The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Handshakes

Stingray321

This morning I had a moment where I did a handshake with someone in the dojo. While the handshake was active when they disconnected and I spawned back into the dojo inside a turtle, constantly looping the animation. This describes my feeling pretty well:

https://youtu.be/pB-5XG-DbAA?t=1m4s

Anyway, on to the real discussion here; handshakes, my experience of the so far. Sometimes I like to give a handshake at extraction while waiting around and more often than not the other player doesn't have one equipped or straight up doesn't know what one is. Furthermore, when the other person does have it equipped, I would say 8/10 times I do a handshake the animation does not function properly (I do know that it is difficult to get these things synced but I wanted to point it out). So with all these factors considered - including the glitch I mentioned earlier - I asked myself (in my head of course): What is the point of these things? I mean, they are a neat little gimmick when they work but in my eyes I don't see any reason why they should be in the emoji set right now, given the bugs.

So I want to ask those who read this: - Do you equip the handshake emoji?

- Do you experience the bugs I've described?

- How would you improve the system?

Thanks for reading,

- Sting

i equip them just because i want to see all of them. it would be nice if the could somehow "lock" the frames involved int he hand shake into certain positions in front of each other or just make the initiating area in front of the frame more picky. but the same problem exists with hack consoles too; you can hack next to the console instead of having to be in front of it. i imagine the handshake is formatted much the same way. 

• 1 month later...