Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Only Fight For Corpus In Invasions Now (And Suggest For You To Do The Same)

CaterHowlett16

My fellow Tenno, 

Below is the list of reasons that I now fight exclusively for the corpus in invasion missions. First is lore reasons, then I'll list gameplay reasons.

* Their human

The corpus have had their dash of jerk moments, no argument there. But they are the most human with their own set of emotions like fear, sadness, happiness, or anger. Every time you kill a crewman, you kill a human. Not a clone, not a zombie, not a brainwashed borg rip-off, but a human. The grineer were once human, but are now bred and trained to kill, not just tenno, but anything that dares to stop their war-machine. Not to mention that they look like walking corpses. 

Most Corpus aren't nearly as evil 

Yes they have Nef Anyo, but what about Darvo? or Frohd Bek?  They have helped tenno us on multiple occasions. Even Alad V, probably the most evil corpus around, (If any corpus needed to die it was him. Killing tenno to make his cyberdog and all.) helped us stop the stalker and is now dodging acolytes because of it. That's pretty nice of him if you ask me. And as for the crewman, they are just doing thier job: Protecting their stuff that WE tend to steal in order to snag a new mod or some B.S. like that. Ironic isn't it? The tenno constantly rob convoys, computer terminals, spy information, and more. Yet THEY are the greedy ones.

* 99% of grineer are stone-cold killers

As I said before, Every last grineer is cloned, bred, and raised to kill. From sargas ruk, to tyl regor. And the ones that don't have the killer instinct or don't like slaughtering people are given a big "retard" stamp and thrown into the blender to be cloned again . (exaggeration but that's what grineer culture is like. ) But what about steel meridian or clem? aren't they good grineer? They defected. They were given the big "retard" stamp but for some miracle they weren't thrown into the blender. Show me evidence of this happening on the corpus side.   

Grineer have taken over more than half the starmap.

Most players don't give a crap as long as they are kicked a potato or two for being a good little tenno. but there was a time when the grineer had four YES FOUR planets, outnumbered by corpus planets.(don't believe me? ask any player who's been playing since 2014) But from these invasions Grineer got the tenno to expand the empire to an extra three planets. Grineer are the way they are today not because DE waved their magic wand, but because of the community's brainless "fight for the guys with the greater reward" mentality.

* Where the corpus have given a hand, grineer have given a finger. (as in middle finger)

Lately Alad's helped us with the second dream quest, but there have been other times when the corpus have either gone to us for help. For example, I remember hunting down juggernauts for Frohd Bek that had been let loose by a corpus splinter cell. (I don't have proof, but I'm pretty sure it was perrin sequence EDIT: apparently its called the black seed. As so many angry com mentors are "enlightening" me.  ) Now let's look at the grineer. In eyes of blight, Vay hek shot down some relays and today they are now........ still trying to shoot down relays. Glad to see the grineer have matured (sarcasm) 

(:)I've covered the Lore reasons, but some of you still don't give a damn about "balance" or "order" and as Alfred Pennyworth said: "Want to watch the world burn" or worse So here are some gameplay reasons why you should fight exclusively for the corpus.

*"OP units" Grineer has more of them. 

Yes, We know corpus has the sap osprey, but that's just one unit. Other than that what unit would you consider OP on the corpus? corpus techs?, nullifiers?, shockwave moas?, please.... those units are fairly easy to kill (unless your doing a sortie in which EVERY unit seems to be OP, but that's another rant.) Grineer have ballistas, napalms, bombards, those turrets that will shred your frame in a heartbeat, and here's the big one: SCORCHERS. That's 5 to 1 if you weren't keeping score.  Now you could whine about how the scorcher killed you in 2 seconds flat and then cry on the forums that the unit is killing you needs to be nerfed. OR you could do something about it. (Imagine if the corpus managed to take ceres, then you could do draco without worrying about ever seeing a ballista or a scorch)

G3 vs harvester

Ok I'll try to touch all variables here. The odds of G3 showing up is a bit better to harvester (seeing as you have an instant chance for them to spawn if you do LOR) . I'll give G3 that, but once they show up, how's their drop rate? I'll give you a hint: I managed to get detron as the first 5-6 times I farmed. It took me an afternoon. I have yet to finish the brakk, and I have farmed 12 times. Moreover I have talked to people who claim that they took about the process of a year before getting thier barrels. Ok, but what if you don't get them and they get you to bleed-out? Well, harvester takes you on a short bonus mission where you have to escape from Alad V's clutches. G3 will: First, put a shield around you so you can't be revived by your bros. Second, attach a device on your frame that will reduce your damage on grineer. Lastly they'll provide a bp to take the device off......If you cough up some resources and credits. So long term, they mug you. If everyone were to focus your energy on gaining and maintaining G3 deathmarks by fighting the grineer on invasions, you would a better chance for a team all with G3 deathmarks. That means a increased spawn chance and THAT means increased chances of getting that Brakk barrel.

*It's A "challenge" OP players are looking for that's not a sortie (If you are a normal player who thinks the game is hard enough, skip this one.)

Ok let me ask you a question. Do you own a noob weapon like tonkor, soma P, or something of the sort? Or maybe a noob frame like Rhino P or Nova P? Do you spend half your time whining to DE on the forums for a "challenge" or to nerf all tenno (or buff all non-tenno) so you can have your sick rage-fetish (Rageophilia: a strange arousal when a game kills you to the point you rage, calling the game total B.S. claiming hacks, accompanied by multiple meaningless reports yet go on it again and again. This is very common in COD players, Halo players, CSGO players and many more.) If so, I have a challenge for YOU. Wait till the next invasion on ceres, and then fight for the corpus so that THEY WIN THE INVASION (No doing one run and copping out you little *****) If you really want to grow some chest hair, use fire or explosives mods with only melee weapons attached while doing so. Oh, and no abilities or Corrosive Projection, some frames would make the job easier, and no CP because I know teams are gonna go four CP and come back saying how easy it was. (*cough* *trin* *cough* *nova*)  You will discover that it is crawling crawling with lvl 30-40 napalms. I did one and found out out of about 117 grineer, there were at least thirty napalms. 

OK there are my reasons, there should be more than enough. This isn't DE's job guys IT'S OURS.

Edited by CaterHowlett16

Grineer have taken over more than half the starmap.

Most players don't give a crap as long as they are kicked a potato or two for being a good little tenno. but there was a time when the grineer had four YES FOUR planets, outnumbered by corpus planets.(don't believe me? ask any player who's been playing since 2014) But from these invasions Grineer got the tenno to expand the empire to an extra three planets. Grineer are the way they are today not because DE waved their magic wand, but because of the community's brainless "fight for the guys with

I'm pretty certain DE restored the planets/nodes to their original owners upon introducing Star Chart 2.0, and removed an invading faction's ability to take over that node. So the threat of either faction dominating the Star Chart is no longer an issue (at least to my knowledge).

That is not what our job is

Our job is to keep balance throughout the system.

*Facepalm* but wouldn't helping the corpus restore that balance? Or do you just say that over and over again until you believe it before you join the side with the better loot?

That's not restoring the balance dude that's being a mercenary.

Edited by CaterHowlett16

I'm pretty certain DE restored the planets/nodes to their original owners upon introducing Star Chart 2.0, and removed an invading faction's ability to take over that node. So the threat of either faction dominating the Star Chart is no longer an issue (at least to my knowledge).

I thought the same thing before I saw corpus on phobos. It was a normal ordinary exterminate mission and there they were corpus on a grineer planet.

It's very possible. 

The only reason I would ever choose between them is for the rewards and getting death marks.

See that is the mentality I'm talking about. Did you read the part of my argument that stated that the grineer got half the map because they gave out better rewards?

Edited by CaterHowlett16

Hah. I pick my side based on rewards. I am not throwing away a Catalyst for a Reactor that I do not need. 

BUT even so, even if I picked a side ignoring rewards, I would pick Grineer. 

1) IF helping one side influenced the universe, I'd pick Grineer. I like fighting Grineer more than the boring Corpus.

2) Corpus are souless money grubs. 

my loyalty lies with the faction that has the better reward

Hah. I pick my side based on rewards. I am not throwing away a Catalyst for a Reactor that I do not need. 

BUT even so, even if I picked a side ignoring rewards, I would pick Grineer. 

1) IF helping one side influenced the universe, I'd pick Grineer. I like fighting Grineer more than the boring Corpus.

2) Corpus are souless money grubs. 

*DOUBLE FACEPALM* Yes......I...... know..... You and 99% of the community. They blow up our relays, they instakill you with scorchers, Yet the minute they dangle A orokin catalyst or reactor bp in your face They are now your BFF's    

See that is the mentality I'm talking about. Did you read the part of my argument that stated that the grineer got half the map because they gave out better rewards?

Picking sides in this game is like a no-brainer; there's not enough lore or impactful choices that would challenge my ethics to pick anyone of those sides. Unless the choices are like Fallout 4, I will always pick by rewards.

I find it funny that you are trying to tell the entire community how bad they are just because they are doing what they believe is in their best interests. After all, not everyone is going to spend energy to care about how human Corpus are compared to Grineer.

Guys its just a potato. You can get one at the marketplace for 20p That's less than the usual market price for a syndicate weapon.

Something which, they can get for free. People love free things.

Nah... I'll fight for whomever pays what I want. I don't care what their reasons are... just make sure to have my shiny in my inbox when the dirty work is done. Can't even base it off of lore reasons on that, as the lore is still being told anyway. Also with the new star chart coming, that will make invasions even more interesting.

I find it funny that you are trying to tell the entire community how bad they are just because they are doing what they believe is in their best interests. After all, not everyone is going to spend energy to care about how human Corpus are compared to Grineer.

Did you read it all? At least tell me you read the full argument. 

Did you read it all? At least tell me you read the full argument. 

If you're going to tell people to read all of what you wrote, at least try to break up your giant walls of text a little more. For the sake of their eyes, I can't blame anyone for skipping over most of the content.

*Facepalm* but wouldn't helping the corpus restore that balance? Or do you just say that over and over again until you believe it before you join the side with the better loot?

That's not restoring the balance dude that's being a mercenary.

That's literally the entire point of the Warframe lore and the Tenno's job. Keeping balance throughout the solar system. Not just Corpus

It's told to you multiple times as you play through the game. Lotus even tells you that.

Edited by KJRenz

Wow I write a huge paragraph, listing several good reasons, some lore, some gameplay based, I still get this massive "no"  because GOD FORBID YOU LOSE A POTATO SOMETHING THEY GIVE OUT ABOUT EVERY TWO WEEKS. Do you even care about the repercussions?  Course not, that's why grineer have half the map, and managed to kill 4 relays.

Wow I write a huge paragraph, listing several good reasons, some lore, some gameplay based, I still get this massive "no"  because GOD FORBID YOU LOSE A POTATO SOMETHING THEY GIVE OUT ABOUT EVERY TWO WEEKS. Do you even care about the repercussions?  Course not, that's why grineer have half the map, and managed to kill 4 relays.

Uh, the whole relay thing was players wanting to see DE actually destroy them. Players just waiting at the relay and yelling DO IT

Repercussions? There are none for us. Sure, we let a hand full of relays die; that was definately the fault of the community. That aside, there is nothing to lose or gain by letting the two major factions duke it out. Sure the Grineer may have a stronger foothold on most planets, but who's to say that can't change at any given time? DE could easily step in if they wanted to, but they don't. The community could easily make a change if they wanted to, but they don't. The fact of the matter is, no one cares enough because there is no real reason to.