Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is Valkyr Balanced?

a_cactus

All they need to do is rebalance the entire game.

If having only one frame capable of surviving into high level enemy scaling is the state of the game, then the game needs fixing.

Changing valkyr won't make the game better. It'll just make missions impossible past a certain point.

All they need to do is rebalance the entire game.

If having only one frame capable of surviving into high level enemy scaling is the state of the game, then the game needs fixing.

Changing valkyr won't make the game better. It'll just make missions impossible past a certain point.

Working as intended? You aren't supposed to be able to stay in defense/survival indefinitely. Everything else is do-able without Valkyr, so your argument is moot. 

Not that I dont' agree that enemies aren't a bit absurd with their damage output. (that and their armor values are ridiculous)

Edited by Acos

Whenever I play her I barely even use the ultimate. Getting locked into melee performs horribly in Defense/MD/Interception and on par with every other frame on all the other modes.

But sure, remove her invulnerability, maybe that'll make you feel better. It makes no difference at all and is a waste of time.

And in case you're still living under a rock: Chroma is a beast in terms of offense and defense. Unlike Valkyr, he performs very well in Defense/MD/Interception.

If I'm in view, they stay back and fire, since they have sniper rifles after all.

When I approach, they run for cover. 

Going to have to show footage of them rushing you.

Seeing as I have a clanmate who uses Equinox who frequently has corrupted nullifiers waltz into him when he has stored damage on Maim, then half the room drops out of nowhere for us because of it without warning, along with enclosed areas of corpus maps, they actually will not hesitate from time to time to just walk up to you when you have either a channeled ability active or when you're in some sort of buff or other (Warcry, Hysteria, Rift Walk, Blessing, Link, Defy, etc.).

Whether or not its a "smart" move on their end as AI is up for debate because sometimes its pretty stupid for them, other times its detrimental to the Tenno. (Think Hysteria with stored damage of over 10k or so. Each enemy nearby will multiply the damage dealt back to her on deactivation by 1.5x I think it was, and enemies LOVE to group under Arctic Eximus bubbles and Nullifier bubbles, so expect an instant down from that risk.)

On higher tiers i even see valkys going down.

This is also a thing. So often I hear people whining about Valkyrs going down, then whining about 'how do you even do that you're invincible'. Her shields are terrible, so she's taking health damage constantly. That's what Hysteria is for, recovering the HP damage you're otherwise ALWAYS taking.

Theorycrafting is all well and good for a basis point.

But what is MORE important, is the impact Valkyr is having on the game. Let's have a look at her impact, shall we? She's not explicitly called for in party composition. She can evidently still go down in missions, because outside of Hysteria, her survivability is lackluster. She's good at Survivals and Exterminates, and can deal with them into the late game.

But let's look at what she's baaaaaaad at, yeah? She can't control crowds except by killing them. She has to get TO people to kill them. Getting from person to person is a massive drain on time compared to just pointing your gun.

Due to this, she's bad at Interception. Yes you only need to defend the console, but that's ONE console. Of FOUR. And you can't just sit on your one point ignoring everything else.

She's bad at Defense. Transit to her enemies slows her down too much, she can't kill fast enough to protect it effectively. Mobile Defense, same thing.

She has strengths. She also has weaknesses.

You're asking for her to be nerfed because she's able to handle things you're NOT SUPPOSED to be able to handle, but while she's simultaneously not really breaking anything you ARE supposed to do.

last time i played Valkyr was when that new war cry augment mod came out then havent use her ever since

some people find valkyr OP clawing her way to extraction or u can use other tanky frames that enable you to use other primaries and secondaries

what really matter is you have fun and finish the mission successfully 

as for Valkyr being OP or Immortal ... believe me shes not ... u can do a 1 - 2 hour run in infested map with just her 4 and u still good to go

but i doubt it will be same result in VOID or  especially corpus maps

Hysteria pros:

Invulnerable to damage and status effects

high base damage

can hold the state for extended amounts of time with good mods

takes effects of mods within the original melee weapon

ignores eximus effects while channeled (energy leech, shock, venomous, and arson/caustic auras [does not suffer knockdown]) except arctic

innate lifesteal

"rage aura" can be reduced to deactivate safely

Hysteria cons:

Short range claws

strips you of all weapons

stored damage will inflict a "rage crash" with a multiple of each enemy in range on deactivation

weak to nullifiers and comba/scrambus due to state strip (risk to crash immediately)

not effective against flying enemies (ospreys)

single target with very limited aoe (whatever immediate enemies in front and slightly to the side)

combos can only be gained by warframe level

can only hit at level (unable to strike some weak points like Lephantis and pre-update C. Vor)

reducing "rage aura" reduces effective range of Ripline, Warcry, and Paralysis as well

Should I compare to Wukong's Defy which revives him (at reduced reward each successive revival) as long as he has energy? (Rage + Energy Siphon/Trinity/Sahasa Dig) Which also allows him full access to his arsenal?

Or Chroma's ungodly armor values through Vex Armor + augment?

Why do you want to nerf your tanks? Their role is to take hits that your frame CAN NOT take. They offer a very good form of damage mitigation you can't build and offer a great interception for increasing damage against you with a longer duration.

Don't forget they generate their own hate/aggro/threat to draw it away from you as well. Mirage isn't allowed to take hits from that lv 80 Bombard and god forbid Nova, Volt, or Trinity getting caught by a Napalm or that trashy Sapping Osprey backed up by a Corpus Tech (those op pulses and Supras...)

Edited by (PS4)Foxkid_8

Being invincible isn't really that useful in Warframe. A good player with decent team composition shouldn't have to worry about going down anyway.

This I agree with. I love my Valkyr because I can go "IN YOUR FACE" mode, and not have to worry about being 1HKO'd.

It's just extremely fun.

Also, her damage doesn't fall off that bad. It scales from your melee mods. Me and friend can still one-hit enemies in level 100 corpus sorties with eximus stronghold modifier. Slide attack is the key. It's extremely powerful.

Any CC frame or weapon can do the same thing she does. Only difference is that Valkyr doesn't stun the enemies before.

Edited by S3EK3R

take Excal for example.

Excal

-huge damage

-acceptable energy drain

-long and short range attack

Valkyr

-huge damage

-acceptable energy drain

-short range attack

-immortal

-heal when attack

-self kill AoE

Forgot effective CC in form of Blind for Excal.

Fun fact is how they reworked a nice frame and made it a noob frame. 

eh, the hysteria "problem" was just as bad before. Just not that obvious...

Honestly, my only problem with the ability as Valkyr user is that invincibility on demand with no interactions left for players is really boring...maybe if it offered invincibility windows during specific tasks/moves? Like non-stackable 2 seconds invincibility for each enemy slain or during finishers or something...or maybe if the the point of hysteria was to buff yourself once in a while by slaying enemies with it (gain overshield and energy for your other abilities by killing stuff with your claws?).

Its just terrible mechanic altogether, not because its overpowered(really doesnt matter much in this game) but because it doesnt require any decision making from the player...

T4.

LOL.

Thats a noob mission.

Try a corpus survival mission level 80-100 with waves of corpus nullifers.

T4.

LOL.  

if you actualy watched the vid he had no problem vs any nuliffer cause u can destroy the bubble with melee easily, the same result ill be in corpus missions.

Edited by Dante123pl

A T4 nullifer is not the same as a level 100 nullifier in a sortie, one of many which come in waves, one after the other until the area is saturated with nullifiers.

No, they are not the same.

T4. LOL.  

also the point is not about nullifers and players that cant deal with them i just mentioned BS that ppls claim about valkyr dmg fall offs.

There are plenty of warframes that do insane things that are on the same level as Hysteria. That's the bottom line.

And again, why people want to nerf something in a COOPERATIVE game I'll just simply never understand. If you have a godlike being on your team - that's a GOOD thing...

Edited by Mavor

There are plenty of warframes that do insane things that are on the same level as Hysteria. That's the bottom line.

And again, why people want to nerf something in a COOPERATIVE game I'll just simply never understand. If you have a godlike being on your team - that's a GOOD thing...

Because, then what becomes the motivation to use a different frame? Hydro, Limbo, Mag (non-corpus) ...

T4.

LOL.

Thats a noob mission.

Try a corpus survival mission level 80-100 with waves of corpus nullifers.

T4.

LOL.  

Wait wait wait so corpus is now the only faction that counts for endgame? Am I getting that right? Because in that video, all the enemies were level 100+.

There's 4-ish factions in this game, 3 of which you're completely laughing off as non-factors. Why is that?

(rhetorical question, you couldn't be more transparent if you tried)