Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The Reduce Off Grindwalls Promise ?

TeaBegging

After a huge burn out break I came back to the game when update 18 was released. I was overly hyped to try out so many new stuff. But I realised that things went downhill on the way getting those new items. I understand that some should be diffucult to be obtained. But looking at some off them is just forcing you to buy the frame itself. There was a promise been made begin 2015 and now its dismissed like it never happened. 
Kinda discouraged me to play the game after seen the bigger grindwalls than ever.

you do not know what a grind wall is if you think something in Warframe is.

Go play some EVE online or play Gw2 and craft a couple legendary weapons without buying anything. See you in a few years :)

the trick is to not go crazy and try and get everything right then and there. Play for the combat and mechanics and not to just acquire all the things. guaranteed you will take a lot longer to burn out.

Edited by OvAeons

DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE THIS EASY, TENNO?

welcome back though, don't let it discourage you. at least if the Grindwall is bigger, you'll take longer to burn out, right?

Not really it will force me to do same missions over and over to obtian whats behind there. Making it far worse then before so I'll think it would be faster.

i have mixed feelings about this. but at the same time i do not see the decrees in the grind. and a lot of useless item rewords for working your butt off/ none challenging repetitive missions. that is to say that its not like their not bad missions. I find this game supper fun when i am not farming. but very unsatisfying when i feel i want something/ so i do not know what the DEVS want but i will post my idea.

Go play some EVE online or play Gw2 and craft a couple legendary weapons. See you in a few years :)

the trick is to not go crazy and try and get everything right then and there. Play for the combat and mechanics and not to just acquire all the things. guaranteed you will take a lot longer to burn out.

Euhm, There is a reason why I don't play those games. The combat and mechanics have been always here the hype starts with the new stuff. How can you enjoy something that you haven't get hold off and got you hyped in the first place ?

I would like if anyone could link to that legendary promise to reduce grind that gets posted all time. I have not seen it and I am starting to doubt it's existence at all.

Not really it will force me to do same missions over and over to obtian whats behind there. Making it far worse then before so I'll think it would be faster.

It is actually getting better rather than worse if this is your problem. Spy missions for Ivara is not limited for one tileset as it is for usual frames and Nezha is in sorties which varies lot. So it is getting better over time rather that worse. None of last three frames released force you to run same missions over and over.

Go play some EVE online or play Gw2 and craft a couple legendary weapons without buying anything. See you in a few years :)

I long since considered gw2 the best mmo ever and played it since beta up until recently...then hot changed all that and they too are going the f2p direction with heavy emphasis on MTs and little actual free content, and what there is for free is all locked behind massive time/skill/money gates. Oddly enough, I paid 140 bucks for that expansion to find this out so after 3 years I just uninstalled it today; never again anet. Anyways, you can buy legs in gw2 straight up for around what 300 bucks? Even less if you do smart shopping/crafting so that grind can be completely avoided with a credit card...just like here!

On topic, yea grind is real here now...not less, 10x worse but that's just how the industry as a whole is going now so unless people start boycotting such practices instead of encouraging it; nothing will change. W/e, wf is still tame compared to some games like GW2 as this fellow says so it indeed can be even more terrible.

Edited by fizbit

It's getting worse, and it will keep getting worse. People are calling them out on it every single time, but they never acknowledge our disatisfaction. They broke their promise, and they don't care what we think about it. At least that's what their action says.

Edited by Zareek

It's getting worse, and it will keep getting worse. People are calling them out on it every single time, but they never acknowledge our disatisfaction. They broke their promise, and they don't care what we think about it. At least that's what their action says.

Link to promise please?

Was it actual promise or just we are going to try to reduce grind with if we can without impacting income implied?

They did not say "We promise to reduce grinding", it was more of a "it's definately not our intention". Which implies that their vision for the game is not a massive grindfest. Every action they have taken since then has gone the exact opposite direction. So it's not a direct broken promise, but more of a "we are going to say what you want to hear, then continue to do what we always did" thing, which is still a viable reason for the players to feel betrayed.

They did not say "We promise to reduce grinding", it was more of a "it's definately not our intention". Which implies that their vision for the game is not a massive grindfest. Every action they have taken since then has gone the exact opposite direction. So it's not a direct broken promise, but more of a "we are going to say what you want to hear, then continue to do what we always did" thing, which is still a viable reason for the players to feel betrayed.

But grind is being reduced in a way, Hydroid and Mesa are quite a bit easier to get, Nitain doesn't require grind, sorties are limited to one day so you can't even grind if you wanted to.

After a huge burn out break I came back to the game when update 18 was released. I was overly hyped to try out so many new stuff. But I realised that things went downhill on the way getting those new items. I understand that some should be diffucult to be obtained. But looking at some off them is just forcing you to buy the frame itself. There was a promise been made begin 2015 and now its dismissed like it never happened. 

Kinda discouraged me to play the game after seen the bigger grindwalls than ever.

Only available for Plat players. IMO DE thinks the grindwall isn't enough so they put timewall in it. Especially Archwing, difficult and tedious missions are the reasons why people hate it.

Edited by VCaptiion

But grind is being reduced in a way, Hydroid and Mesa are quite a bit easier to get, Nitain doesn't require grind, sorties are limited to one day so you can't even grind if you wanted to.

Nitain is limited to 4 a day, and if you by some means can not play for long everyday, you might miss all 4 for several days. That means obtaining all the nitain you need could potentially take weeks. Sorties are limited to 1 reward a day, which is fine considering the high end loot. But to smack a new frame in between all the other loot, when many people dont even want Nezha, and some people REALLY wanting Nezha is just stupid. As you said yourself, people can't grind for her even if they wanted to.

Grind by its own definition might not be the only issue here, but also the way they make it impossible to proceed without relying heavily on RNG and restriction upon restriction. 

Edit:as VCaptiion said so nicely: "Timewall".

Edited by Zareek

Nitain is limited to 4 a day, and if you by some means can not play for long everyday, you might miss all 4 for several days. That means obtaining all the nitain you need could potentially take weeks. Sorties are limited to 1 reward a day, which is fine considering the high end loot. But to smack a new frame in between all the other loot, when many people dont even want Nezha, and some people REALLY wanting Nezha is just stupid. As you said yourself, people can't grind for her even if they wanted to.

Grind by its own definition might not be the only issue here, but also the way they make it impossible to proceed without relying heavily on RNG and restriction upon restriction. 

Edit:as VCaptiion said so nicely: "Timewall".

At least 4 a day, 4 are minimum, I only play at most 2 hours after work on avarage and I can manage to get at least one. If you get Nezha and don't want it then sell it, it is tradable. If they REALLY want Nezha then spending Plat as usual for REALLY wanting will not be problem.

Restrictions are needed for free to play as otherwise there is no reason to spend money.

At least 4 a day, 4 are minimum, I only play at most 2 hours after work on avarage and I can manage to get at least one. If you get Nezha and don't want it then sell it, it is tradable. If they REALLY want Nezha then spending Plat as usual for REALLY wanting will not be problem.

Restrictions are needed for free to play as otherwise there is no reason to spend money.

Of course there needs to be restrictions. Im not trying to deny that. I'm not trying to tell you that your vision of an acceptable grind is wrong either, but I personally think they have gone overboard with some of the things, like Nitain. Alert grinding is frowned upon by a lot of players. The fact they also hide everything behind some pretty bad RNG is also a big no to many of us. There a so many ways they could allow us to steadily farm something and feel that we are actually making progress.

Hence why timewall > grindwall in my opinion.

Take Ivara for instance. I said this before to many others and I will say it again. Some people do hundreds of spy runs without getting anything. That of course is an extreme scenario but appearntly it's happening. I did a lot of runs myself before getting the individual pieces, to the point where I felt downright anxious at times, just forcing myself through another spy mission, because I didn't want to spread out the farm to months.

The only positive side of this in my opinion, is that getting the pieces felt extremely rewarding. The frame itself is really good, and also really fun to play, so it's not like you don't get rewarded by the end of it, but the process was dreadful. So unnecessarily long if you ask me. And those spy missions were only step 1. Then you needed to rely on alert RNG also, and beg to God that you were online when those alerts popped up.

Edited by Zareek

I genuinely don't see what's the big deal. I've never had much luck with the drop tables in this game, but there are always alternatives ie trading. If you hate route they've given you, farm a sector you like and sell the stuff you manage to get.

Everyone loves to complain that DE has become greedy but at the end of the day, it's a company not a charity. They've actually done an awesome job keeping all the core content of this game free...

Of course there needs to be restrictions. Im not trying to deny that. I'm not trying to tell you that your vision of an acceptable grind is wrong either, but I personally think they have gone overboard with some of the things, like Nitain. Alert grinding is frowned upon by a lot of players. The fact they also hide everything behind some pretty bad RNG is also a big no to many of us. There a so many ways they could allow us to steadily farm something and feel that we are actually making progress.

Hence why timewall > grindwall in my opinion.

Take Ivara for instance. I said this before to many others and I will say it again. Some people do hundreds of spy runs without getting anything. That of course is an extreme scenario but appearntly it's happening. I did a lot of runs myself before getting the individual pieces, to the point where I felt downright anxious at times, just forcing myself through another spy mission, because I didn't want to spread out the farm to months.

The only positive side of this in my opinion, is that getting the pieces felt extremely rewarding. The frame itself is really good, and also really fun to play, so it's not like you don't get rewarded by the end of it, but the process was dreadful. So unnecessarily long if you ask me. And those spy missions were only step 1. Then you needed to rely on alert RNG also, and beg to God that you were online when those alerts popped up.

Yes, RNG is bad, not particularly enjoying it myself, but you also need only one Ivara. After you have farmed her you won't need to farm Ivara +2 and then Ivara +3, unless Ivara Prime comes out. So devs have rather limited amount of content that they are trying to prevent players to blast right through.

i understand you, BUT (Not as well as, has to mentioned): they reduced times, rounds and a lot more, lets say for 30 to 50 %, i dont like that, when i farm i wanna farm long for getting a lot of stuff

right now i have to run the double to get the needed amount of things and how i get them before half a year or around a year, this is because of threads like this ..., i dont like that ...

HAHAHAHAHA (in vay heks voice) DE would never do something that would greatly affect their profits, they introduced ivara, nehza and wukong and each of them require lengthy amounts of farming especially the first 2. I will never support this business practice and so should you guys, it's not good to make too much grind, grind where it's not an asanine amount of resources or doing the same mission is fine but upwards of 100+ or even 50+ Of the same mission is too damn much

Edited by (PS4)ArgusTheMan