The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Debt Event Mods Should Be End Of Mission Rewards Instead Of Dropping Mid-Mission

Unknown924

we will have to see. i know how some people will behave after because spite is a real thing. they will just continue to join public games and abort out of spite and that is the behavior of a child. i dont disagree with having the mods come as a pack reward since we had it in events before but if they arent willing to do that now ill take anything that stops the childish behavior.

So what you're saying is that currently you're having a sucky time in Warframe, and you'll happily make *other* people have a sucky time if it means you don't have to, instead of hoping for a solution that can benefit everyone?

I'm not sure you're really entitled to be throwing around the term "childish".

If people are forced to finish missions they don't wanna do then people will just stop playing the event, I already have. This will lead to the same problem we have already: no one to do group missions with. I won't just take a 'fix' that will actually make things worse, sorry.

i dont ever remember a time where there was no one to group with. during the grind fest 5000 aka fomorian attack SOOO many people complained about how long it took to destroy the fomorians and alot of people said they stopped doing it but in light of that i always found a squad for public matching because people have varying opinions and some will agree and other wont. people want to stop playing the event? by all means that doesnt mean everyone is going to.

i dont ever remember a time where there was no one to group with. during the grind fest 5000 aka fomorian attack SOOO many people complained about how long it took to destroy the fomorians and alot of people said they stopped doing it but in light of that i always found a squad for public matching because people have varying opinions and some will agree and other wont. people want to stop playing the event? by all means that doesnt mean everyone is going to.

So what are you complaining about? If people abort your mission, and its on public, then people can still join as long as you've not finished the objective, and if you have, then go ahead and run to extraction. You're wanting a solution here that benefits no one, punishes many that weren't even involved in public aborting, instead of asking for something that makes this event better for all.

Edited by SpaceSheepie

we will have to see. i know how some people will behave after because spite is a real thing. they will just continue to join public games and abort out of spite and that is the behavior of a child. i dont disagree with having the mods come as a pack reward since we had it in events before but if they arent willing to do that now ill take anything that stops the childish behavior.

"Childish" behavior is exactly what OP and his supporters have shown. "People don't play the game I want them to play!"

Well, if you don't like it, grow some muscle and take on acolytes 1 v 1 or with a friend. It's FAR from impossible.

So what you're saying is that currently you're having a sucky time in Warframe, and you'll happily make *other* people have a sucky time if it means you don't have to, instead of hoping for a solution that can benefit everyone?

I'm not sure you're really entitled to be throwing around the term "childish".

i see the concept of understanding is wasted here. i said if they are not willing to change the system based on player feedback ill take any bandaid they are willing to slap on because its better than them doing nothing.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

"Childish" behavior is exactly what OP and his supporters have shown. "People don't play the game I want them to play!"

Well, if you don't like it, grow some muscle and take on acolytes 1 v 1 or with a friend. It's FAR from impossible.

never said it was impossible nor should i have to stop playing public games because someone wants to ruin it. the op wants a change. people in this forum want some sort of change and that we can all agree on. but going into public games with no respect for the people you join that should stop.

i see the concept of understanding is wasted here. i said if they are not willing to change the system based on player feedback ill take any bandaid they are willing to slap on because its better than them doing nothing.

I actually do think sometimes doing nothing is better, because solutions like these make it worse for all, not better for anyone. Is it really going to improve your experience if people can't abort? No, the aborters will just not play in the first place, which is ultimately the same result. There are many other ways to improve this event, why not chuck your hat into the ring of suggestions for them instead of waving a flag for punishing the aborters just because they're not playing the way you want? By the by, they're probably not playing the way they want, either, just this is the situation they have been put into because of the way the event is structured. 

Edited by SpaceSheepie

I actually do think sometimes doing nothing is better, because solutions like these make it worse for all, not better for anyone. Is it really going to improve your experience if people can't abort? No, the aborters will just not play in the first place, which is ultimately the same result.

Actually I could easily see them getting irritated and intentionally ruining other's games by aborting at critical moments, as a sort of 'payback' for having (in their opinion) a stupid rule put in place.

With all due respect, no, it's not. You're literally agreeing with me that you'll be happy if other players have a worse time so long as it improves how you want to play the game.

currently people are complaining heavily about mod drop rate if they did nothing at all people would still complain that the drop rate is bad and now they would complain that DE doesnt listen and did nothing at all to fix the issue so yes something is better than nothing. 

currently people are complaining heavily about mod drop rate if they did nothing at all people would still complain that the drop rate is bad and now they would complain that DE doesnt listen and did nothing at all to fix the issue so yes something is better than nothing. 

People have also made suggestions of different solutions to this problem that would make it better...

But a solution that will make an event worse is better than no solution? Dear me. Arguing with this kind of thinking is as tedious as grinding those mods, like banging your head against a brick wall. I'm out.

Edited by SpaceSheepie

Let me get it straight.

Making the whole thing even more tedious so people would complain about 2 things instead of 1 is an improvement. What kind of alien logic is this? 

So a solution that will make an event worse is better than no solution? Dear me. I'm out.

it makes it worse by making you wait till the end to get rewards? the basic mechanic of missions is you get rewards at the end of the mission and not if you abort or the mission fails. you want to abort do it solo or do it with friends. doing it in public matches show you have no respect for people you dont know.

Let me get it straight.

Making the whole thing even more tedious so people would complain about 2 things instead of 1 is an improvement. What kind of alien logic is this? 

if you are complaining about tediousness of warframe it means you havent been playing long. welcome to Warframe.

it makes it worse by making you wait till the end to get rewards? the basic mechanic of missions is you get rewards at the end of the mission and not if you abort or the mission fails. you want to abort do it solo or do it with friends. doing it in public matches show you have no respect for people you dont know.

if you are complaining about tediousness of warframe it means you havent been playing long. welcome to Warframe.

Over 800 hours logged. This is the first time I've found the game to be tedious. I'm bailing out this thread now before I put my head through my desk.

Its a timed drop because the mobs they drop from are slowly depleting in health and we don't know when, if ever, we'll get a chance at these mods again. I don't understand what you don't understand about that. Its not that we have to stay in a mission to get it, its that we only have a limited time that these rewards are seemingly going to be around. Along with the low drop rates and the bugs, this is causing people to frantically farm as fast as possible, which means aborting missions. This is the actual problem, not people aborting, which is a mere symptom as explained before.

Oh, I understand where you're coming from just fine. And I can agree, it's not optimal. You know what else I see though?

greedymilk-41be2a1.jpg

People just gotta have EVERYTHING, even if it means that they have to ruin the experience of everyone else playing legit. Do you think it's fair that someone plays the game properly while others decide to blunt-force their way through the event?

Every time, EVERY TIME, someone has found a super farming spot in this game, be it for syndicate rep, or oxium, or whatever, DE does this thing where they fix it. And every time folks come out of the woodworks saying "But... I didn't do this, why punish me?" And they do it anyways. This has been a common occurrence. So acting surprised when DE sees folks doing the same thing during this event makes me question why they're still surprised.

So yes, I can see where you're coming from. But I know where DE has been, and will be, after this Hotfix. Why are you surprised when this has been a running solution.

Find Farming Exploit;

DE applies HammerFix;

Community complains;

Community goes off to play some more anyways;

Repeat until U100000000.

Over 800 hours logged. This is the first time I've found the game to be tedious. I'm bailing out this thread now before I put my head through my desk.

800hrs sounds new to me since you want to use logged time. i have 2 accounts this one is my second account but has the most logged time on it at 2396 hrs but more because i played before steam got their mitts on it.

MR21, not a single Draco farm, over 2220 hours, took part in every tac alert and event starting with that hijack one. Check your facts before you talk or get out. :3

The only thing I see is you DEMANDING me and any other WF player to respect you and your oh so precious play style. Then I see more alien logic, blatant white knighting and apparent lack of respect towards everyone else.

MR21, not a single Draco farm, over 2220 hours, took part in every tac alert and event starting with that hijack one. Check your facts before you talk or get out. :3

The only thing I see is you DEMANDING me and any other WF player to respect you and your oh so precious play style. Then I see more alien logic, blatant white knighting and apparent lack of respect towards everyone else.

aww how cute thats the second time i got called a white knight for standing up for players who like playing as intended. ill ask you nicely be civil or exit.

"Playing legit"

Ah yes the attempt to assert that you playstyle is the proper one, while asserting this is a multiplayer game with many options.

You do realize that enough hammer fixes still drive people off? And that in the end, Warframe is only popular due to being one of the few things in its slot?

Something the new Doom and successors will be taking?

You do realize that enough hammer fixes still drive people off? And that in the end, Warframe is only popular due to being one of the few things in its slot?

Something the new Doom and successors will be taking?

Please point to one of the many hammerfixes in Warframe over the last 2 years where that's happened? Because it seems that the only thing that happens every time DE applies hammerfixes to farm-happy exploiters is exploiters complain. And then they get back to playing the game.

aww how cute thats the second time i got called a white knight for standing up for players who like playing as intended. ill ask you nicely be civil or exit.

So, you are proud about being on a noble campaign to stand up for the random people on the internet. Ladies and gentlemen... first world problems. Want a UAV medal for it maybe? :P

I'd probably be rude and uncivilized and stay to watch. You are pretty amusing. :P

Especially your logic.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

So, you are proud about being on a noble campaign to stand up for the random people on the internet. Ladies and gentlemen... first world problems. Want a UAV medal for it maybe? :P

I'd probably be rude and uncivilized and stay. You are pretty amusing. :P

prides got nothing to do with coming into the feedback and giving some. the only thing noble i see is DE gonna lift a finger to do something no matter what it is and that is important. dont like it well i guess you dont like it but it wont change facts.

The goal of the event is to kill the stalker acolytes, not actually do the missions. When you beat the G3 you can pull out of the mission you are on, why not here? If the goal is to kill these guys then we are going to the tile to kill these guys, not to do the sab, ext, etc mission.

That is the reasoning that was setup for the event. Aborting the mission is what people are going to do because they don't want to grind a mission after killing the acolyte, they want to actually play the event (not the tile mission). Putting the mod drop at the end simply doesn't make much sense for the event itself, it only makes sense if DE wants players to have to grind more plain missions to get the event mods.

The goal of the event is to kill the stalker acolytes, not actually do the missions. When you beat the G3 you can pull out of the mission you are on, why not here? If the goal is to kill these guys then we are going to the tile to kill these guys, not to do the sab, ext, etc mission.

this would be a solution they could easily implement and not have to have the end of mission reward. and for endless defense have them show up more than once. until extraction is available.