The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra Basically Prime?

leoxastaroth

Just  a different way to give us Excalibur Prime? Or will there be anything significantly different about it?

It was a way of giving the Chinese Excalibur Prime, as it's Excalibur Umbra Prime over there and is part of their Founders pack. For us, it's basically giving us their Excalibur Prime. Interpret that however you like....

No one knows how it'll be different right now. Whenever/If ever DE decides to release more info, then we'll know.

Umbra will have the Umbra system and no access to focus BUT the umbra system will be likely having many more WARFRAME powers than your frame, like the stalker.

You keep doing this thing where you make up stuff about Umbra. You should stop.

People just seem really happy to go ahead and assume that Umbra will be the most brokenly overpowered thing in the universe. At this point, I honestly give up. Let them.....and prepare to wallow in their tears when Umbra is an interesting 'frame variant, but not stupidly imbalanced.

People just seem really happy to go ahead and assume that Umbra will be the most brokenly overpowered thing in the universe. At this point, I honestly give up. Let them.....and prepare to wallow in their tears when Umbra is an interesting 'frame variant, but not stupidly imbalanced.

Umbra is not going to be OP. Why do people think this?

Umbra will give us a fresh new way too play the game isn't this what we've all been waiting for!?? Why does everyone want him to be OP.

What I told (you? was it you?) in the Umbra thread is that the ability to mix and match different 'frame powers in one Warframe would be pretty much inherently broken.

Now, if it came at the cost of cutting off access to the Focus system that would go a long way towards mitigating it, but it would still not be a healthy development for the balance of the game.

Umbra is not going to be OP. Why do people think this?

Umbra will give us a fresh new way too play the game isn't this what we've all been waiting for!?? Why does everyone want him to be OP.

And how will it give us a "fresh new way to play the game"? As I understand it, its basically Excalibur with a new skin, Prime Stats and possible some cosmetic changes to his powers. He will have the same 4 powers as Excalibur and Excalibur Prime, not "Umbra will have the Umbra system and no access to focus BUT the umbra system will be likely having many more WARFRAME powers than your frame, like the stalker."

The only difference I'm seeing at the moment is DE wanting to make a quest around Excalibur Umbra to explain why Umbra's are now a thing, why a third variant of Excalibur exists and explaining the Umbra system in case DE decides to make more Umbra stuff.

Also in future, please don't spread mis-information about Umbra. People that haven't kept up with the news could take what your posting as fact and give them false hope about the frame.

And how will it give us a "fresh new way to play the game"? As I understand it, its basically Excalibur with a new skin, Prime Stats and possible some cosmetic changes to his powers. He will have the same 4 powers as Excalibur and Excalibur Prime, not "Umbra will have the Umbra system and no access to focus BUT the umbra system will be likely having many more WARFRAME powers than your frame, like the stalker."

The only difference I'm seeing at the moment is DE wanting to make a quest around Excalibur Umbra to explain why Umbra's are now a thing, why a third variant of Excalibur exists and explaining the Umbra system in case DE decides to make more Umbra stuff.

Also in future, please don't spread mis-information about Umbra. People that haven't kept up with the news could take what your posting as fact and give them false hope about the frame.

Holy Clem thank you for that, it was much needed and I'll definitely quote it around!

Edited by siralextraffo

Excal umbra: a better version of excal p (to me)

Same stats but umbra has 50 more energy so you can get 225 at rank 30 with him and 450 with maxed flow (and even more with maxed p flow).

I know excal p is exclusive and stuff but when umbra comes out i'll never care about not having excal p again...

Now we wait for a lato umbra and skana umbra XD

Edited by crimsonspartan1

For Lotus sake, will you people shut up with "I want Excalibur Prime" whining and it's variants already????? You are not a founder - therefore you are not eligible for ExcalP and exclusive weapons. Period.

I'm not a founder and I don't give rat's behind about gear I can't obtain. Why people are so obsessed with ExcalP? Invent freaking time machine, go back in time and become a founder if you can't handle the fact that you can't get ExcalP. /endrant

For Lotus sake, will you people shut up with "I want Excalibur Prime" whining and it's variants already????? You are not a founder - therefore you are not eligible for ExcalP and exclusive weapons. Period.

I'm not a founder and I don't give rat's behind about gear I can't obtain. Why people are so obsessed with ExcalP? Invent freaking time machine, go back in time and become a founder if you can't handle the fact that you can't get ExcalP. /endrant

A little less polite than I'd have put it, but....yeah, basically.

I agree. Founders paid for this stuff via founders packs to support de and their game. People just don't understand that they paid for all of these exclusives and go about hating on them because they have exclusives.