupid f*cking thing in your game. You're really just a dweeb." Then she stormed out of my room.

I was actually torn at what to do. I figured she wasn't too upset really, cuz it was all just a game and she might've just been play fighting even though both our feelings were hurt. So I let her walk away and I did the alert mission.

Later that week when I caught up to her she said she was going to the movies with Jason, a guy from my class. I was stunned and asked if we were over? She replied, "I honestly expected you to chase after me but you just played that f*cking game. I want someone who thinks I'm more important than that."

I tried desperately to explain that I didn't think she was that upset about it which is why I thought it best to just let her walk off some steam but she wouldn't listen. I cried that night. I really liked her. I think it was even love...

Crappy though it may be, and how bad it feels now, you'll come to realise that it wasn't love if something as simple as you playing a game came between you.

Still a better love story than Twilight btw ;)

And I LIKE Twilight, book AND film!

Edited by (XB1)Yiazzy

Just want to correct this. The term free to play is not a safe gaurd against bad practices. Neither is this game free to play for everyone. If someone doesn't pay to play this game won't run at all.

This is actually one of the few free to play games that you can pretty much get every single item except visuals and then even some of those without spending a dime but if you have a give me now attitude then yes you probably will feel like you have to spend some money. And implying that de has bad practices is going a bit too far, they actually try something new and surprise surprise people *@##$ and obviously you haven't really played too many free to play games if you think this one has bad practices

This is actually one of the few free to play games that you can pretty much get every single item except visuals and then even some of those without spending a dime but if you have a give me now attitude then yes you probably will feel like you have to spend some money. And implying that de has bad practices is going a bit too far, they actually try something new and surprise surprise people *@##$ and obviously you haven't really played too many free to play games if you think this one has bad practices

Well said. I've played Smite, World of Tanks, Neverwinter, Aeon, and Dust 514 on the PS3 (A CCP made game, EVE Online based fps), so I understand the possibility of not having to pay in these games.

-snip-

Wasn't expecting this level of rejected :/

Sorry again it happened man.

If chick dumps you over a game/reasons she is not worth your time. Period.

As harsh as it sounds, best to move on and/or send best regards to her. 

Plenty of people to meet anew and make room for new love/emotions.

Crappy though it may be, and how bad it feels now, you'll come to realise that it wasn't love if something as simple as you playing a game came between you.

Still a better love story than Twilight btw ;)

And I LIKE Twilight, book AND film!

omg I loved that series! Even though the movies were embarrassing to watch, with all of Kirsten Stewart's painful acting, I cried during the last movie when I thought Carlyle died.

Words of advice if you are a gamer especially one that would prefer to spend most of your free time gaming and play online games that require a lot of time you really need to try to find a girl thats a gamer that is simular because it doesn't matter if they spend the same amount of time watching reality TV shows or doing whatever they will b**** because you aren't doing it with them. And yes rejection always hurts whether you care about the person or not good news is all it takes is time.

a grind game.....thats free to play 

its a GRIND GAME people 

get over it or  better yet throw plat  at your screen.....

no exactly, there are games that the grind is so well balanced that you don't feel the game is grindy, but warframe? omg, the grind is such a disgusting feeling, i've never played a game that grindy like warframe is, and trust me, the best example to compare with, are any korean mmo out there

Actually, the grind is what keeps the game alive.

What else would you do if you didn't have a REASON to play? You leave.

Also- isnt WF successful?

You need grind to keep a f2p game alive, but there is a point where you must draw a line between "acceptable" and "b*llsh*t". With the implementation of Nitains and the introduction of Nezha and the

Focus system

it seems that Warframe caters towards active players more rather than players like myself who only have time to play on the weekends, or can only play in for short periods of time, which I believe will hurt the game rather than benefit it.

The grind is destroying me. Also doesn't help much that the stuff you have to grind for is worth 20-30 dollars on the market.

I seriously killed Tyl Regor 38 times just for equinox.

38? Pff I solf off 44 night systems at one point and I still don't have the bloody frame.

Wukong was unreasonable and they went ahead with it anyway.

This is even worse, as it FORCES me to do sorties, something I planned on not doing anymore due to the insane amount of time required to go through all of my dailies. On top of that, I might never be able to build her as the rewards are so borked it might simply never drop.

What surprises me is that the parts are tradeable. For what purpose? It's the equivalent of selling a prime frame on the market for 350p (random number). The only reason they possibly had to do that is if the chance to drop those parts are so insanely low as to make it close to impossible to aquire without using trade or buying it from the market.

Considering a sortie has 15-ish possible rewards, that you have to get 4 of them  and that you only have one shot a day at getting one of those parts, I guesstimate that it'll probably take a month or two of doing sorties every day to get that frame. Meanwhile, a couple new frames will be released with probably even less reasonable ways to aquire and we'll be stuck either waiting months for that frame without any way to reduce that time through sheer will, determination and time or buying it at 90% of the market price (because trade is a d***)

This simply won't fly and I'll be boycotting this frame until DE fixes this mess.  If by some random luck I get one of her parts from a sortie (probably because my girlfriend dragged me along) I'll simply sell it on trade for the price of a common core.

still better than the old days where warframe parts is an actual print drop from boss, not from a prize from boss not mission.   

i remember farming out the same jackal node for 3 weeks straight just for rhino part to drop while hopping it not fell off the cliff.