The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Not Liking Loki Deluxe Skin?

Drag0nChaser

I didn't like the look of the loki prime skin either in the devstream. However, when i bought it, equipped it and added the personal touches to it it grew on me. I'm not saying i like it as much as previous deluxe skins, but i also don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Just my two cents.

I didn't like the look of the loki prime skin either in the devstream. However, when i bought it, equipped it and added the personal touches to it it grew on me. I'm not saying i like it as much as previous deluxe skins, but i also don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Just my two cents.

I agree with this, but i was disappointed in the fact that putting the skin on a Loki Prime caused some syandanas to look like they are floating multiple inches off his back. They really should fix that.

I'm pretty sure the feeling will be the same for Trinity's geisha skin. We juste can't have the same as the concept art. And for "simple" skins like those, the posture and détails of the drawing will create something false about the feeling about the skin.

Imo they should maybe put in a new animation set packed with those skins, to really match the concept arts... Instead of skins and cosmetics (yeah I trade a lot, so I can buy the pack, but everybody isn't wasting as much time as me playing tradeframe simulator x) )

I don't like it, I'll never use the helmet because I have the old arcane ones that I use. I only really bought it for the accessories because I think they look nice. The skin is like they tried shoving someone into something that's too sizes too small.

Edited by TheGuyverOne

Bought it and after using it for a while, I have to say this is the worst deluxe skin/model. Don't really like the PBR of reptilian texture and should have used a cloth-like fabric PBR for the shoulder/head. Not just the torso, but the whole model could still use a slim down. 

Edited by vegtro

I'm pretty sure the feeling will be the same for Trinity's geisha skin. We juste can't have the same as the concept art. And for "simple" skins like those, the posture and détails of the drawing will create something false about the feeling about the skin.

Imo they should maybe put in a new animation set packed with those skins, to really match the concept arts... Instead of skins and cosmetics (yeah I trade a lot, so I can buy the pack, but everybody isn't wasting as much time as me playing tradeframe simulator x) )

We might be safe on the Trin skin (rejoice!). If you check out mogamu's video on his visit to DE's studios, he shows a 3d model of it and it, like the rhino skin, does justice to the 2d sketch. I will DEFINITELY pick that one up.

As for actual reponse to the OP: I too was disappointed when I saw it on devstream as the skin looked plastic-y and the body shape seemed disproportionate. However, when I used my color scheme it actually looked decent. I have yet to actually buy it, but I might do so later on if I have extra plat.

I didn't like the armor or the Loki skin itself. Made me think he accidentally installed the wrong systems in a Saryn chassis and just decided to roll with it. Sure, the weapon skin is kinda nice but that is the only part of the pack I care for. There is no accounting for taste but considering I liked the other deluxe skins enough to throw plat at them, that is saying something.