Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta End

crackjunkie

Question

11 answers to this question

Never because with the Beta tag. DE can do whatever they want and evolve the game from there.

This game isn't even complete yet.

Give it a few years maybe. maybe

Correct.

The game is FAAAAAAAAAR beyond the point of a Beta. In a beta, the core systems have been made, and stress testing is being done.

This has already been accomplished LOOOOOONG ago, and is now going through updates and new renditions of older things. That is NOT the premise of being a beta, that is just the premise of an Update. THAT'S ALL.

In theory, Warframe is no longer a Beta game, and hasn't for a long time, but DE keep the beta tag, for as Renz said, it allows them to do whatever they like, without consequence. Even wiping user data! This is why the Beta tag SHOULD be taken off.

Beta testing also includes evaluation for sub-systems, game balance, and weapon fine-tuning to ensure the official release game has the balance the devs want, and no need for any overhauls.

During beta testing, individual characters and weapons are tweaked or even reworked completely to ensure that each fits cohesively into the game universe, and while patches may make adjustments and fix a glitch, core gameplay of each character is ultimately complete.

So, you're saying that Warframe is done, and a few more weapons and frames is the only thing this game needs.

Hilarious.

Correct.

The game is FAAAAAAAAAR beyond the point of a Beta. In a beta, the core systems have been made, and stress testing is being done.

This has already been accomplished LOOOOOONG ago, and is now going through updates and new renditions of older things. That is NOT the premise of being a beta, that is just the premise of an Update. THAT'S ALL.

In theory, Warframe is no longer a Beta game, and hasn't for a long time, but DE keep the beta tag, for as Renz said, it allows them to do whatever they like, without consequence. Even wiping user data! This is why the Beta tag SHOULD be taken off.

To be fair, when they add new content, they have to stress-test that as well, which I believe still falls under the Beta guidelines. Relays are a good example.

I don't really see the game itself as 'beta', rather 'sub-alpha', but the new content that gets added to it is, in it's own sense, a form of beta.

Aside from that, honestly, staying in beta is the best legal action they can hold as of right now. It keeps them from getting sued left and right for drastic changes, since there are people testy enough to do things like that.. It's a safety net in a way, and a smart one. :P

I honestly think that U18 would've been a great place to end Beta.

To me, the Beta tag has always been more of an invitation to us. Beta means that we're Beta testers. It's an invitation to help and offer feedback to shape future developments. Obviously we could continue to do so after it left Beta, but the environment is constructed around as it is with Beta.

I sort of resented the development of U18 being kept so secretive. This development vaccum - completely free of our thoughts and criticisms - was not congruent with the concept of 'Beta'. Now that it's out, obviously I understand the reaction that they were striving for - and that's fine - but it's still a big no-no for Beta. If they're so confident they can deliver a good experience without us, that's when it leaves Beta as far as I'm concerned.

Additionally - without spoiling much - the revelations from U18, makes it such a launching point for the game. There's no limit of options to go from here. U18 wasn't an ending point for Warframe, it was a starting point. I think it would have made a splendid starting point for the official launch of Warframe.

So yeah. Missed your opportunity there, DE.