Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To "nerf" The Kunai, And Make Them Fun.

ecchi-tomodachi

As much I I love them I have to admit they are braking the game for me, but reducing the attack power is not enough so I propose this:

Reduce rate of fire and change to semi auto.

Add a charge attack that throws all renaming knives in a wide arc.

Reducing rate of fire?.... No @(*()$ way. Semi Auto with a Charge Attack though? I'm up for that!

I have to agree with changing them to semi auto.

They feel like they should be anyway.

A hail of knives charge attack would be nice but may still be considered OP since they would be the only secondary with a charge attack.

I would nerf the kunai, but I wouldnt give it a hard nerf, I would advise the developers of the game for example to nerf the base damage by 5 and increase the reload speed by 0.1-0.3 seconds

I know a lot of people are going to complain, but the kunai are really strong at the moment.

Nerf the ammo count as well, since there can't possibly be 200+ knives in those two pouches.

Nah just the reload.

I would nerf the kunai, but I wouldnt give it a hard nerf, I would advise the developers of the game for example to nerf the base damage by 5 and increase the reload speed by 0.1-0.3 seconds

I know a lot of people are going to complain, but the kunai are really strong at the moment.

Exactly, just increasing the reload speed would decrease a bit their ultra OP dps for a "sidearm" as their supposed to be a silent weapon they have to have increased damage so they can kill in one hit.

By the way guys, I know you are might be a bit upset because the kunai and despair are extremely reliable, but remember, they could either buff all weapons or nerf all weapons to the same level, if they buff them, the enemies wont be a challenge anymore, therefore the game no longer is fun, if they only tweak a few of the strong points of the weapon, it still will be reliable and effective in the right hands.

By the way guys, I know you are might be a bit upset because the kunai and despair are extremely reliable, but remember, they could either buff all weapons or nerf all weapons to the same level, if they buff them, the enemies wont be a challenge anymore, therefore the game no longer is fun, if they only tweak a few of the strong points of the weapon, it still will be reliable and effective in the right hands.

Just buff the enemies...

Nerf the ammo count as well, since there can't possibly be 200+ knives in those two pouches.

Guess you've never used cheap throwing knives. Its not a kabar, its a piece of flat bunched metal with a honed edge. They dont need to be thick, in fact the thinner the better. I could see shoving 200 pieces of metal into the pouches. As far as nerfing them, I vote no. Are they sick and somewhat OP? Damn skippy. But considering I use a bow as my primary, I need a backup that hits like a primary and has near the same fire rate. And dont tell me to use afuris or viper. They suck. Seriously.

Compare them to other strong secondary weapons though and you'll find that they really aren't particularly OP. Their DPS is lower than akimbo weapons, they're not as accurate or damaging as a lex or kraken, and they take considerably more skill to use than most of the other secondaries.

A gun being "strong" isn't a reason to nerf. It's only when something gets so strong that it trivializes content that it is OP. Example: Nyx's old Chaos ability, or the original sniper-Hek. Nobody's put forward a reason for why Kunai are as OP as sniperhek or chaos.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

The entire ammunition system needs to change, not just for the Kunai/Despair. As far as damage, this weapon is fine. Akbolto still have more DPS and they ignore armor as well.

The Kunai are fine. I leveled them to 30, used them for a bit then went back to Akbolto/Lex. They don't need a damage reduction, but they do need ammunition adjustments. The fully automatic argument I will agree on. If Akbolto isn't fully automatic then this shouldn't be either. It doesn't make much difference in any case but at least keep it consistent.

Currently ammunition is no argument for anything. One can always have multiple ammo boxes for whatever ammo they get short quickly, making more economic weapons not as big of an advantage. One ammo box costs a grand. What's that when I'm sailing over 3m Credits. I'm pretty sure ~4 or so ammo boxes are more than sufficient for anything you will play, even if you are a bit trigger happy.

Charge Damage for the knives could be explored I suppose. We already have charge damage on main weapon(Paris/Dread), it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to put it on a sidearm.

The entire ammunition system needs to change, not just for the Kunai/Despair. As far as damage, this weapon is fine. Akbolto still have more DPS and they ignore armor as well.

The Kunai are fine. I leveled them to 30, used them for a bit then went back to Akbolto/Lex. They don't need a damage reduction, but they do need ammunition adjustments. The fully automatic argument I will agree on. If Akbolto isn't fully automatic then this shouldn't be either. It doesn't make much difference in any case but at least keep it consistent.

Currently ammunition is no argument for anything. One can always have multiple ammo boxes for whatever ammo they get short quickly, making more economic weapons not as big of an advantage. One ammo box costs a grand. What's that when I'm sailing over 3m Credits. I'm pretty sure ~4 or so ammo boxes are more than sufficient for anything you will play, even if you are a bit trigger happy.

Charge Damage for the knives could be explored I suppose. We already have charge damage on main weapon(Paris/Dread), it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to put it on a sidearm.

So long as they can stay assault like I don't mind...

They are very lovely when I'm swarmed and need to fend off attackers.

Compare them to other strong secondary weapons though and you'll find that they really aren't particularly OP. Their DPS is lower than akimbo weapons, they're not as accurate or damaging as a lex or kraken, and they take considerably more skill to use than most of the other secondaries.

A gun being "strong" isn't a reason to nerf. It's only when something gets so strong that it trivializes content that it is OP. Example: Nyx's old Chaos ability, or the original sniper-Hek. Nobody's put forward a reason for why Kunai are as OP as sniperhek or chaos.

You could be right about it, I have tried the kunai a few times and using them long range can be a bit hard if enemies are running in one direction and not towards you, I guess we have to wait and see what they want to do.

Not 100% sure about removing the automatic firerate for the kunai, I would whoever add it to the akbolto at one point.

Why are we nerfing the Kunai again? Because they're too cool for school?

If you really want to nerf the Kunai, remove one polarity. Leave the rest alone.

But again.... why? There isn't anything exceptionally awesome about them. As noted earlier, they aren't as accurate as my AKBolto or Lex (regardless of numbers) and they have a long travel time as it is making long distance attacks very difficult. My modded Braton puts down a boss much faster than the Kunai in my experience.

These are a mid-range weapon best used when running past enemies with a quick throw or on stationary targets needing AP.

Edit: On paper Attack speed vs damage the DPS is very similar with Lex... unmodded. Without the Lex accuracy.

Edited by simeo77

Breaking the game ? lol no, feels like that becouse the others weapons are crap, the devs need to fix that.

Are you saying they are crap in general or compared to Kunai and Despair?

Fact is the other pistols are not crap. Most people prefer dual pistols, but the single ones (Lex, Bronco, Kraken) all perform well and can be used to compliment your main gun's weaknesses. That's the real reason theowing knives are overtuned. They have no real weakness.

I agree with the above that said the real way to fix them is a longer reload time.