Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

On 10/11/2016 at 0:00 PM, dodorichard said:

I hate Hitsu San, he keeps on making me spend money to buy his amazingly beautiful skins. And I HAPPILY spend real money to buy them and support this amazing artist.

Thank you XD

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

im actually curious to see a ember skin from you .. she really..hasnt had much love in tennogen 

I know but i don't want to make a reskin for ember ^^ i'd like to make a totally new one and i never have time to stop and make a concept for it to show cause it takes quite some time and effort to make something worth presenting (cause i'm always working on the new skins all the time) but i actually have more than a cool idea in mind. One day... if i'll get permission...

2 hours ago, Shadow8600 said:

Ember, Rhino, Mesa, Ivara, Limbo, Banshee, all of these could use some Hitsu awesomeness. Seriously cannot wait until the Ash one is approved (and it better damn well be).

At least two of those could be somewhere close (early 2017) ^^

On 10.10.2016 at 9:43 AM, Kyotra said:

I don't get why people say it does work because of the aesthetics. We got another Tennogen helm with a Jello beard that looks like a Christmas decoration, if that made it I doubt the crown is what's holding this back.

Oh man, don't remind me of that thing. You are absolutely right.

3 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

I know but i don't want to make a reskin for ember ^^ i'd like to make a totally new one and i never have time to stop and make a concept for it to show cause it takes quite some time and effort to make something worth presenting (cause i'm always working on the new skins all the time) but i actually have more than a cool idea in mind. One day... if i'll get permission...

Dude, put that concept together, like, pronto. Don't ask DE if you can make it when you have nothing in hand, plan it out ahead of time and then show them the concept--THAT is how you will convince them to let you make it. Don't wait too long, DE has shown they are rolling fast with premium skins and you might miss the chance.

1 hour ago, Kyotra said:

Dude, put that concept together, like, pronto. Don't ask DE if you can make it when you have nothing in hand, plan it out ahead of time and then show them the concept--THAT is how you will convince them to let you make it. Don't wait too long, DE has shown they are rolling fast with premium skins and you might miss the chance.

Maybe. On the other hand DE is not hiring freelance artists to make their models right not (or so it seems as far as i know) so it would just be a waste of time, especially since if i have to do it without not even a hint of interest in the thing from DE i would just do it for myself to have fun and i don't need to make a presentation ready concept for myself. And since i will be doing a model to have fun i probably will make something totally different from what i'm currently doing to take a break a little so it won't be a warframe themed thing for sure. The main problem is that i don't want to take a break lol ^^ I've got so many warframes to work on that it will be a waste to just do something else. So my best current option is to keep doing what i'm doing, if in the future we will be able to make full fledged models the first one will be ember and if DE takes a little interest in the possibility then it's going to be very different ;)

Though i'm already trying to step the game up as always with the next skin XD We'll see if DE will budge at least to this (probably not)

1 hour ago, Stonehenge said:

Very curious to see what would you do with Banshee and Valkyr. I feel and incredibly strong awesomeness in the Force .

I'll tell you what, nothing XD nah i'm joking, probably Valkyr would be cool, who knows, still haven't decided who's after Nyx.

9 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Damn!  That texture mapping is awesome.  Now, just do me a favor Master Hitsu.  Hook us up with Ivara, please.

Thanks! It's going to be even better probably next week ;) We'll see about Ivara...

9 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i just wonder at how to do the metal ones...

Uhm? What do you mean?

On 10/10/2016 at 5:22 AM, Rurabomber said:

I bet it's because of that crown. In my eyes it looks too simple, too clean and doesn't fit Warframe style.

Going by Style DE have come up with a skin that looks like a butterfly fell through a rose bush and one that walks about on hockey sticks. Given where some of the forthcoming ones seems to be going a Crown on the helm should be the least of anyone's concerns.

9 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Going by Style DE have come up with a skin that looks like a butterfly fell through a rose bush and one that walks about on hockey sticks. Given where some of the forthcoming ones seems to be going a Crown on the helm should be the least of anyone's concerns.

In the end it's not what it is like most people thinks, the point it's just how it's made ;)

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:30 AM, Azrael said:

You know, this is kind of true. Like "well of course I'm wearing a hitsuSan, but I'm sure there are some nice skins for plat as well."

Or "I'm still building my collection of hitsuSans."

Or "That skin is nice, but I think I'll wait for a hitsuSan."

:)

I'm just now seeing this post. It's somewhat true for me. Especially in regards to waiting for him to do Ivara, and how having his Mag skin made me play Mag more.

Dang it Hitsu! You made me spend money and enjoy doing it. That's just evil. Keep up the good work my fellow Tenno. I fully support all your efforts regardless of how they piss off my wallet while making me happy.

9 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm just now seeing this post. It's somewhat true for me. Especially in regards to waiting for him to do Ivara, and how having his Mag skin made me play Mag more.

Dang it Hitsu! You made me spend money and enjoy doing it. That's just evil. Keep up the good work my fellow Tenno. I fully support all your efforts regardless of how they piss off my wallet while making me happy.

Will do ;)

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

not so much color , but how that metallic effect is placed onto the model 

sorry if im confusing , i dont know the terminology 

It's a texture. In Maya and most 3D software. It one of the easier textures to do because it usually doesn't use any bump maps. It's mostly all settings in how the texture behaves with light and glossy effects. Depending on the program used(Maya, 3D Studio, etc.) metal can be a very easy effect to achieve.

It the other textures and then mapping them to separate areas that shows Hitsu's texturing skill. Modeling I have down. My weakness is textures. So I can truly appreciate how much work the Emperor Frost skin involved.

The metallic effect in pbr it's determined by 2 textures (3 actually, 4 in warframe if we count the fact that the color schemes can change the metal materials into matte if you chose a super dark color sometimes) but in short yeah it's a texture on top of the model ^^ nothing too much abstract.

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

not so much color , but how that metallic effect is placed onto the model 

sorry if im confusing , i dont know the terminology 

These days, the material properties can be easily done if you have access to software like substance painter/ designer or quixel.  You can set your tints to determine the material types.  Before, you would have to manually make a metallic texture through a spec map or some sort of reflection or environment map, but this leaves a lot of inconsistencies. With substance and quixel, there's already a predetermined value that works.  Depending on the engine, these values might vary, that's why there's an evolution shader that you can use in Substance for Tennogen to preview the materials.

6 hours ago, raydog said:

that's why there's an evolution shader that you can use in Substance for Tennogen to preview the materials...

...that gives you a completely different look from Tennogen, which is still different too from the game itself XD I wouldn't say it's there for the values.

7 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

...that gives you a completely different look from Tennogen, which is still different too from the game itself XD I wouldn't say it's there for the values.

hmm..wonde rhow ill do this in zbrush core ...

so do you do your entire color /texture in zbrush , rather then sue the tennogen tool to color? 

24 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

hmm..wonde rhow ill do this in zbrush core ...

so do you do your entire color /texture in zbrush , rather then sue the tennogen tool to color? 

Tennogen is not that kind of tool, it doesn't color or do anything except view your models and upload them to steam. You need other programs to paint on your models, better if they can do pbr maps otherwise you'll have to do separate maps manually and it's a pain.

4 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Tennogen is not that kind of tool, it doesn't color or do anything except view your models and upload them to steam. You need other programs to paint on your models, better if they can do pbr maps otherwise you'll have to do separate maps manually and it's a pain.

ah ok i was wondering how that worked ! 

Archived