Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think Im Becoming Depressed Or Insane

(PSN)zeratul____12

Every day for awhile now I've have been fighting with myself in my head

One side is saying to "Become better, think positively, dream better dreams then make them real, don't let others get you down and live life"

Another is saying "Just lay down and wait to die. It doesn't matter what you do; you have no future and you'll never find someone to love you. You will die alone in the dark. So why bother trying to change, you have no potential you are just a failure"

The final one is like a whisper telling me to"Let go of your morals and ideals this world is built for monsters, the only way to get anywhere in life is to become a bigger monster then the rest, give in to your desires. Live life your way regardless of who you hurt along the way, when they die it won't matter anymore." 

what do I do?

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

lose yer idealism

get some realistic perspective

stop being so overly-dramatic

pro-tip : being a hopeless romantic is a recipe for disaster [just look at romeo&juliet, and that story is old as dirt]

bottom line, u sound depressed, get diagnosed and/or do some research

'in the end' nothing rly matters, but thats not a good reason to be a horrible person

objective reality doesnt care about anyone/anything, but the subjective experiences of individuals vary wildly

dont be tied to abstract systems, dont try to be a good person just to stay out of hell or to get into heaven, just do it becuz its the right thing to do, and vice versa

the tru nature of the cosmos is wild and chaotic and unforgiving, if u falter u will suffer, but such is life, fail/fall down, then learn, and get back up stronger than b4

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

I deal with bouts of depression and anxiety sometimes myself. I'm also very introverted and stay at home most of the time. But I try not to let things get to me - they do some days but I'm still alive and still providing help for people in my life who need it.

Some of the best advice I give to friends going through tough times is: hold on and keep fighting, something better is coming. Don't let toxic people or your own fear and doubts hold you back. Sometimes you just have to do it yourself. Try and find something calming to ease your mind - an outlet for the negative emotions: play an instrument, workout or beat down an actual punching bag or find someone to talk to (venting actually helps me).

Don't let yourself self-destruct. It might not seem like it but you're not alone, someone does care about you. I have to remind myself of this same advice on some days and, despite still having down days, I'm still here. Believe me I've felt that hopelessness time and time again but I've managed to hold on. I wish you the best. Just don't give up. There's something good out there for you.

I deal with bouts of depression and anxiety sometimes myself. I'm also very introverted and stay at home most of the time. But I try not to let things get to me - they do some days but I'm still alive and still providing help for people in my life who need it.

Some of the best advice I give to friends going through tough times is: hold on and keep fighting, something better is coming. Don't let toxic people or your own fear and doubts hold you back. Sometimes you just have to do it yourself. Try and find something calming to ease your mind - an outlet for the negative emotions: play an instrument, workout or beat down an actual punching bag or find someone to talk to (venting actually helps me).

Don't let yourself self-destruct. It might not seem like it but you're not alone, someone does care about you. I have to remind myself of this same advice on some days and, despite still having down days, I'm still here. Believe me I've felt that hopelessness time and time again but I've managed to hold on. I wish you the best. Just don't give up. There's something good out there for you.

I try but.....i've lost what little fight was left in me. There is no one out there from me. The only one who I think still cares doesn't understand at all, in fact they might be making it worse, but ive got no-one else. I am alone in my struggle always have always will. 

Well you're off to a good start by reaching out. Maybe you can try to find new people to be around if it's at all possible. Or perhaps finding a new place to visit might help - positive vibes from a positive atmosphere.
People can be really harsh and selfish but lowering yourself to that level won't make things any better. Try and take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Try and work towards small goals and maybe some small rewards for completing them. It's an uphill struggle but that hill is nothing compared to the potential inside you. but you have to discover what makes you feel happy/better about yourself. You might not feel up to it during those darkest days but having one or two hobbies or projects may just keep you out of the deep end of the sea of depression.
(This might sound like b.s. motivational speaker schlock but it actually means something coming from someone who's been through the same.)

One side is saying to "Become better, think positively, dream better dreams then make them real, don't let others get you down and live life"

Another is saying "Just lay down and wait to die. It doesn't matter what you do; you have no future and you'll never find someone to love you. You will die alone in the dark. So why bother trying to change, you have no potential you are just a failure"

The final one is like a whisper telling me to"Let go of your morals and ideals this world is built for monsters, the only way to get anywhere in life is to become a bigger monster then the rest, give in to your desires. Live life your way regardless of who you hurt along the way, when they die it won't matter anymore." 

what do I do?

Overcome it, I did...no one gets anything in this world without being a monster. Just wait until the next. The truth will set you free.

Hearing about people's depression makes me feel good. Is that mean for me to say? Sorry if it is.

You probably are just another person with a sucky life and misery likes company so....idk. I don't blame you thinking those things is natural but not acting on them and fighting them is what makes you who your are.

Overcome it, I did...no one gets anything in this world without being a monster. Just wait until the next. The truth will set you free.

Yeah, another one is whispering the same things to me. Some people have no future & their destiny is loneliness & emptiness in their life. I think, I'm one of them.

Ive actually accepted that as my fate

Doing nothing is a waste of the time you have. Everyone can do something. There's no reason to give up before you even start.

Well if it's anything like what I have, all you have to do to keep going day to day, is to set an ultra long term goal that is achievable (nothing like live to a certain age, that goal wears thin quickly, for me I want to die debt free and I have 6k left on my student loan, repaying it is my goal), And then fill your time with something that can keep your focus (games, activities, work, study, and music works well).

Avoid anything that can cause you to burn out, if a game frustrates you, or the challenge is too much for you abandon it for a little while. If you are doing a lot of study that is difficult try to take little breaks in between.

Once you learn how to focus your mind and it no longer gets time to think about your life and circumstances it makes living a whole lot easier. Just before sleeping is the only time my mind is left to wander because I keep it pre-occupied most of the time.

Dear person,

I use to encounter this problem everyday. I would look up at my ceiling every night and ponder my existence and wonder if things were really worth it. Depression like states are just a huge psychological battle that you have with your brain that is really dumb and stupid. This struggle continues everyday, those two voices in your mind fighting it out for control. There is this deep feeling like you have a hole in your heart, wishing for it to be filled. Everyday you try to find things that fill that hole, but nothing seems to stick. Those nights were you found nothing at all that day are the worse, because those words that say you are worthless are multiplied and louder. If you ever find yourself listening to those words, that is when you start to lose the battle.

People are social animals though. Finding something that gets you complimented is a really good feeling. Those people who compliment you may seem like shallow idiots, but it might get the job done. 

I don't know, depression is a very hard battle that may never be won. Maybe one day, you may find yourself happier than ever and look back at this day were you posted on the forums about your depression and think it was very silly. That day will never come if you think you are hopeless and never amount to anything.

what do I do?

When you look out for the nice things, you'll start feeling nicer too. That's how human nature works: reap what you sow. We're social creatures, we often make our decisions by looking at others. I can also advise a good long walk. Take in what you feel, see and hear. If that comes back negative, then it's time to see that looks can be deceiving.

People are not A******s, they can be just as insecure as you. Some even are A******s because they are insecure.

Believe it or not, some people dig you. Some of them are even into you. But, like yourself, they never tell. Because they are, deep down, just as afraid of what might happen.

You are human. You get to decide your own fate. Not this world, not it's people. You, and you alone. Go your own way.

Thought 1: A little too hopeful, but not bad advice.

Thought 2: Your insecure self. Look upon it and say to it: F*** you, I will not let you decide who I become.

Thought 3: Being an A****** gets you nowhere. It only gets you down, because everyone will dislike and ignore you, even the people who previously liked you.

Finally,

Be honest, and be yourself. Honesty is anyone's best friend. It may not always turn out for the better, but people will start to trust you. You do not say what they want to hear, because people want to know the truth. And ofcourse, not everyone will like you. That is why you settle with the people that do stick with you. Because they like you, not the act you put up.