The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Glaive Blessing Just Totally Gimp Now?

NezuHimeSama

Question

or is there some trick to be able to still bless from glaive against the floor?

I used to have it down pretty well, but with the new animation, I can't get it to connect at all unless running forward, and even then it's extremely unreliable.

Is there some new trick to it, or is blessing off a melee weapon just no longer a thing?

9 answers to this question

You could actually answer this by yourself. It is an exploit. What happend so far? Rhino had that too, that iron skin accumulating damage for the first 3 seconds of his skill, increasing the ferrite armor value up to 40k and higher. Self inflicting radiation to kill unwanted players has been removed even earlier, back in u8 oder 10s. So... "self damaging" is taboo. You can guess what happened with your bless-exploit.

I have zero issues blessing with a glaive.

Press quick melee button --> 1.8sec --> Depress quick melee button --> 0.1 sec --> Bless.

All that's changed is that charge attacks take longer to charge, and you have to keep pressing the button until it does.

I don't see why people make a big deal out of this in context of Bless.

I would not be sad at all to see suicide Trinity blessing go. When I'm trying to gain Scorn/Fury and the Trinity is spamming bless constantly then wonders why enemies won't die...gah.

Pretty cheesy exploit to be honest, but that's just my opinion.

You could actually answer this by yourself. It is an exploit. What happend so far? Rhino had that too, that iron skin accumulating damage for the first 3 seconds of his skill, increasing the ferrite armor value up to 40k and higher. Self inflicting radiation to kill unwanted players has been removed even earlier, back in u8 oder 10s. So... "self damaging" is taboo. You can guess what happened with your bless-exploit.

So, no selfdamage anymore? I dont see that to be a thing for a long time

Several people have mentioned it, but the self damage is still very much there meaning blessing build is still active all that changed is the timing/animation of the glaive throw. You just need to take one swing via quick melee then hold the melee key until it throws. If you take the quick swing at 1.8 seconds left (with nothing affecting the attack speed) on blessing duration  then it will throw and hit right when your blessing runs out. You just have to micromanage and pay attention to your time more with the new animation, but after a few successful chains it will be second nature. Keep in mind also that I the 1.8 is not necessarily firm as you can delay, you may find that yours hit a few milliseconds faster, etc. I personally use 1.6 as my time table and it works perfectly. 

To "practice" the simulacrum works, but also star-map locations solo help for repetition to build a habit.