The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Possibly Silly Question?

FallingHeaven

Question

12 answers to this question

Certainly PC cannot play with either console - they are running different versions of the codebase.  I can't say for sure, but believe that each console is 'unique' as well.

If you are on PC, you'll need your friend to be on PC to help them - unless you want to create a new account and play on an XBox too.

Okay, that is a little disappointment.

Guess he has to explore the game on his own. I don't have an xbox.

Thanks guys

An off-topic question: is DE planning on making it cross-platform ? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to manage? (No programmer here, just a thought)

Edited by FallingHeaven

An off-topic question: is DE planning on making it cross-platform ? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to manage? (No programmer here, just a thought)

Quick answer, no.

Long answer, they wanted cross play, but you can't do something like that with Sony and Microsoft's permission. Which they aren't forthcoming with.

As to whether or not it would be easier to manage, it would be the opposite, the consoles require updates to be certified before they are implemented. If each platform were on the same server (and therefore the same update) then PC would have to be held back whilst console builds are ported and certified.

We would then be unable to test the build and find the bugs, due to the fact we'd have a buggy build and there's the whole certification stuff we'd have to wait a long time for fixes which slows down the process even more.

Edited by DeMonkey

Consoles are unique to the extend that they have a different patch rhytm, content (stuff like excal prime wasn't even codet for consoles to ny knowing) and theyr pairing is managed by sony/microsoft.

I'm pretty sure that it would be possible to allow crossplatform pairing if DE would put some effort into it (FF does it) but it's impossible at the current state.

Seriously? I met a guy once who claimed to be from South Korea. I probably misunderstood.

Why? There's no obligation to set your Region "correctly" or anything.

I believe the Asian Regions are kind of barren in comparison, so, to have an easier time

finding Squads - be it on the starchart or via Recruiting - or people to trade with,

switching your Region seems like a good idea, ping be damned :P

Edited by NinjaZeku