Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Melee Weapons.

Etrael

Are there plans for Syndicate melee weapons? And just to poke your brains, what would you like to see for each Syndicate?

Personally I could see the following:

Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Galatine. I feel it suits the arbiters logo, but considering we JUST got a new heavy blade. Perhaps a Telos Nikana? That being said the New Loka and Red Veil have just as strong a claim to the Nikana IMO.

Cephalon Suda: Synoid Ankyros. Honestly just pulled this one off the top of my head.

The Perrin Sequence: Secura Serro. Already a Prova variant, and this is another Corpus melee weapon.

Red Veil: Ratka Ether Reaper. Because there needs to be a good scythe.

Steel Meridian: Vaykor Halikar. Just kinda picked a uncommon grineer weapon. Not gonna argue with a Jat Kittag though :)

New Loka:  Sancti Redeemer. Or perhaps a pair of daggers.

What do you guys think?

honestly, I'd prefer if the RV had a Rakta Glaive...1) it has more slash damage to keep with the rest of their weapons (impact cernos, puncture ballistica) and 2) its a thrown silent weapon, which imo makes more sense for an assassin syndicate. (only reason im so for the RV is because thats great for stealth...well, at least until DE FIXES THE PROCS ALERTING ENEMIES....and not insta killing them from stealth imo :P)

Edited by xcynderx

Arbiters of Hexis: some sword, Telos Galatine perhaps

Cephalon Suda: probably some kind of projected energy weapon would suit their pattern of using new original weapons

The Perrin Sequence: Secura Serro, not alot of Corpus origin melee weapons

Red Veil: Rakta Glaive would suit their style imo and a thrown melee weapon would create some diversity

Steel Meridian: Vaykor Jat Kittag or Amphis seem appropriate

New Loka:  Sancti Venka or Fang would be suitable imo, but could be anything

I don't think anything has been confirmed but I'd be surprised if we didn't see them at some point in the next year. 

My thoughts on what they should be:

Arbiters:  I'm all for the idea of a Telos Galatine.  That just sounds awesome and I feel they need a straight bladed, double edged sword to fit their sigils, rather than a curved and/or single edged sword.

Suda:  Hopefully a third new weapon of Cephalon origin.  Possibly a thrown melee although they already have a mod for the Kestrel.

Perrin:  I'd rather see Obex or Lecta than Serro.  Serro was a good 'weapon' but it's lore is that it is a repurposed tool turned into an improvised weapon by rebel workers and then Tenno and I don't see that as being an honoured weapon to be gifted to the Tenno who have aided them.

Veil:  Glaives, daggers, scythes, claws or even a longsword or heavy axe could work.  Anything that evokes either assassin or executioner.

Meridian:  I'd like a Jat Kittag as it's one of the few non-syndicate weapons I still use but Amphis, Machete or Sheev could work if buffed enough.

Loka:  Should probably be something elegant with organic styling and curves, like most Tenno weapons.  Orthos, Tonbo, Venka, Fang or Pangolin Sword could all work.  (I love the look of the Pangolin Sword and really want an excuse to use it other than it's pretty.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...