The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Kill The New Juggernaut?

Legend369

Question

Juggernaut got buffed after October 2015 now he is pretty much impossible to kill now... I can't complete the Jordas quest now because my potatoed and formad weapons do 30-40 damage to him even when he is standing up..  and i get 1shotted by his aoe spray ranged attack.

When he opens up to shoot at you, you can shoot at his head, where it opens up.

Or when hes stomping the ground and his belly is exposed, you can shoot him there. (This is the recommended time as he's not attacking but charging up for a radial stomp like Moas do)

Those are his weak spots, and it deals a lot of damage on him, if you shoot him anywhere else, or any other time, it might take a while as it does reduced damage.

You could try to bypass it with status procs that does DoT (damage over time) but it's still not very effective. 

Viral proc does help though, as it halves his HP, hopefully to make it go down easier.

Edited by VoidWraith

Not a single mention of positioning in this thread?

TIP: Juggernaut's explosive quill attack (the one that oneshots everything) can only shoot forward in a cone. It can't aim up or down.

If you can find a higher spot on the map where you can continue to shoot the juggernaut without getting hit by the quills (e.g. pretty much any elevation of any sort on any map), you're untouchable. Just find a platform, stay there, and shoot the crappily-designed bullet sponge till it's dead.

Didn't they stealth-nerf CP's reduction formula with U18? I sometimes hear horror stories about 4xCP runs where enemies still have armor, but I have yet to test it myself.

I think that is just for sorties with augmented armor. Corrosive Projection is only half as effective or something. So you can't get 100% reduction with four even with (from what I have heard from testing) all four people using Coaction Drift. 

I was in a sortie 2 infested exterminate once in a PUG and someone ended up amping up the fight enough to draw out the Juggernaut. We beat it but, it took some time. A level 80 Juggernaut with augmented armor is quite annoying to fight. 

Ways to kill le Juggernaut:

1.Mesa

2.Phage

3.Freezing it as it reveals its belly/back opening (Glaxion or Frost's Snow Globe with Chilling Globe Augment but not limited to the two)

4.High fire rate guns/ High attack speed melee weapons

5.Clem.(I mean it on this one, one Clem specter to rekt a Juggeranut)

In all of seriousness, I always go for option 4 and it works fine with tanky frames like Frost and Rhino.

6. When he stands up shoot him in the belly with a decent built Sancti tigris.  Farmed the mission for the pod things for a mate the other day, 1 shot from my 4 forma sancti and he was down.  (Also works well with stalker, unload both barrels into the back of his head as soon as he stands up and he will sit back down)

Edited by Robj414