Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng, Cc Abilities, Crit Weapons And More.

Chhkt

The big problem with adding more tilesets and why it doesn't really qualify as "polishing existing content" (one of the main recurring arguments against my points), is that it is much more involved and would pull some resources away from actually polishing/fixing current content--namely AI pathing and QA.

Focusing exclusively on "polishing" existing content means not creating new content; new tiles for tilesets is a form of content creation.

That said, creating new tilesets still doesn't keep the entire art and content creation staff occupied.

I think there is tons of plat potential in creating skins and helmets for a lot of the newer frames. This would also give something for the artists to work on.

Seriously, one only needs to look at Excalibur as a prime example of their ability to create things. Excalibur alone has the Immortal, Prisma, and Proto skins as well as Avalon, Pendragon, and Mordred helmets not including the Prisma variants of each and the Proto helmet AND THEN all the Tennogen stuff (granted its made by players). I also didn't mention Excal Prime and the upcoming Excal Umbra.

Let's take a look at Equinox. Skin? None. Helmets? One alt helm. Same for Atlas. Chroma and Mesa just have two alt helms and that's it. Even poor Limbo and Zephyr still only have two helms.

The potential for extra plat sales are there, but we are getting Excal Umbra instead who is supposed to be completely different and new from original Excal. I wouldn't be railing on this as much if I could make things for Tennogen, but with my artistic "ability" I'm lucky to make stick figures look like they don't have birth defects.

Edited by Xcedis

I think there is tons of plat potential in creating skins and helmets for a lot of the newer frames. This would also give something for the artists to work on.

Seriously, one only needs to look at Excalibur as a prime example of their ability to create things. Excalibur alone has the Immortal, Prisma, and Proto skins as well as Avalon, Pendragon, and Mordred helmets not including the Prisma variants of each as the Proto helmet AND THEN all the Tennogen stuff (granted its made by players). I also didn't mention Excal Prime and the upcoming Excal Umbra.

Let's take a look at Equinox. Skin? None. Helmets? One alt helm. Same for Atlas. Chroma and Mesa just have two alt helms and that's it. Even poor Limbo still only has two helms.

The potential for extra plat sales are there, but we are getting Excal Umbra instead who is supposed to be completely different and new from original Excal. I wouldn't be railing on this as much if I could make things for Tennogen, but with my artistic "ability" I'm lucky to make stick figures look like they don't have birth defects.

I don't disagree. This would be a good solution.

However I can't help but feel that a lot of players would start complaining about how DE is focusing "too much" on cosmetics and "not enough" on meaningful content or polishing existing content.

What it boils down to is that there's probably no real way to satisfy every single player.

However I can't help but feel that a lot of players would start complaining about how DE is focusing "too much" on cosmetics and "not enough" on meaningful content or polishing existing content.

What it boils down to is that there's probably no real way to satisfy every single player.

I'd say we've known there is no way to satisfy every player from the get go. It's impossible and I'm not going to deny that. However, if I were to take the playerbase's temperature (and reading the forums is really the only way I can do this) I would say that players are wanting previous content fixed, polished, and fleshed out more than more new things that may fall flat in a day.

I guess you could say that Warframe is...Overextended.

yeaaaahhhh.png

Edited by Xcedis

For me, meaningful content is a bit of a paradox. If a overhaul was made to the core gameplay my reaction to more future content would be, "hey this was fun already and they are adding even more cool stuff?", instead of "oh...more stuff that i wont play again after im done with it".

That's just the way I feel about it right now.

The big problem with adding more tilesets and why it doesn't really qualify as "polishing existing content" (one of the main recurring arguments against my points), is that it is much more involved and would pull some resources away from actually polishing/fixing current content--namely AI pathing and QA.

Focusing exclusively on "polishing" existing content means not creating new content; new tiles for tilesets is a form of content creation.

That said, creating new tilesets still doesn't keep the entire art and content creation staff occupied.

Okay, how about instead of adding new tiles, they start modifying existing tiles to better facilitate use of Parkour 2.0? The new system is a lot easier to use to move around on all directional planes, and the new accuracy calculations for enemies make it a lot more interesting to play evasively. That's great. 

The tiles with flat planes set up for wall-running are still the only places you can really do that reliably, and everywhere else is riddled with insignificant little snags and other miscellaneous obstacles that really shouldn't be a hindrance but stop you from moving smoothly. 

I think it's ridiculous to say that "polishing old content means not creating new content."

Of course you have to create new content in order to polish existing content. You need new textures. You need new models. You need new animations. You need new tiles (not tilesets, mind you.) You need all sorts of new things in order to improve what is already there. 

Dark Sectors, which were supposed to be one of our first stabs at end-game need to be fleshed out. I wrote a huge thread back in the day about how they might be expanded into a distinctive mode with a special loot table (kinda like sorties) that added a sort of explanation and justification to a variety of in-game objectives. That would require a ton of new content creation.

Archwing needs to be fleshed out to a similar extent.

Ditto for Syndicates.

The problem is there are so many old systems that are practically proof-of-concept skeletons for game systems that need expansion and refinement, and yet we're still mostly just getting new systems that also need expansion and refinement. 

Focusing on polishing old content instead of producing new content does not mean that DE should not produce new content. It means that the content they produce should be aimed at improving existing content rather than adding on to the list of what still needs to be polished.

DE is never going to take a break from making new content. for the simple reason that polishing old content doesn't bring in money. And wouldn't keep people playing accept for the vets.

People dont spend plat on bug fixes, they spend plat on new weapons, warframes and cosmetics.

Just this event alone probably brought in tens of thousands of dollars just from people buying plat to get the new mods, and rushing/ buying forma to rebuild their favorite weapons.

DE is never going to take a break from making new content. for the simple reason that polishing old content doesn't bring in money. And wouldn't keep people playing accept for the vets.

People dont spend plat on bug fixes, they spend plat on new weapons, warframes and cosmetics.

Just this event alone probably brought in tens of thousands of dollars just from people buying plat to get the new mods, and rushing/ buying forma to rebuild their favorite weapons.

I already explained to Letter13 where there are opportunities for LOTS of cosmetics to be made while shifting focus to old mechanics.

As someone said earlier, we as a community need to come together and express our preference for the old mechanics getting revisions instead of more and more new content.

I already explained to Letter13 where there are opportunities for LOTS of cosmetics to be made while shifting focus to old mechanics.

As someone said earlier, we as a community need to come together and express our preference for the old mechanics getting revisions instead of more and more new content.

But I, as a part of the community, enjoy new content.

I wouldn't mind them slowing down a bit to add more resources into old content, but I don't want them to just stop production on all the new stuff they are making.

A lot of the old content is the first thing new players experience, the fact that it's an unpolished cluster@!# is what pushes away a sizable portion of new players and their money.

A lot of the old content is the first thing new players experience, the fact that it's an unpolished cluster@!# is what pushes away a sizable portion of new players and their money.

Im not too sure about that. Most of the time the only people that notice bad mechanics are the vets that have been playing for a long time and understand them on a deeper level. When I first started out playing back when it came out of closed beta everything was a mess. there was only 1 tile set, parkour 1.0 was still being worked on, but the game still hooked me. and it wasn't until I felt I had basically done all the content in the game that I had started to think about things more and realize there were very serious improvements that were needed.

Im not too sure about that. Most of the time the only people that notice bad mechanics are the vets that have been playing for a long time and understand them on a deeper level. When I first started out playing back when it came out of closed beta everything was a mess. there was only 1 tile set, parkour 1.0 was still being worked on, but the game still hooked me. and it wasn't until I felt I had basically done all the content in the game that I had started to think about things more and realize there were very serious improvements that were needed.

The difference is we started with a small amount of unfinished content in a clearly early beta game, as opposed to walls upon walls of confusing and convoluted unfinished content in a game that's now going on three years.

To reinforce your point, here is a brilliant statement from a new player about the Shadow Debt event.

This is the worst event i ever played in online game. Im quite new in wf (52days), but after 3days of this event i regret the time and money i spent on this game.

So...this is what new players probably feel. An inordinate amount of frustration and stress over RNG and having to put in so much time for just a sliver of a chance at something good.

I've been saying this since 2013, but I really wish DE would paint us a better picture of what their priorities are. Saying "we respond to feedback" is nice and cool, but that's not necessarily the best strategy. Especially if you want your players to offer meaningful feedback.

What is the point of posting a magnificent feedback thread about Parkour 2.0 if there are currently no plans to work on parkour? That feedback will just go to waste. And wasted feedback frustrates players. And frustrated players are less likely to support the game, be it with money or with additional useful feedback. Not only that, but this confusion reduces the chance people will read and support ideas that are actually helpful.

We're not supposed to be telling DE what they should work on next. We're supposed to be offering insight and options to the things DE is currently working on. But we'll never be able to do that if we only ever hear about it during devstreams. And even then it doesn't happen always.

I've been saying this since 2013, but I really wish DE would paint us a better picture of what their priorities are. Saying "we respond to feedback" is nice and cool, but that's not necessarily the best strategy. Especially if you want your players to offer meaningful feedback.

What is the point of posting a magnificent feedback thread about Parkour 2.0 if there are currently no plans to work on parkour? That feedback will just go to waste. And wasted feedback frustrates players. And frustrated players are less likely to support the game, be it with money or with additional useful feedback. Not only that, but this confusion reduces the chance people will read and support ideas that are actually helpful.

We're not supposed to be telling DE what they should work on next. We're supposed to be offering insight and options to the things DE is currently working on. But we'll never be able to do that if we only ever hear about it during devstreams. And even then it doesn't happen always.

Well said. I think the player-Dev communication should be expanded in the way you've described.

Devs should be telling us what the main priority is currently, what areally the secondary priorities. What are they looking to do, how, and be open to both criticism as well as suggestions.

DE can even offer several options and give the players time to vote (1 month) so everyone gets a chance to have a say and offer input.

The community mods/managers jobs would be expanded to make these ideas/criticisms more succinct and intelligible to devs.

That would give players much more focused and relevant feedback.

Also stop with new content and do a round of complete bug-fixing overhauls. There are bugs still here for as long as I can remember. DE can only hide behind the "beta" tag for so long before we realize we wouldn't let any other developer get away with this so why do we for warframe?