Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Despise Draco?

(XBOX)Zweimander

Draco did few important things to warframe
1) - Greedy pull nerf (mag) -- players was so lazy to move from their spot so mag great ability was removed (literaly)
2) - Mesa nerf - step on box, hold mouse 1 and you can watch on TV. Obviously it was changed in current form
3) - High MR =/= experienced player - Because of draco you cant quckly check teammate skill, you must go in chat, then profile, Wait until stats load and check played time. Its awful, long, sometime whole game frozen and unpatient players leaving squad because of this.

You will regred this - This is not story game, when you reach max rank there is nothing to do (after you max all mods). You just waiting for new stuff, doing raids with randoms and daily sorite runs. In that moment you realise you lost all fun by bypassing game mechanics.
Sure if you want put 6x formas in you gun, That is ok. But if you claim new weapon and after 20 minutes you sold it without shoot, that is not ok.

I hate to break it to you but there isn't much of a challenge in this game, until you get to the 45+ minute mark of a T4 survival or equivalent for other missions type there is NO fear of dying. Why would I waste my me time (45 minutes +) when I can go to Draco and get more affinity and be done in 20 minutes?

If I need some reward from a tower mission that is the only reason I'm there other, if I want affinity I go to Draco.

Hate to break it to you but I never said anything about a challenge I just said I don't like making it so easy I can go to the store and and be back with no thought of loss.  Sorry but like I said I will never change how I play (not so efficient game becomes a snooze fest) nor do I expect to change you clearly you prefer this way otherwise you find a challenge or don't take easy route.  

Long story short play how you want to play but don't complain if someone disagrees.

1) - Greedy pull nerf (mag) -- players was so lazy to move from their spot so mag great ability was removed (literaly)
2) - Mesa nerf - step on box, hold mouse 1 and you can watch on TV. Obviously it was changed in current form
3) - High MR =/= experienced player - Because of draco you cant quckly check teammate skill, you must go in chat, then profile, Wait until stats load and check played time. Its awful, long, sometime whole game frozen and unpatient players leaving squad because of this.

You will regred this - This is not story game, when you reach max rank there is nothing to do (after you max all mods). You just waiting for new stuff, doing raids with randoms and daily sorite runs. In that moment you realise you lost all fun by bypassing game mechanics.
Sure if you want put 6x formas in you gun, That is ok. But if you claim new weapon and after 20 minutes you sold it without shoot, that is not ok.

Let's be honest High MR never meant much to begin with just means you used more items.  There are lower ranked people who specialize more into certain loadouts with forma that I have watched do much better job than high ranked.  Are all High ranks bad? No.  Are all low ranks better? No.  Point is MR was never a sign of skill, it is how well they do that determines skill.

You forgot Sayrn nerf (re-work)

People hate on Draco because it's like a 180 on what the newbie experiences first getting into warframe (that is, actually moving around, gunning down hordes of dudes as we move through a level, leveling up equipment and mods, etc.)  Somewhere along the way, it stops being about having fun, and more about hyper-efficiency because who plays just to play?  Gotta get them prime parts and that MR...  Speed running normal missions or CC spamming an endless and crying about the game being too easy in either case, or too hard when a wrench is thrown into the hyper-efficient system.  Draco is the latter, it fosters brain-dead game play and rank devaluement.  I'm making that a word now, "devaluement."  Cause convenience.

Draco specifically though renders any and every declaration that the MR system matters and is proof of skill or knowledge effectively false.  Players need only have the weapon on their hip or back for it to gain proximity affinity.  They don't even need to actually use it to rank it to 30 and toss it as garbage without even giving it a try.  A player can be sitting pretty at MR 15+ within days of creating an account, abusing draco, and maybe a hefty sum of platinum.

So basically to some people if you're abusing Draco, you're not really playing, and are actually only exacerbating the problems Warframe has, especially regarding difficulty curve of enemies and RNG (since if we can beat enemies effortlessly with CC spam, super guns, and are willing to go hours into an endless, DE will balance around that...)  DE knows Draco is a problem for game play, but they also know removing it just moves the goal post to another node.  Eventually they'll have to either remove all endless or make them piss easy with very few spawns.  Neither scenario seems very awesome.  

In my opinion, Draco IS one example of where the game goes horribly wrong and turns from awesome space ninja shooter to CheeseGrinder 9000: The Novapocolypse.  However, I recognize Draco is only useful to people for the rapid affinity gain, and I'm fine with just running alerts, syndicates, or throwing darts at a board for the mission I'll run to acquire my affinity and happy fun times, I play solo after all.  Other people farming Draco doesn't bother me personally... I just recognize it's not doing the game nor the community - especially the newbies looking at a mostly empty starchart - any good.

Extremely well put.

As someone who used Draco a lot i can see how people hate it.

Basically it's the easiest way to rank your gear up without having to play through 50 (and i'm not exhagurating!) void missions (to fully rank a warframe).

Draco achieves it in like 2-3 round 3 games.

Affinity based ranking is the same thing as everything else in this game - a time consumer, a thing that holds you back from playing high tier missions.

Unfortunately i have less and less time to play at all, so Draco is my only choice if i want to keep new gear up to level where i can kill T4 bombard / gunner with it

Basically it's the easiest way to rank your gear up without having to play through 50 (and i'm not exhagurating!) void missions (to fully rank a warframe).

The only frame I allow myself to level in Draco is Frost, as I can buff even unranked. And I can tell, that you can max any frame under 2 hours without affinity booster. Some of them, like Loki - under a hour.

The difference is there, but it isn't that big.

Because people don't like it when other people find efficient ways to level their gear.

There is a way more better places leveling up gears. Stealth multipliers. Draco will at maximum award 990 affinity (eximus), while killing a regular lv 22 scorcher with a 500% affinity increase will grand you more than 6400 affinity per killed unit.

Put on a hush, kill things, works better than draco, since you have a calm gameplay, and the funniest fact: its faster. 20 minutes of stealth gameplay will reward 75k++ focus points, where draco (fast run, all capped) in 20 minutes will just reward approximately 20-25k focus points, and a slow run just 40-50k.

That is maybe why he keeps asking this, because he or she prolly figured out the same most efficient way to gain affinity.

Mag got only nerfed because of Mesa, not because of Draco. And yet, Mag still has that nerf and people still keep whining about her shield polerize scaling with enemy shields duh... Edited by 0Skyrim0

its faster.

It isn't. It has less requirements, yes, but it isn't as fast even if you pull it out perfectly. 2 slow 2 fast Draco can give Excalibur with a greater lense around 80k~90k focus without an affinity booster.

Full loadout for weapons can be maxed in 2 cap 2 waves (around 13 minutes) and even faster, if your squad does everything right.

If everything is done perfectly, 2 slow 2 fast run can even max out an unranked frame.

What about Dark Sector? Don't you get bonus XP there +  nice drops + resources?

You are fighting infested in DS which generally give the least amount of xp per kill out of all factions. From my experience Infested drop nothing worthwhile in terms of mods. That leaves only resources as an attractive option.

Also people playing Draco aren't there for resources anyway (although o.cells are a nice bonus). It's the xp they are after (and syndicate rep/focus that come with it)

People hate on Draco because it's like a 180 on what the newbie experiences first getting into warframe (that is, actually moving around, gunning down hordes of dudes as we move through a level, leveling up equipment and mods, etc.) Somewhere along the way, it stops being about having fun, and more about hyper-efficiency because who plays just to play? Gotta get them prime parts and that MR... Speed running normal missions or CC spamming an endless and crying about the game being too easy in either case, or too hard when a wrench is thrown into the hyper-efficient system. Draco is the latter, it fosters brain-dead game play and rank devaluement. I'm making that a word now, "devaluement." Cause convenience.

Draco specifically though renders any and every declaration that the MR system matters and is proof of skill or knowledge effectively false. Players need only have the weapon on their hip or back for it to gain proximity affinity. They don't even need to actually use it to rank it to 30 and toss it as garbage without even giving it a try. A player can be sitting pretty at MR 15+ within days of creating an account, abusing draco, and maybe a hefty sum of platinum.

So basically to some people if you're abusing Draco, you're not really playing, and are actually only exacerbating the problems Warframe has, especially regarding difficulty curve of enemies and RNG (since if we can beat enemies effortlessly with CC spam, super guns, and are willing to go hours into an endless, DE will balance around that...) DE knows Draco is a problem for game play, but they also know removing it just moves the goal post to another node. Eventually they'll have to either remove all endless or make them piss easy with very few spawns. Neither scenario seems very awesome.

In my opinion, Draco IS one example of where the game goes horribly wrong and turns from awesome space ninja shooter to CheeseGrinder 9000: The Novapocolypse. However, I recognize Draco is only useful to people for the rapid affinity gain, and I'm fine with just running alerts, syndicates, or throwing darts at a board for the mission I'll run to acquire my affinity and happy fun times, I play solo after all. Other people farming Draco doesn't bother me personally... I just recognize it's not doing the game nor the community - especially the newbies looking at a mostly empty starchart - any good.

This.

MR7 was high enough before and the players who had it was considered to be good at the game, and they really are. They're also mostly composed of very nice people that doesn't care about what you use but rather what you contribute to the team. Of course this was 3 years ago (2013).

And now i have to constantly be aware and kick people from my clan chat because they're salty of the No-Draco policy that my clan has. It's stupid, yes, but it works. Better safe than sorry.

Anyways i'll go farm Draco some more and quit a month later because the game is too easy for me.

Pinnacle of most Draco users, i'll be honest.

Edited by ViroVeteruscy

You understand why people enjoy Draco?

You don't have to worry about hallway heroes leeching affinity since it's nearly impossible form them to be outside 50m.

And alot of this is just pure jealous from causal players who can't deal with the fact that the hardcore players out pace them.

You understand why people enjoy Draco?

You don't have to worry about hallway heroes leeching affinity since it's nearly impossible form them to be outside 50m.

And alot of this is just pure jealous from causal players who can't deal with the fact that the hardcore players out pace them.

Don't forget the fact that most of the Draco users will whine for around 3 or so months before moving on and severely degrading quality matchmaking content in recruiting again. I swear people hosting void keys doesn't seem to be plenty there anymore.

Edited by ViroVeteruscy

LF Draco - PM Warframe!!!

I'm not sure what game are you playing, to see this exact phrase,

Anyways i'll go farm Draco some more and quit a month later because the game is too easy for me.

Pinnacle of most Draco users, i'll be honest.

but that isn't honest

For game to become "too easy" to you, you'll need one rank 30 frame, one rank 30 weapon, set of mods for them, with r10 mods being leveled to about r7. If we say all this will take about a week (assuming you lucky enough to get potatoes) to accomplish, then Draco will make it six days. Gotta go quit game now.

High end powerfarming isn't affected by Draco in any way. You don't get plat, arcanes or excessive cores from Draco. It isn't the best way to farm keys either. The only reason I farm Draco now is simulacrum.

Edited by Epsik-kun

When people say they got burnt on WF others tell them to play other games. When people cry about Draco, all I can say is play in another map or play in a different way.

But if you want your XP, and to gain them YOUR way(While being a hindrance), then you're wrong to complain.

As long as WF has no intuitive XPing and ranking stuff or using Forma is so crucial, a Draco is needed.

For game to become "too easy" to you, you'll need one rank 30 frame, one rank 30 weapon, set of mods for them, with r10 mods being leveled to about r7. If we say all this will take about a week (assuming you lucky enough to get potatoes) to accomplish, then Draco will make it six days. Gotta go quit game now.

High end powerfarming isn't affected by Draco in any way. You don't get plat, arcanes or excessive cores from Draco. It isn't the best way to farm keys either. The only reason I farm Draco now is simulacrum.

I suppose. But sorry to say this is what i have to cope up with for around 3 months or so before we actually set up our clan policy (players joining the clan then leaving the game after being MR##), So perhaps it's justified.

It's not about the powerfarming though. It's about the doubledigit-ranked players who used it and thinks they have more credibility in giving opinions in the game just because they have higher numbers. I would be fine with farming it if the playerbase who uses it aren't as toxic as it persists for now. Sometimes i find some good people, most of the time i just find pushy people who, again.

Want their XP, and to gain them THEIR way(While being a hindrance), then they're wrong to complain.

lets see if a new meta using valkyr and loki @ Draco will make these Draco haters cry when DE  give valkyr and loki the nerf hammer... I can see the 180 turn from hate to cries from these very same haters when their fav frames gets the hammer.

the problem isn't Draco it is the 1 % who whines on the forums about others who plays there, and uses the tools provided  to them ( recruiting channel) and frames ( choice) to get  their enjoyment if there is any to be gained..

lets see if a new meta using valkyr and loki @ Draco will make these Draco haters cry when DE  give valkyr and loki the nerf hammer... I can see the 180 turn from hate to cries from these very same haters when their fav frames gets the hammer.

the problem isn't Draco it is the 1 % who whines on the forums about others who plays there, and uses the tools provided  to them ( recruiting channel) and frames ( choice) to get  their enjoyment if there is any to be gained..

Trinity nerfs. Trinity nerfs. Trinity nerfs.

Speedrunners love that node. But what is there to choose when you're limited to 4 frames.

if you know that joining a public game comes with  HIGH % OF PLAYERS BEING TOXIC WHY DO IT TO YOURSELF?

whining about things you cant change is outright silly.

I hate RNG in this game how it is<< been trying to get a few mods since they were released in this game << to name a couple , four riders, vengeful revenance,  even though I tried for hours  on attempts for months etc I have no qualms with the game nor the urge to  whine about it either... it is what it is as this is purely for me to relax  and have a good time just playing.

crying about  whatever within the game especially what others are doing is just sad, truly sad.

Edited by ranks21

I personally dislike it because it's a theorycrafted black hole, though I still ran it a bunch when it was pretty new and people weren't as salty about it as they currently are.

It started with the Viver BansheeBomb-Mag meta, then branched out to RJ Excal-Trinity team-meta, which then came out to Stephano on Uranus (pre U17 when it was still Grineer Asteroid Intercept, though a Banshee Bomb could still cover all of the Sealab Intercept) and Draco on Ceres (which stuck for a lot longer because enemies are higher levels there), after which a Mesa-Gmag meta came about, which got nerfed into the ground.

There's better ways to do it (4 Shield of Shadows Nekros team was an amusing one I heard of, though I'd hate to see what that does to the host's CPU usage), just no one wants to run them because they dislike trying new things out and don't enjoy the process of coming up with their own builds.

My personal favorite that I've drafted is an Elemental-Augmented Banshee Bomb team-build using a Banshee (for damage and CC, current max-range is 50m, 12.5m shorter than a max-range RJ build, but it goes through walls), Trinity (for energy when Banshee uses all 600-something energy because Primed Flow), Frost (for Globe protection when restoring Energy and for the Freeze Force Augment, though I still need to test to see if it affects Sound Quake), and Equinox (built with strength for 50% power strength bonus, which benefits everyone positively).

EDIT: Formatting.

Edited by MrBubbleSS