Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Armored Core Fans?

EmptyDevil

I've only admittedly played Armoured Core: For answer and Armoured Core V (sort of. Getting parts is frustrating).

Any version would be fine, honestly, so long as I can actually run the thing at all...System requirements can be painful.

Armored Core is a mech game where you play as a mercenary pilot. You basically go on missions to earn credits and use the credits to further customize your mechs. There is also unlockables, hidden items and arena and PVP modes. Armored Core 3 IMO was as good as it got. The rest were kindof cheesed difficulty wise.

Seriously though the customization would make your head spin. In the newer ones if you had too much weight on one side you would fly slanted and weighing too much would slow your flight.. You also had to worry about energy drain health values and if you were using non energy weapons the cost of ammo.

It was the ultimate tinkering game and I loved even the lackluster ones. I would love a PC port and really wish they would make a descent sequel.

Also I still think the opening cinematic are some of the best ever made in videogames.

*Raises Hand*

First Armored Core game I got my hands on was Armored Core Two and since then, I tried to get the rest of them. Sadly, traded AC4/ACFA along with a bunch of games to get an Xboned 1 thinking it was a good idea.

Armored Core is probably one of the better mech games out there - Though, ACV wasn't that good in comparison to 4/For Answer, the series still the idol of my childhood. As for the question itself, Yes, It would be awesome to get the games as PC ports.

Also, Whats not to love about two radically different mechs killing each other in a variety of F***-tastic ways!
Grind Blade, I'm looking at you specifically.

Armored Core is a mech game where you play as a mercenary pilot. You basically go on missions to earn credits and use the credits to further customize your mechs. There is also unlockables, hidden items and arena and PVP modes. Armored Core 3 IMO was as good as it got. The rest were kindof cheesed difficulty wise.

Seriously though the customization would make your head spin. In the newer ones if you had too much weight on one side you would fly slanted and weighing too much would slow your flight.. You also had to worry about energy drain health values and if you were using non energy weapons the cost of ammo.

It was the ultimate tinkering game and I loved even the lackluster ones. I would love a PC port and really wish they would make a descent sequel.

Also I still think the opening cinematic are some of the best ever made in videogames.

Well said. I absolutely loved the tinkering and customization. I would always make a very light-weighted AC with the fastest boosters possible for high mobility and one where i ignored weight warnings and loaded it up with heavy weapons.

Armored Core is probably one of the better mech games out there - Though, ACV wasn't that good in comparison to 4/For Answer, the series still the idol of my childhood. As for the question itself, Yes, It would be awesome to get the games as PC ports.

ACV was the worst in my opinion. AC:VD (it's successor) was immensely better and one of the best. 

AC4A comes as the second best for me.

Yes started at armored core 4 and got 4 answer, love the NEXTs especially Raylenord Aalyiha-03 model. so far the closest mech game i found for pc was project nimbus on steam (titanfail doesn't count, no customization, one three mech types, and the dreaded micro-transactions). But i would love to have PC ports of the entire armor core franchise just to see what else I'm missing out on.

Yes started at armored core 4 and got 4 answer, love the NEXTs especially Raylenord Aalyiha-03 model. so far the closest mech game i found for pc was project nimbus on steam (titanfail doesn't count, no customization, one three mech types, and the dreaded micro-transactions). But i would love to have PC ports of the entire armor core franchise just to see what else I'm missing out on.

If you get the chance pick up a PS2 for cheap and get 3 and Silent Line.

I liked the first and the Tournament episodes of AC.

Never got into the idea of the convoluted storyline, to be honest.

The storyline wasn't what people played AC for. It's the high speed action (minus the elderly walking stick speed "action" of V). Same reason people play EDF.

Never got into the idea of the convoluted storyline, to be honest.

That's a FromSoft thing. Never give out the full storyline and leave some things vague.

The storyline wasn't what people played AC4/4A for. It's the high speed action (minus the elderly walking stick speed "action" of V). Same reason people play EDF.

The previous games were not fast paced. It was slow-medium paced.

That's a FromSoft thing. Never give out the full storyline and leave some things vague.

The previous games were not fast paced. It was slow-medium paced.

AC4/A were fast paced. AC3 was fast paced. Haven't played the others in a loooooooooooong time. But they weren't slow paced, AC is about dodging enemy attacks while landing your own, it's not about taking cover.

How is that slow paced? also the person in the video is using a four legged walker NEXT. IE the slowest in the game, it's a tank NEXT. Actually that's not the best example since the person is sorta cowardly engaging for the most part.

This is a better example:

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

AC4/A were fast paced. AC3 was fast paced. Haven't played the others in a loooooooooooong time. But they weren't slow paced, AC is about dodging enemy attacks while landing your own, it's not about taking cover.

The previous games were slow paced (when you compare with these versions), much more slow than Verdict Day. In Verdict Day, the boosters are almost always on and have no effect on the energy reading, whereas before it was leg movements and those weren't that fast. You and I both know that I'm not referring to AC4/4A. 

Verdict Day isn't always about cover, hell I have never used cover in Verdict Day unless I'm trying to get my bearings or get another read on the target. I use High boost and regular boost in order to keep moving. 

Edited by TheErebus.

The previous games were slow paced (when you compare with these versions), much more slow than Verdict Day. In Verdict Day, the boosters are almost always on and have no effect on the energy reading, whereas before it was leg movements and those weren't that fast. You and I both know that I'm not referring to AC4/4A. 

Verdict Day isn't always about cover, hell I have never used cover in Verdict Day unless I'm trying to get my bearings or get another read on the target. I use High boost and regular boost in order to keep moving. 

AC3 was just as fast paced as 4/4A And if the earlier versions were slower it was probably because of technical limitations of the hardware more than anything. ACV was snails pace compared to 4A, and due to the swarming nature of the enemies it meant cover was pretty much the only option until you could get more powerful parts for your mech. I wouldn't say VD would have been much faster but if it was anything like 4A you could import your existing mechs and that would give the impression of starting with speed. I had to start VD with a default unit because I never bought V knowing it was only a prologue, starting VD with a default unit was hell.

AC3 was just as fast paced as 4/4A And if the earlier versions were slower it was probably because of technical limitations of the hardware more than anything. ACV was snails pace compared to 4A, and due to the swarming nature of the enemies it meant cover was pretty much the only option until you could get more powerful parts for your mech. I wouldn't say VD would have been much faster but if it was anything like 4A you could import your existing mechs and that would give the impression of starting with speed. I had to start VD with a default unit because I never bought V knowing it was only a prologue, starting VD with a default unit was hell.

How long has it been since you played AC3? Cause I played it a few months ago (and I can play it the moment I get home) and it is nowhere near the speed of 4/4A. 

I did import my stuff, but to be fair my previous save from V was garbage. I was a tetrapod with dual gatling guns and I didn't invest in boosters or anything (I was younger and a lot more stupid).

Edited by TheErebus.

How long has it been since you played AC3? Cause I played it a few months ago (and I can play it the moment I get home) and it is nowhere near the speed of 4/4A. 

I did import my stuff, but to be fair my previous save from V was garbage. I was a tetrapod with dual gatling guns and I didn't invest in boosters or anything (I was younger and a lot more stupid).

I last played AC3 years ago, but it has the thrusters that AC4 has, the only things AC4 added were: larger environments, assault armor (white glint chassis only), always on slide boosters (instead of walking), and the overthruster (can't remember the exact name, that's what I call it). And the obvious graphics upgrade. 3 isn't much slower than 4 (untill you factor in the overthruster and high end booster packs), and it's about the same speed as V in terms of movement before thrusters, thrusters in 3 were faster than V.

You can see that 3 wasn't really that slow, even with this setup which isn't the most powerful either.