Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

20-Min Sortie Survival, L80-100+ Enemies=475 Focus?

FierceRadiance

This is a PATHETIC accrual rate.

I'll still be working on unlocking this lens on my Playstation 6 or my brand-new Quantum Quomputer.

Please tweak this, DE.  I realize that, as end-game content, the leveling pretty much has to be slow.  But this is a reason to ignore the Focus system, not put in time to try and level it.

I really am sorry to say that, as the Focus system is something I've been looking forward to since it was first spoken of.

Worry not, I hear from Steve's twitter that shared affinity not generating focus xp is a bug that will be fixed, but everyone's on holiday so it may be a week or two.  So until then you'll just have to rely on direct kills to generate focus.  I myself managed 36k focus on that sortie with trinity.

Almost made it to 100k focus on the first sortie, glad I waited until the daily reset to do the sorties.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Right now I've just decided to not care about the focus points. I will care when it works properly. Sure it sucks that I'm missing out on thousands of easy points because I want to play with certain frames, but I'd rather use frames I like instead of using the ones that give the most focus points. 

so glad its a bug because there only one effective way to gain focus is using stealth finishers and melees that one shot everything its boring and kinda like draco but for solo players. ,and it also forces you into one particular play style.

Or the Loki Hushed Invisibility Stealth combo with AoE non-sybdicate Launcher

Ogris/Normal Penta/Tonkor

Solo Interception

Keep Stealth Affinity Multiplier going

Also it would have been nice if Focus Lenses scaled conversion with Mastery Rank:

Example each additional MR adds .5% to Lens and 1% to Greater Lens

Because Lens are locked to MR3

Bonus would start from MR4+

MR 4 would be 3% Lens 6% Greater Lens

MR 21 would be 11.5% Lens 23% Greater Lens

Would be nice if there was more incentive to have a high MR.

If cap is still the same regardless of MR. Then a MR 3 player can still get the same amount of Focus as a MR 21 per day, but the MR21 player would do it in less time.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Only affinity that goes into the weapon or frame with the lense has a % converted into Focus.

So if you put it on a warframe with very little killing power from skills you will get very little affinity into that warframe. Some exceptions here are f.e. Valkyrs Hysteria and Excaliburs EB, kills with these skills do not count towards the Warframes affinity. 

Frames that have a great amount of aoe killing potential such as Ember, Saryn, Ash, Mag, and the sorts, will earn a lot of affinity. Ive pulled 43k focus from a Defense Sortie on an Ember, but just 150 focus on a Valkyr for a Interception sortie (despite highest kills and dmg).

The current focus system heavily favors certain frames and weapons.

Only affinity that goes into the weapon or frame with the lense has a % converted into Focus.

So if you put it on a warframe with very little killing power from skills you will get very little affinity into that warframe. Some exceptions here are f.e. Valkyrs Hysteria and Excaliburs EB, kills with these skills do not count towards the Warframes affinity.

Frames that have a great amount of aoe killing potential such as Ember, Saryn, Ash, Mag, and the sorts, will earn a lot of affinity. Ive pulled 43k focus from a Defense Sortie on an Ember, but just 150 focus on a Valkyr for a Interception sortie (despite highest kills and dmg).

I'm getting focus with just spamming EB in sorties. I didn't have lens in Valkyr though.

We have about two weeks at least before focus is changed in any way at all.  People must realize this, its a holiday after all.  But I expect a few dozen more threads to popup on this and other topics that were already mentioned to be in the works in the next two weeks.

I'm getting focus with just spamming EB in sorties. I didn't have lens in Valkyr though.

I am getting Affinity from Greater Lens on WuKong- using Primal Fury for kills

I assume it should be working the same for Valkyr Hysteria and Excalibur Exalted Blade.

(Affinity is even boosted with Naramaon Melee XP passive in Survival/Interception runs)

I think as long as the kills are counted in Profile stats from the Warframe they are safe to be used for Focus Affinity.

Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of the current limitations.  Prolly explains a big reason why I rec'd this tiny amount of Focus points, I was using a Nova Prime, and while it facilitates kills, the Nova frame itself gets nothing if someone else performs the kill or initiates the chain.  So while I helped kill many, I prolly only got credit (affinity) for a mere handful.

Prolly also why my Rhino 'frame also has a tough time accruing points, as his skills are more Defensive- and Support-based, and only his 1) ability actually kills.

With the Focus as it's currently implemented, sounds like it would be a waste of time to put a lens in a Support frame.

This is a PATHETIC accrual rate.

I'll still be working on unlocking this lens on my Playstation 6 or my brand-new Quantum Quomputer.

Please tweak this, DE.  I realize that, as end-game content, the leveling pretty much has to be slow.  But this is a reason to ignore the Focus system, not put in time to try and level it.

I really am sorry to say that, as the Focus system is something I've been looking forward to since it was first spoken of.

Aside from the non-affinity based accumulation which brings out the worst ego-maniacal behavior sometimes, if you experienced a host-migration the counter starts anew each time. Another bug.

so glad its a bug  because there only one effective way to gain focus is using stealth finishers and melees that one shot everything its boring and kinda like draco but for solo players. ,and it also forces you into one particular play style.  

It is not a bug, but intentional design. DE just racked up too many complaints no to listen. And seriously each player trying to accrue the most kills doesn't help a team-centric PvE gameplay.

The 475 is a likely bug, assuming the OP did more than two kills in the game with a focused frame or unit.

It doesn't work with shared exp; you need to make the kills yourself.  

This, also L100 + super duper armor buff will reduce your kill speed massively. If he is referring to the L100 grenier sorti with extra armor, what I think he is, I could barley make 2k+ with Ember already using specific tools to kill cannon fodder very quick and don't take more then 5s per heavy gunner/bombard, still only 382 kills in the hole 20 minutes...

This, also L100 + super duper armor buff will reduce your kill speed massively. If he is referring to the L100 grenier sorti with extra armor, what I think he is, I could barley make 2k+ with Ember already using specific tools to kill cannon fodder very quick and don't take more then 5s per heavy gunner/bombard, still only 382 kills in the hole 20 minutes...

I guess Ash is a good candidate to put a lens on?  Farming an Eximus squad sortie with a dedicated group sounds lucrative, if niche opportunity-wise.  

I guess Ash is a good candidate to put a lens on?  Farming an Eximus squad sortie with a dedicated group sounds lucrative, if niche opportunity-wise.  

You will most likely not find a dedicated group, since the others don't get much focus with that(I used to solo the eximus stronghold defence missions at L80 or L100 for focus points with the old 20 waves, since this was 56k focus in less then 30 minutes).

Ash is kind of limited to massive armor levels, otherwise your kill speed is low. Mag and Ember are your best bets, because a mag is always wanted on trition and people different to drako don't press the extract button after 4 minutes(you lose your gained focus points on host migration and doing it solo does not spawn enough stuff to make it attractive for the focus points). With Ember I just solo dark sector excavation, since it gives more focus then doing the mission in a public game and you don't have to deal with people activating other excavators  that they lose in less then 10s or run to the exit after 400 points, since you need to play over 1.2k to get a useful eximus spawn rate. ODD and ODS also work, but you have to play over 40 minutes/waves and the rewards are honestly a waste of time outside of 1-2 items that literally never drop.

Bottom line, focus farming is best done solo, doesn't matter if you use stealth XP or just play stuff you like to high levels for extra eximus spawns. Triton is really the only exception because people actually play to a bit higher levels if you can carry them in most cases because the rewards in form of keys and cores are worth it.

Edited by Djego27

Bottom line, focus farming is best done solo, doesn't matter if you use stealth XP or just play stuff you like to high levels for extra eximus spawns. Triton is really the only exception because people actually play to a bit higher levels if you can carry them in most cases because the rewards in form of keys and cores are worth it.

Playing Draco DPS isn't suitable IYO?  Gives around 15k per round, gradually increasing (assuming your buffs are adequate.)

Playing Draco DPS isn't suitable IYO?  Gives around 15k per round, gradually increasing (assuming your buffs are adequate.)

Well you lose your focus on host migration, so that means you have to leave when the host leaves or start all over again. The only alternative is playing it solo(where the lower spawn rate only gives you 8k after 4 rounds with a normal lense) or going into recruitment channel. While excavation is a bit slower for the focus gain, the other rewards are better and host migration is very uncommon.

Well you lose your focus on host migration, so that means you have to leave when the host leaves or start all over again. The only alternative is playing it solo(where the lower spawn rate only gives you 8k after 4 rounds with a normal lense) or going into recruitment channel. While excavation is a bit slower for the focus gain, the other rewards are better and host migration is very uncommon.

You have to go into Recruit anyway since pubs don't understand how2draco and average 300ish kills per round instead of 1200.  Recruit chat has become pretty cancerous, though.  You kind of need friends to really enjoy the game now. :/