Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Debt Worst Event Ever?

SaucyTuckermax

Well, it does beat waiting around Bursas for 3 minutes while risking not being able to get up or crashing 12 times so it's definitely better than False Profit. It's also slightly better than Gradivus or Tubemen in that we get some mission variation. Bonus points for not showing up in Hijack missions for me yet. 

I understand that a lot of people don't like the 'global players vs a boss with huge health who runs away after a certain damage' thing but I really like the idea, and the Pokemon G/S-esque random boss location is interesting as well. Maybe the Acolytes could have stayed a little longer in a node depending on the mission and player performance?

And with regards to RNG...well, it's Warframe. Maybe after defeating the current Acolytes, there will be a final boss-like Acolyte who will have better drop chance for rare ones, events like these always have rewards ramped up during the final stages. I just hope that Acolytes will be featured in a more permanent way after the event is done, which they most likely will. Bursas are an exception in this case, though I have no idea as to why they're not in the game yet. Still some bugs? Need to wait for another Nef event?

So far I really like how aggressive the Acolytes are. They are kind of like Manics but with more abilities, abilities that I can dodge if I'm paying attention. I guess they're susceptible to certain CCs like slow and freeze, but as Ember main CC-ing them is kinda out of the question--trying to outmaneuver their dashes and jumps was a lot of fun (Ash Teleport OP plz nerf). 

Geez, you're here to kill the betrayers (-Alad V), not for some loot.

We don't even know yet how the drop rates are for the Final Challenger part. Maybe the drop rates are lower for this part of the event, so people actually go and kill them? Had I got all the mods in just few runs I would've stopped there and be waiting that other people kill them. But instead now I'm killing them too.

Why everything have to be end of the world in these forums...

For me the event is terrible. The 4 starting missions were good, interesting new enemies, good drops, good end rewards. But the acolyte stuff is terrible...

Acolyte location is random and can be on endless (good luck not host migrating) - RNG

Acolytes spawn randomly and may not spawn at all - RNG

Crap drop tables - RNG

It's very poorly executed. Acolyte hunts should have been dedicated assassinate missions with a drop and guaranteed end of mission reward. Currently we entered into DE's desperation to make starchart content relevant. If this is any indication of what they intend to do on the rework, it's not even funny.

I'm not going to kill acolytes simply for the sake of RNG. The fights are plain boring, you either fight them fairly, which is a bullet sponge fight and nothing more, or you cheese and near insta-kill it...

Also the quits on endless...and no, don't tell me to solo endless, I'd rather join the quitters than endure that torment. I solo non endless, but we fall into the realm of boredom again. Lose lose situation.

Not to mention the downtime were you're just staring at the screen waiting for them to spawn because you're really only here for the event...

Edited by Demon.King

Playing this event has devolved into this:

1) Is acolyte on def or surv? If no, go whack off. If yes, see 2. (I also do cap)

2) Rush for acolyte encounter.

3) Did he drop something other than Catalyzer Link, Body Count, or Hydraulic Crosshairs? If no, abort and repeat process. If yes, glide through the 5 waves or minutes then extract and repeat.

It's an &#! backwards process, but it is the fastest and least mind numbing, especially when you take into account some rewards have a 2% or less drop rate.

Edited by Xcedis

Event isn't over yet, but this is one of the(If not the only) events that has event mods on a rng roulette. At the very least they could have evened out the reward tables regardless of rarity for the sake of the event itself.  Also, having these acolytes spawn in interception, defense, and survival really sets people up for mass quitting since they want nothing more than to get the mod and leave.

Acolytes definitely could've been done better.

Too much RNG,

Too much grind.

DE should reconsider about this event.

Definitely reconsidered and will be making the following changes

It is definitely very turbulent right now with the aborts. Work is in progress for the next Hotfix that will present the Mods on Mission Complete.

Keep in mind different people will enjoy different things. Although this particular instance demanded our attention to improve, we understand that not everyone will be interested in taking part. Locking thread.