The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happens When A Weapon Has More Than 100% Status Chance?

SadnessFactory

Question

19 answers to this question

Shotguns, AFAIK only Boar Prime/Strun Wraith (although new mods could push the others up there as well), will give every pellet a 100% proc chance, so you'll see every damage type on your weapon procced at the same time, due to pellet/multishot/status interaction. That's the only noteworthy over 100% status I know of.

Shotguns, AFAIK only Boar Prime/Strun Wraith (although new mods could push the others up there as well), will give every pellet a 100% proc chance, so you'll see every damage type on your weapon procced at the same time, due to pellet/multishot/status interaction. That's the only noteworthy over 100% status I know of.

That's still just 100% status chance. Not over 100%.

Pretty sure I've shoved more than 100% into my vaykor marelok (which has Blast & Corrosive)...

... Checks ...

Yeah - 99%, add scorch (+60%. and 60% of 35% would add 20%) and it only goes to 100%.

Had hoped it would go to 120% or something, so guarantee of one proc, and a 20% chance of the other. :)

Several melee weapons have been able to easily hit 100% status chance for a long time now.

Sadly as above posters have said it grants you nothing.

Would be cool if it gave you a chance for two procs or a supercharged single proc, but DE doesn't seem interested in making status builds more interesting/better.

Anything over 100% won't do anything.

This is wrong.

It works like Multishot. If you have over 100% you are guaranteed to get a status proc on each hit and then whatever the extra % is is the chance you have to get a second chance. When you proc a status effect it doesn't proc every effect on your weapon, the game uses an algorithm and chooses one. Physical effects are 4 times more likely to happen.  

It should also be noted that Multi-shot mods scew the numbers on your arsenal and in the online builder. This is because it takes the extra shot(s) into account for the status effect. So if you have 100% multishot and 100% status chance, one of those 2 "shots" will proc the status. 

This is wrong.

It works like Multishot. If you have over 100% you are guaranteed to get a status proc on each hit and then whatever the extra % is is the chance you have to get a second chance. When you proc a status effect it doesn't proc every effect on your weapon, the game uses an algorithm and chooses one. Physical effects are 4 times more likely to happen.  

It should also be noted that Multi-shot mods scew the numbers on your arsenal and in the online builder. This is because it takes the extra shot(s) into account for the status effect. So if you have 100% multishot and 100% status chance, one of those 2 "shots" will proc the status. 

Eh what? This is all wrong.

If you have 100% status chance, all bullets/pellets proc. Multishot doesn't actually affect status chance at all. Arsenal UI just shows the chance of getting at least one proc per shot.

Physical effects aren't 4 times more likely to happen unless you have 4 times more physical damage than elemental damage.

Iv noticed this weird thing where people talk of status as if elemental and physical damage are the same thing, which is weird to me....though they both work on status chance, they have different mechanics that decide what will proc,for elemental it would be the position of mods that indicate which element takes priority over another, but for physical it's which ever of the three is highest in damage that procs first? That was my understanding of physical damage, QUESTION: physical damage seems to have a higher chance of proccing than elemental, but I never saw anything that suggested it interfered with the chances that elemental damage would proc, as in that physical damage will always go before an elemental damage type, to me, they are both seperate. I really only do elemental damage with weapons....quanta....serro...so I don't really know

Iv noticed this weird thing where people talk of status as if elemental and physical damage are the same thing, which is weird to me....though they both work on status chance, they have different mechanics that decide what will proc,for elemental it would be the position of mods that indicate which element takes priority over another, but for physical it's which ever of the three is highest in damage that procs first? That was my understanding of physical damage, QUESTION: physical damage seems to have a higher chance of proccing than elemental, but I never saw anything that suggested it interfered with the chances that elemental damage would proc, as in that physical damage will always go before an elemental damage type, to me, they are both seperate. I really only do elemental damage with weapons....quanta....serro...so I don't really know

To my understanding physical procs always have at least 50% chance (can be more if you have less than half elemental damage).

After determining if it's physical or elemental proc, it decides which proc it does based on the percentage of the damage types. For example a weapon with 10 puncture, 10 slash, 80 impact and 100 fire damage would have 5% chance of proccing puncture, 5% slash, 40% impact and 50% fire.

Eh what? This is all wrong.

If you have 100% status chance, all bullets/pellets proc. Multishot doesn't actually affect status chance at all. Arsenal UI just shows the chance of getting at least one proc per shot.

Physical effects aren't 4 times more likely to happen unless you have 4 times more physical damage than elemental damage.

It's in the wiki http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effect

So unless the wiki is wrong, you are incorrect ;)