Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Melee Mods And Melee Powers

Epsik-kun

Any news on Wether they work on ash?

do melee mods work for ash in the first place?

edit: seems that yes

from wiki http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ash :

"Animation speed is affected by Fury and Spoiled Strike, but not base weapon attack speed or Berserker. Quickening also affects animation speed, but only if channeling is begun before and maintained through the cast."

now what I want to know is : does body count work ?

Edited by Kiochy

I really really hope this is a bug that its not working with melee frame abilities or else we are gonna have a new emerging problem on our hands for melee frames. If this isnt a bug then we are going to have to start choosing to mod for our ults or mod for our melee weapons when the whole point of frames with channeled weapons is that they inherit the mods from the weapon so you can mod for both at the same time and its also how its supposed to work thematically. The melee frames are supposed to be masters with their weapons they shouldn't be forced into a situation where one is always having to be subpar for the other to be viable.

I really really hope this is a bug that its not working with melee frame abilities or else we are gonna have a new emerging problem on our hands for melee frames. If this isnt a bug then we are going to have to start choosing to mod for our ults or mod for our melee weapons when the whole point of frames with channeled weapons is that they inherit the mods from the weapon so you can mod for both at the same time and its also how its supposed to work thematically. The melee frames are supposed to be masters with their weapons they shouldn't be forced into a situation where one is always having to be subpar for the other to be viable.

Lol dude...melee abilitys made melee useless... or to be more specific excal did. What's a volt in the shadow of a excal? This guy was intentionally distanced from combos. YOU ARE LITTERALY UNABLE TO GET THEM. BUT he shredds trough crowds like its no big deal and has access to stealth multipliers. Valkyr is in a similar position as its eather hysteria OR a godlike basestat build for her. Thers just no need to buff these 2 abilitys further and you're fine playing them exclusive as they're in a good position as they are.

I just find it strange that wukongs ult was excludet as well as its litteraly a weapon with a little more range....

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I get what you mean, but the problem is that if the mods work for Ultimates, then melee weapons become completely shadowed by Exalted Primal Hysteria all over again. Having access to these mods means that they're at least "viable" in comparison, rather than being outclassed by the three Ults in every way, shape, and form.

This was far more damaging for melee weapons than anything, really.

Personally, I'd like to see Ults (and Landslide) simply get their own, separate mod build from melee weapons. I've been for such a system from the day that Excal's rework hit.

The current system means that equipping Syndicate Weapons, Daggers, or Glaives will already litter your ults with empty mod slots, and this discourages players from using Syndicate weapons, Daggers, or Glaives compared to other weapons. Worse still is the case of Hysteria and Primal Fury, which strongly discourage anything that isn't a crit weapon.

It's ridiculous. Our choice of melee weapon should not destroy our completely-unrelated Ult in the process.

Edited by SortaRandom

At least body count should work on melee based abilities, for a balance perspective it only gives you an easier time keeping the combo multiplier, blood rush would be OP on these type of abilities.

The other problem is how regular melee is outclassing melee abilities, with red crits and combo multiplier certain weapons have superior damage than melee abilities, not to mention the energy efficiency, melee abilities require energy while regular melee not that much (except if you use channeling).

Melee abilities should be always superior to regular melee, they are abilities after all, thats why at least body count should work on them, thats something already implemented in the game, it doesnt break anything, only gives you an easier time, is pretty sad how chroma only with vex armor does two/three times more damage than a melee ability.

At least body count should work on melee based abilities, for a balance perspective it only gives you an easier time keeping the combo multiplier, blood rush would be OP on these type of abilities.

The other problem is how regular melee is outclassing melee abilities, with red crits and combo multiplier certain weapons have superior damage than melee abilities, not to mention the energy efficiency, melee abilities require energy while regular melee not that much (except if you use channeling).

Melee abilities should be always superior to regular melee, they are abilities after all, thats why at least body count should work on them, thats something already implemented in the game, it doesnt break anything, only gives you an easier time, is pretty sad how chroma only with vex armor does two/three times more damage than a melee ability.

I have to argue, especially body count should not. This mod would break the reality surounding excal.

I've mentioned this before but i'll say it again: excal is intentionally unable to get combos. I've tried a surging dash build for a while, this build stacks the multiplicative combo with a optional stealth boni (via huras for example) and krits evry now and then.

The result were waves in the extend of 100k-150k damage. He has the easyest access to stealth multiplicators, a decent krit base, divine base damage, and the most spammy radial damage fashion in this kategory. Another multiplier would BREAK him and it's not like he can't play with combos eather, just like this, closing in on enemys and using energy.

Valk, i mean yeah, maybe, you have a choice with her but a little more damage wouldn't hurt as her range is underwhelming.

And wukongs weapon basicly compensates a stance with the damage base. He is in a similar position as valk and i mean he still has access to his passive, whats more or less the same thing.

All of these frames have to do the same thing as evry other melee user would: run to theyr target (and they're usually pretty slow doing so) attack theyr limited targets (up to 5 enemys at a time, given that you have the range or rather sacrificed damage for the range to to *hit 5, *access the stealth multiplier) , usually missing out on any kind of CC. This also applies to your chroma. Excal has a 50m range, unlimited punch trough and access to blind. He should NEVER get access to these mods...he's allready outclassing evry other melee frame as he is, combos or not.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I have to argue, especially body count should not. This mod would break the reality surounding excal.

I've mentioned this before but i'll say it again: excal is intentionally unable to get combos. I've tried a surging dash build for a while, this build stacks the multiplicative combo with a optional stealth boni (via huras for example) and krits evry now and then.

The result were waves in the extend of 100k-150k damage. He has the easyest access to stealth multiplicators, a decent krit base, divine base damage, and the most spammy radial damage fashion in this kategory. Another multiplier would BREAK him and it's not like he can't play with combos eather, just like this, closing in on enemys and using energy.

Valk, i mean yeah, maybe, you have a choice with her but a little more damage wouldn't hurt as her range is underwhelming.

And wukongs weapon basicly compensates a stance with the damage base. He is in a similar position as valk and i mean he still has access to his passive, whats more or less the same thing.

All of these frames have to do the same thing as evry other melee user would: run to theyr target. And they're usually pretty slow doing so, theyr targets are limited to up to 5 enemys at a time and they miss out on any kind of CC. Excal has a 50m range, unlimited punch trough and access to blind. He should NEVER get access to these mods...he's allready outclassing evry other melee frame as he is, combos or not.

I somewhat agree with excalibur because his ultimate is a special kind of melee but valkyr has a bad time trying to keep the melee combo up due to her range, wukong passive is extremely small without body count, its only like 2 more seconds, 5 total instead of the regular 3 seconds, body count will have a special synergy with his passive and it doesnt even work with him which doesnt make any sense to me.

There is two problems now, if you choose a melee based frame you have to mod for your regular melee or your melee ability, which is something who was fixed not too much ago, now we are forced to choose again.

The other problem is regular melee vs melee abilities, melee speed buffs or damage buffs like roar, vex armor, eclipse etc + regular melee with body count + blood rush are superior to melee based abilities who constantly drain energy, hell i find myself using dual ichor with warcry and the new mods over hysteria, the amount of damage a vex armor chroma can put now outclasses hysteria and primal fury by a huge margin, we have new melee toys but the melee focused frames cant use them? i get your point but there is a middle ground in all of this.

Well, it would be nice if we get a word from anyone on DE about this or we will have to see if there is something in the next hotfix.

Edited by Rhaenxys

I somewhat agree with excalibur because his ultimate is a special kind of melee but valkyr has a bad time trying to keep the melee combo up due to her range, wukong passive is extremely small without body count, its only like 2 more seconds, 5 total instead of the regular 3 seconds, body count will have a special synergy with his passive and it doesnt even work with him which doesnt make any sense to me.

There is two problems now, if you choose a melee based frame you have to mod for your regular melee or your melee ability, which is something who was fixed not too much ago, now we are forced to choose again.

The other problem is regular melee vs melee abilities, melee speed buffs or damage buffs like roar, vex armor, eclipse etc + regular melee with body count + blood rush are superior to melee based abilities who constantly drain energy, hell i find myself using dual ichor with warcry and the new mods over hysteria, the amount of damage a vex armor chroma can put now outclasses hysteria and primal fury by a huge margin, we have new melee toys but the melee focused frames cant use them? i get your point but there is a middle ground in all of this.

Well, it would be nice if we get a word from anyone on DE about this or we will have to see if there is something in the next hotfix.

Quite true. And well, i mean thers a compromise to all of them. The channeling efficiency change made ridiculous builds possible...i usually use a mixed build on my excal and haven't yet decidet on my wukong build as i kinda hope for good auguments in the near future but you're basicly able to kinda sacrifice utility for ridiculous ammounts of strength and duration. Build for max Duration+efficiency and put in transient & enough blind rage to kinda balance the efficiency and you have a ridiculous damage base, on weapons that start at double the basedamge of a for example scindo prime. Weapons that are definitive faster. I mean yeah, they drain energy but you're at 4-6x the damage base in the first place as constant dps on this kinda build. Is this a reason to exclude them? Not rly. Valk and wukong are about equal to pure melee anyways ( they miss stance, combo, channeling to some extend and have demandet builds on the same execution as melee on frames that have the ability advantage) They should get the full effects, just to justify the energy cost. The golden line for excal would probably be something in the direction of strength giving a negative effect on his combo multiplier (maybe even in generall for channeled melee abilitys?) so you have the choice between a unstable dps beast or a like SLIGHTLY stronger frame. Not sure if DE would cosider coding something like this tho. Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Them not working on "Exalted" weapons is intended, DE Rebecca confirmed that awhile ago.

EB/Hysteria do truck tons of damage without them. Wukong doesn't do damage because he's immortal.

So you want MORE damage on two of the best scaling abilities in the game? And to give the Immortal - Reach frame more damage? What on earth possesses people to call for that amount of power creep? 

I forget, what's the reason everyone wants Hysteria nerfed?

You wanna hear immortality right? 3 words: "rage", "highest armor".

This aspect of the ability is more curse then it is a blessing...my aim is the same but i honestly would call it a buff.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

After doing some testing, I have to agree with DE on that these mods might be too strong for EBlade and Hysteria.

If it were me (I main Excal and of course I want new buffs and options), I would allow Body Count to work, maybe Maiming Strike. But allowing Blood Rush into the equation too will break Hysteria on the damage dealing aspect, pushing it well over 50k on regular hits and over 200k on spin attacks after she hits x3 multiplier.

And that's assuming her Power Strength is 100.

After doing some testing, I have to agree with DE on that these mods might be too strong for EBlade and Hysteria.

If it were me (I main Excal and of course I want new buffs and options), I would allow Body Count to work, maybe Maiming Strike. But allowing Blood Rush into the equation too will break Hysteria on the damage dealing aspect, pushing it well over 50k on regular hits and over 200k on spin attacks after she hits x3 multiplier.

And that's assuming her Power Strength is 100.

And where is that op?