The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] A Reason Why Multiple Persons Don't Like The....

Cosmedian

Operators. They are cute or whatever. I'm not that much of a kid fan. But his isn't the point of the post.

After playing the new quest multiple friends of said, that something about them annoys them, but they don't know what. After a bit of consideration I thought of something most of my friends agree with:

They have too much personality (wich can't be chosen).

For example they call Grineer ugly, hates on the Corpus and are disgusted by the Infested. This may be justified but there are multiple players seeing them as interesting or wish to be their allies. Though this certainly won't happen, the Operator is the players avatar in this world. He should represent his thoughts, a character the player would like him to have etc.. But instead everyone has this childish - you know- childs.

Just something me and my friends thought, you can add your thoughts to this or say why you disagree.

Edit: I see my post is here two times; I just posted it once, Idk what happened. Maybe it's just me.

Edited by Xilrus

Personalities that we can select have been highly requested. For me the thing that drives me nuts is the lines like "We will do this" or "let's be careful" etc. When you're not in squad- the only things you could be doing are talking to your warframe which is not even alive/thinking, or talking to... yourself. Which yes people commonly do but the way they say it is a bit.. different I guess.

Also there are some lines that make no sense. "So corpus are like a cult, that worships money..." or something along those lines. We knew this from our time fighting them. We were asleep- but fully aware of what is going on. We're not "learning" anything new, so those lines have no place in the game...

Well it's always been that way really. We just never had someone saying it as often. The Tenno do not ally themselves with the Grineer, Corpus, or Infested. It's always been that way. The only time we do is when we have no choice. Tenno are here to keep balance, at our or the Lotus' discretion. Not reap war over the remaining humans of the galaxy by siding with one of the factions.

Not exactly what I was thinking when I read the thread title, but interesting.  

It may be kind of cool to be able to choose between personality types, or attitude types.  But I just wonder if DE really would have the time to implement this, or if it would be worth the development time or not. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

You're not wrong, my only remark is that it's still very new and I fully expect that, along with the focus system, the operator's themselves are gonna be the subject of lots of work and attention in the future and that I personally believe personality will be a big thing.

Also, in my personal understanding, the tenno only really keep the peace by making ssure that no one is winning, by that thought, I find it really easy to believe they just hate everyone. That's just me though.

Everyone is kind of reassuming what I (And probably more than 60% of people) Think about the Operators. I'm glad the Operator's dialogue can be turned off, but I'd be happier if I could put a helmet on its face and knowing I don't have to customize it. I loved the quest, and I loved seeing the Operator full dressed and silent.

From my point of view, its lines are a bit nonsense and confusing, and useless. The Operator and its customization is the only thing I didn't like about U18. 

Guess I'll just have to be patient, I'm sure DE will do something about it... Maybe... 

You do know this system was just only introduced. I'm sure more options for dialogue will be added in the future. And as for just who they're talking to...

I got nothing... I could only assume they're speaking to the Warframes themselves... But I don't know.

I for one actually enjoy their banter. It lightens some things up for me. But then again, I do see the reason why opinions would differ.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I just wish they used warframes as armor and was actually in battle not on the ship using a warframe drone. Then I would be more fond of them wich brings me to a concept I was thinking of.

What if we was able to choose one frame as our armor (still can use all frames of course through transference) wich would grant a certain boost maybe more mod points Stat boost focus boost what ever (to go with lore since focus is from being closer to the frames then being in one well would be the best control a tenno could get) wich would lead to certain customizing of our tenno like I would pick rhino so my tenno would be alot taller and muscular etc etc. Just something I think would be cool and make me like the operater

1-shotting a couple of low-level grunts doesn't warrant a "Phew, that was a close one" for me. If the various comments had better context detection so they didn't fire randomly they'd be better. Also, if they didn't make the operator sound like a neglected child instead of a multi-year war veteran inhabiting a child's body I'd tolerate it better too. The random comments at odd times just to say something strikes me as a way of saying "Pay attention to me, please."

The kid just spews stereotypical ideas de had about design, it isnt meant to be your opinion its the opinion de would want you to have.

Look at comment about grineer

"ballistic and arhaic weaponry", well child, your futuristic tenno uses bows, archaic melee weapons. Each of tenno weapons are ballistic.

Also no, it doesnt seem like operator is actually player, he at best provides energy for frame which got its own sentience and powers, it actually didnt require tenno to be conscious, it can act on its own when given energy as seen in last cutscene and worked for a while even after transference was disconnected

Which is strange since it was noteworthy find that powers doesnt come from frame but from tenno and now it turns out that powers come from frames and tenno have their own powers.

Either way lore contradicts itself.

Edited by Davoodoo