Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Still Need To Fix One More Thing.

-CdG-Zilchy

So the hotfix has stopped the aborts no worries there. But they haven't gotten rid of the fact that aborting after killing the Acolyte still takes it's health down. What's wrong with that you say? Imagine if you'd farmed Torment hard, gotten about 5-6 Argon Scope to sell and see Torment reappear, giving more people a chance to obtain that rare mod you want to sell. What's your stop me going into a Defense node, getting the instant spawn, killing it and aborting? Net result, Torment still dies quickly and I can sell my mod that I got easily from aborts. Don't kid yourself, people WILL do this, out of spite or out of greed. It needs to be fixed so that the Acolyte only loses health from a completed mission.

yes all of those 26 people who spent the time getting 10 argon scopes will now spend the same amount of time just to defeat him 3 minuets faster than it would have taken normally thus introducing 8 argon scopes into the market dropping its value by .3 plat.

yes all of those 26 people who spent the time getting 10 argon scopes will now spend the same amount of time just to defeat him 3 minuets faster than it would have taken normally thus introducing 8 argon scopes into the market dropping its value by .3 plat.

I'm not sure you used enough sarcasm there...

I think you're grossly underestimating the capabilities of trade chat, it is certainly in their best interests to be the ones who have the mod available for purchase. Do you still see legendary cores going for 1000p each? No, why? Because they're more available and more people have them. So while the eventual price would become the same, currently as it stands it's in the best interests of greedy traders to end Torment again. These same people were selfish enough to abort over and over in public matches don't forget. I'm sure they're perfectly reasonable people...

I think you're grossly overestimating how much people care about anyone but themselves. They restarted because they wanted more chances to get the mod they want, not because it made everyone else get stuck in host migration.

I realise that, what point are you trying to make? Sorry I don't quite follow you, please elaborate.

That this isn't actually a serious problem. Most people are going to get their mod and not give a F***, and the few who think "oh, I'll farm this guy and then he'll be gone and no one else will get the mod haha!" aren't actually going to make a significant impact in the market.

So the hotfix has stopped the aborts no worries there. But they haven't gotten rid of the fact that aborting after killing the Acolyte still takes it's health down. What's wrong with that you say? Imagine if you'd farmed Torment hard, gotten about 5-6 Argon Scope to sell and see Torment reappear, giving more people a chance to obtain that rare mod you want to sell. What's your stop me going into a Defense node, getting the instant spawn, killing it and aborting? Net result, Torment still dies quickly and I can sell my mod that I got easily from aborts. Don't kid yourself, people WILL do this, out of spite or out of greed. It needs to be fixed so that the Acolyte only loses health from a completed mission.

First off, theres nobody on the planet that has gotten 5-6 argon scopes WITHOUT buying them. I call rubbish to anyone who claims they have. How do I know this?? Cuz i'm on acolyte 90 and I haven't got 1 argon scope or any other rare mod for that matter, sure maybe RNG just hates me but still really doubt anyone has legit got 5 or more without buying.

First off, theres nobody on the planet that has gotten 5-6 argon scopes WITHOUT buying them. I call rubbish to anyone who claims they have. How do I know this?? Cuz i'm on acolyte 90 and I haven't got 1 argon scope or any other rare mod for that matter, sure maybe RNG just hates me but still really doubt anyone has legit got 5 or more without buying.

I've gotten 3 myself with about 160 runs so I'm not so sure of that. Sold one for 150p, still have the other 2. I also have 2 complete sets apart from another Maiming Strike. RNG man.

Edit: make that 4 Argon Scope now.

Edited by Zilchy