Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Ash Pvp Legal?

Rehtael7

EDIT: Could a moderator please move this to the PvP section? Thank you very much. [Deep Bow]

Maybe it's just the salt talking, but does Ash feel like the most absurdly overpowered frame in PvP?

Dying to bladestorm doesn't feel like I've been outplayed, it just feels like I lost because LOFI-HATERS.jpg

I've tried to find more specific stats on it, but I can't anywhere, though I know that with equinox at full health and shields, she dies in one shot from an absurd range, and around corners. That's not dying because I'm worse than the person who killed me, it's dying because Ash has a target-seeking instakill, and the condition that I need to be mid-air to survive is a bit ridiculous, isn't it?

Now, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but the shuriken actually home in on their targets? Who decided that was fair?

I wouldn't mind more specific stats on Conclave Ash for reference, but I can't find any. From what I can tell, the press-4-to-win mentality isn't lost in Conclave Ash.

Edited by Rehtael7

???

Last I saw, Bladestorm was doing like ~140 damage or something like that. I haven't used it in ages so I couldn't tell you from experience, but that's about how much I always saw on the receiving end. Since it's Finishing damage, however, it ignores armor, making it do a bit more than other abilities. Equinox at full health and shields should be more than fine, though, except for that knockdown at the end that often results in death.

It's also got fairly short targeting range (10m I think) and wonky detection, so it doesn't always activate when it should,, even when people are within range.

The only issues I've got with it are that it knocks down at the end and that it makes Ash invincible for its duration, which basically means you can't fight back at all. Those two things make it easy to use and hard to counter.

Speaking from experience I can tell you that ash is alot weaker in conclave than you're making him out to be BS will rarly ever get me a kill unless the target is significantly weakened so I rarely ever use it if you're dying at full health as equinox then I guess equinox is just weaker than most frames used hovever I've never used BS on an equinox so I woulden't know. As for shuriken It takes ~4 to kill someone at full health so it's really only good as a last resort or to catch someone who's trying to run away I personally find it far more annoying when and Equinox uses rest and then covers me in castanas

I'm surprised they let ultimate kill-alls into a "skill" based PVP game. As an Ash fanboy, I pretty much agree with you. 

If you have a warframe ability that reduces damage you don't get killed, the entire power deals about 500 finisher dmg, Iron Skin can absorb the damage, for example.

Ash Prime is slightly above average yeah, keep playing and learning how to abuse the more "exotic" weapons and frame powers, I had a similar perspective when I started PvPing, nowadays Ash P seems "boring but extremely well rounded" to me and nothing else.

If you are getting blade stormed multiple times in a match that means that that player is getting WAY more energy than he or she should. 

Ash Prime is slightly above average yeah, keep playing and learning how to abuse the more "exotic" weapons and frame powers, I had a similar perspective when I started PvPing, nowadays Ash P seems "boring but extremely well rounded" to me and nothing else.

If you are getting blade stormed multiple times in a match that means that that player is getting WAY more energy than he or she should. 

Yeah, Ash is already moderately powerful in the hands of an average player, but in the hands of a player with incredible skill, one who knows how to steal all the energy orbs and make the most of the map layout and has access to all the Conclave mods, he becomes nearly unstoppable. Low skill floor, high skill ceiling.

Well ive never played conclave since this is a co-op game thought with that mentality, i have no idea why they did release a pvp but thats the main reason why ash is so broken (your words not mine xD never played conclave) its meant to auto target AI enemies while your are relaxed in your chair drinking smt and winning the mision but yeah its absurd in pvp.

I thought most skills werent allowed in conclave, thats stupid... how do you even kill a nix after she is on rampage? Or limbo in the void alone? Or rhino? Or.. wtf is wrong with DE haha why did they make a pvp with skills enabled? xD

Well ive never played conclave since this is a co-op game thought with that mentality, i have no idea why they did release a pvp but thats the main reason why ash is so broken (your words not mine xD never played conclave) its meant to auto target AI enemies while your are relaxed in your chair drinking smt and winning the mision but yeah its absurd in pvp.

I thought most skills werent allowed in conclave, thats stupid... how do you even kill a nix after she is on rampage? Or limbo in the void alone? Or rhino? Or.. wtf is wrong with DE haha why did they make a pvp with skills enabled? xD

Conclave Bladestorm functions differently in PvP. Instead of the cinematic vomit mode, he basically just fires a homing projectile at you that deals damage (to simulate the bladestorm effect.)

There's no restriction of skills in PvP, but there is restriction on frames. Also, Nyx doesn't have any kind of rampage, and I believe limbo is removed. There are different versions of most skills in PvP, and I believe Iron skin is diminished. They didn't just copy-paste PvE into PvP, which is why I advise doing some research before trying to comment on something you haven't interacted with at all.

I haven't touched pvp in this game since dark sectors were killed off but did you ever play back then? Bladestorm worked identically to PVE Bladestorm there, and Shuriken would 1 shot most frames, especially early on. Ash has always been ridiculous in PVP lol

Are you Blocking with Night Form Equinox in Conclave?

Highly recommend using Stand Ground "Blocking Reduces damage taken from Enemy abilities by +60%"

Stand Ground and some other melee mods make it where Abilities are trivialized compared to weapons in Conclave.

Although Bullet Attractor will still kill you and Shield Polarize will still deplete shields... but you are not complaining about Mag.

Ash is more Deadly with a Melee Weapon in hand than Bladestorm in Conclave.

Mag Prime is my go to for large enemies just because her abilities allow her to negate some negative aspects of some Conclave mods.

-Negative that reduces base Shields ....well Shield Polarize still caps at 300 regardless of base Shield being lowered.

-Venomous Rise dealing dealy Toxin on Bullet Jump at Max energy is icing on the cake.

Are you Blocking with Night Form Equinox in Conclave?

Highly recommend using Stand Ground "Blocking Reduces damage taken from Enemy abilities by +60%"

Stand Ground and some other melee mods make it where Abilities are trivialized compared to weapons in Conclave.

Although Bullet Attractor will still kill you and Shield Polarize will still deplete shields... but you are not complaining about Mag.

Ash is more Deadly with a Melee Weapon in hand than Bladestorm in Conclave.

Mag Prime is my go to for large enemies just because her abilities allow her to negate some negative aspects of some Conclave mods.

-Negative that reduces base Shields ....well Shield Polarize still caps at 300 regardless of base Shield being lowered.

-Venomous Rise dealing dealy Toxin on Bullet Jump at Max energy is icing on the cake.

Mag still pisses me off, but at least shield polarize doesn't instantly kill me.