Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poorly Planned Event

Ranchpig

He said the event is the event.. so everything related to the event is part of it, logically.. now if you only see the core event its very poor for the time we waited for a new event

the ones in the past could at least give a good bit of lore.. the amount of lore included in this is not alot and also we waited long for this

Tubemen of regor was poor by your logic.

You keep stating of what is happening now, but not later.

DE used the things that happened in the tubemen of regor event for later plot development. 

Edited by KJRenz

It's poorly executed because of.... mods? 

Also, are you really saying it's poorly executed because of other players? Geeeeee

I guess players just ignore the actual event and just only care about the mods. Which is sad.

What the F*** do you expect in a game that's literally about nothing else than grinding for stuff?

What the F*** do you expect in a game that's literally about nothing else than grinding for stuff?

You see it as grinding, I don't

I don't torture myself to grind everyday. 

It's as if the meaning of having fun left the ears of many. Stop focusing on grinding and stop torturing yourself.

Edited by KJRenz

To go to the point. The grind is so bad that every acolyte dropped the same mod every time, to the point I thought that each acolyte only drops that mod and there would be other acolytes to drop the rest.

That is till I came here on the forums to discover that it's just dumb RNG as always. Nope, not happening, not doing what is basically a fomorian 2.0 event with much worse rewards per run (no guaranteed R5s, etc.).

DE, If you're going to do events, do guaranteed drops after a certain amount of effort, not RNG. Till then, I'm not bothering anymore.

I actually do all the defense, interception's solo as it's just too big of a hassle getting bumped around or finding out the acolyte's already been.   I can grind about 5 to 8 solo's if i don't get anything but hydraulic.    If i get something worth keeping, I finish the mission.  

Not sure if people realize or not... it's not the mission we're after.   It's the rewards.   Come on... what else is there really?   Why would you spend any time on these if there wasn't a decent chance at a good reward?     I search a lot of profiles and void missions are the 2nd most killed enemies.  Why because they offer the BEST rewards to get plat.   I know i know, there are plenty of exceptions.    Only reason why grineer are the most killed enemy is because of Draco.     If for some strange reason there are people who just want to help defend the Galaxy against these Stalker Spawns... we'll i'm really helping by killing and getting out.   More kills = more damage = faster death.

My beef is that I don't think that's what was intended as a complete picture of the EVENT.   Sounded from the description that we were to hunt these guys down, when found, team up to destroy and repeat.    Heck, it was in the voice over and the main page... GROUP together and kill.   

Well, the mechanics are a big hindrance due to the poorly planned execution of those goals.  Joining a mission when the acolyte is already dead doesn't do the event any good or anyone else as most are already on their way out and if they haven't figured it out, they will.   To the endless host migration and hunting for a virgin squad.      Again, forces us to solo and for new people that's a little difficult.      Just saying that they should have really put some more thought into this.  

Went through phase one.. all was well. Entered phase two: people mostly leave after the acolyte dies, half of the time the host migration fails and it is impossible to progress. In typical DE fashion: instead of re-spawning the acolyte when you go further in interception, only the first round spawns him. Phew, I thought these missions might actually get interesting at some point, good save DE. Sitting around while people Tonkor, nuke, whatever everything until phase one is done, nice gameplay.

TL, DR: Grew tired of WF, got back for the event because the mods seemed cool, only to find a concept that was abandoned ages ago because it led to leavers was picked up again for an event, with predictable outcome.

Done with this

Well, the mechanics are a big hindrance due to the poorly planned execution of those goals. Joining a mission when the acolyte is already dead doesn't do the event any good or anyone else as most are already on their way out and if they haven't figured it out, they will. To the endless host migration and hunting for a virgin squad. Again, forces us to solo and for new people that's a little difficult. Just saying that they should have really put some more thought into this.

I can understand the issue here. Although it's the players fault, you can't blame them for this phenomena. Gotta collect em all, right?

The same issue exists with syndicate medallions, but they aren't event exclusive. So, as other posts have mentioned, perhaps these acolytes will persist by reoccurring on random days after the event is over. This way, the mods will still be available periodically. (Like fomorian attacks)

Edited by AutoPhox

I just attempted to PUG this event... the four data retrieval missions went well, got the location of one Acolyte, then I started the mission on the node she was hiding on... suddenly, Host Migration, dumped into a regular Exterminate with no Acolyte, and back on Navigation all three Acolyte locations were back to "unknown"... what

Solution: go solo.

Though this solution works,

why is this reply considered a "top reply" ?

I thought we were playing a multiplayer game.

this Event is too much of a grind in my opinion.

and after you have won the easy fight and gotten your hydraulic or bodycount,

finishing the rest of mission just feels even more like work. 

I Did this a few times and it actually drove me far away from the game

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

I can understand the issue here. Although it's the players fault, you can't blame them for this phenomena. Gotta collect em all, right?

The same issue exists with syndicate medallions, but they aren't event exclusive. So, as other posts have mentioned, perhaps these acolytes will persist by reoccurring on random days after the event is over. This way, the mods will still be available periodically. (Like fomorian attacks)

That would be one great solution.. but itself is a bandaid for plat hunters having a mod first means alot.   Just saying... so even if people knew they could get these at a later time, which btw, WE DONT.    Some of the most expensive plat items are just these kinds of mods.    

I really like someone else's suggestion that could alleviate the entire problem... don't reveal the mod til mission accomplished.  Bammo... solved.   

DE... there is time to fix this now.   It's only going to get worse as more people figure out how to exploit this and ruin it for others.

That would be one great solution.. but itself is a bandaid for plat hunters having a mod first means alot. Just saying... so even if people knew they could get these at a later time, which btw, WE DONT. Some of the most expensive plat items are just these kinds of mods.

I really like someone else's suggestion that could alleviate the entire problem... don't reveal the mod til mission accomplished. Bammo... solved.

DE... there is time to fix this now. It's only going to get worse as more people figure out how to exploit this and ruin it for others.

I was originally going to suggest the end of mission option too, but it misses a major issue. Those who join a mission where the acolyte is already dead stil have to jump ship and find a new mission. So that only addressed the host migrations, but not the random pub add one.

But I agree with the rest of your statement. Players always find ways to exploit resources for plat. Hell, Nezha sys is still bouncing up around 100p. That's just sick. Anyway...

I can't think of a better way to address the short term issue. But at least the persistent idea addresses the longer term.

Best solution would be to implement the dropped mod as an unidentified item and reveal it at the end.

This was the exact same reason Sabotage missions were changed to show an unidentified item when a cache was opened: Players would open the three caches in Void Sabotage, not get the item they wanted, and abort to keep their key.

I'm personally enjoying this event.

Best solution would be to implement the dropped mod as an unidentified item and reveal it at the end.

This was the exact same reason Sabotage missions were changed to show an unidentified item when a cache was opened: Players would open the three caches in Void Sabotage, not get the item they wanted, and abort to keep their key.

I'm personally enjoying this event.

^^

Best answer right here.

I'm having fun with event but admit, I've only just now finished my 10 runs. May run a few more and just buy what I want from players.

Well, it seems Rebecca said on another post that a hotfix was coming to address this very issue.   Hope they institute the end of mission unknown-til-success version.   Very sensible and will help bring some of the fun back into the missions.     Great job on getting the ideas across respectfully (for the most part) and thoughtfully.

I'm starting to suffer from event burn-out.

I really want that argon scope, but the grind to get it, with no guarantee of it dropping before the end of the event...

DE, this event is quickly becoming a major disappointment. If we can't get them from a well-defined milestone, as was the case in previous events, PLEASE put these mods in drop tables/reward pools immediately. Forcing people to wait 6 months because they didn't get lucky the first time around is just asking for trouble.

1. I don't care about my quit rate in my stats, it's honestly like caring how many cool votes you've gotten on a forum. If people want to judge me by my quit rate that's their loss, I'll let my gameplay do the talking.

2. There's no problem going solo, I've just farmed them on whatever node they appear be it defense, Sabotage etc. I've ignored Exterminate tiles to get it done faster but it usually only takes a few minutes to locate them and 5 seconds to make them flee. I'm sure that since the main event is defense waves there'll be nobody aborting those and we can party up no problem.

Lastly, for those worried that aborting each time won't count and we'll never finish off the Acolytes in time, two things. Firstly I think DE learned from the Fomorian assaults that it's better to simply have the event play out regardless if it's outside of the posted time constraints. And second of all, it counts. Test it yourself, attack an Acolyte, abort and watch your Acolyte kill count go up by one.

Disclaimer, I've aborted on some of the Defense missions but I've seen out all the other mission types. It doesn't take long to find them, stick to Capture, Sabotage and Deception and it's easy to farm these things. Just make sure you check every single small room, standing outside of a locker room and activating the door to see inside is not close enough to spawn a lurking Acolyte.

For everyone who wants all the mods handed to them on a platter as a reward, hey I don't have Buzzkill yet cos I missed that event, that's just how it is sometimes. If all else fails there's trade chat, *shudders*

I'm starting to suffer from event burn-out.

I really want that argon scope, but the grind to get it, with no guarantee of it dropping before the end of the event...

DE, this event is quickly becoming a major disappointment. If we can't get them from a well-defined milestone, as was the case in previous events, PLEASE put these mods in drop tables/reward pools immediately. Forcing people to wait 6 months because they didn't get lucky the first time around is just asking for trouble.

But the forums ppl dont get it and really think the grind is all optional..

i would have to agree, and they had a great amount of time too, if youve watched the devstream recently they said that this event was supposed to come out on december, early december but was delayed, which means it shouldve been a bit better, but im kind of ok with it i do like the mods so far and the mission of finding them and fighting them till they flee and how they r practicaly stalker's head on other warframes XD stalker cosplay 

I'm a solo Tenno without a clan, what if I can't find a good group to complete a difficult mission for this "well defined milestone". Should I be punished and not receive the mods because you feel it should be mission-based?

Kill 20 acolytes. That's a milestone that's not too difficult.

Edited by DeltaPhantom